For over 30 years Chris King Precision Components has manufactured intentionally built industry leading bicycle components of the highest quality. Hubs, bottom brackets, and headsets are strictly made in the US from domestically sourced goods utilizing environmentally progressive production practices.
Engineered, manufactured and assembled in Portland, Oregon USA. The R45 front hub is built to address road and cross riders’ demands for Chris King performance in a lighter weight and more aerodynamic package. They have built a low profile hub body and combined it with their precision made-in-house bearings in a hub that will roll effortlessly with hassle-free longevity.
The 276g Chris King R45 ISO disc rear hub was designed for disc brake equipped road and cyclocross bikes. A Chris King hub will set your wheel apart from a standard factory wheel.
The elegantly machined R45 ISO disc hub meets the requirements of the world's most demanding road, cyclocross and light XC riders with long-term performance, durability, and unparalleled braking force. Inside the sleek hub body is a stiff 17mm alloy axle for superior performance under the lateral stresses encountered in corners and aggressive sprints.
The hubs feature the legendary King 45-point RingDrive engagement system. This patented mechanism is the source of the classic Chris King freewheel sound. The fast rolling, stainless steel standard bearings (designed and made in-house by Chris King) feature lightweight low-friction seals and are hand checked before they are installed in the hub. Ceramic bearings built to the same high quality standards are available as an upgrade.
• Weight: 276g +/-5%, (ceramic) 271g +/-5%
• Compatibility: Campagnolo and 11-speed Shimano (spacer is included for backward 9/10 spd. compatibility)
• Campagnolo version of the R45 is supplied with a Chris King specific 11 tooth lockring that must be used with this hub. Non-Chris King lock rings are incompatible.
• Converting from Shimano to Campagnolo requires a kit and an axle
• Available in 9 colors
• Bearings: Chris King proprietary steel