Topic: Unreasonable buyer! Watch out! Need help!

Posted on: 28th Jul 2009 10:16 PM    Quote and Reply

Quote:
"Formerly posted by chwee: As seller himself admitted... he was naive in the selling process.  But also lacked a bit of common sense.   From a quick glance through of the initial SMS, he was the one chasing after the buyer....     if someone is serious about buying, they will contact you.  No point chasing after everyone who sms you.    Just not that effective and made him seem more desparate, hence could be lowballed.
"

was pretty desperate to sell as my friend needed d money so had to be desperate.... n yes i was chasing d buyer a bit but i dont think it was an overkill... anyway, i think another BIG mistake was telling him my age.... he must have realized that i was young and stupid....

Regular Forumer
85 posts
Forum Rep: 0

Singapore
Posted on: 28th Jul 2009 10:19 PM    Quote and Reply

Quote:
"Formerly posted by Andy0912: I don't see the need to 'chase' after this dude when you have significantly higher offers, why make your life harder for lesser $?

You appeared desperate for someone who has 'lots of offer' for the bike you're selling.

I don't know how credible is your info and yes, you do lack certain common sense, gulliable is just an excuse, nothing personal.

"

sure, say anything that comes to ur mind..... i dont really give a dam right now... and he said that he would be lending d bike to me very often as he does not have enough time n etc.. also that after 6 months he would most likely "give" it to me....  so gullible is actually quite true, i went to believe his crap... n my info is very accurate, if u had seen my ad, there were around 7-10 ppl who replied to d post stating their contact details n etc... i also had quite alot of pms too.... but what to do i so stupid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Regular Forumer
85 posts

Singapore
Posted on: 28th Jul 2009 10:28 PM    Quote and Reply

Quote:
"Formerly posted by chwee:

crankiest - the way you BS from the beginning about how other people want to buy the bike at a higher price, but willing to let him hold it at lower price etc etc..   you really need to understand the particular markets that you're dealing in, otherwise your own credibility goes down the drain and people won't be as inclined to treat you nicely.   

It's not even clear cut that he has scammed you, fyi.  So take a step back, and examine all the rationale for your decision making at each stage of the process and see objectively (if possible) whether you actually have grounds to be peeved.

"

let him hold it at a lower price? i dont quite understand u there... he WAS supposed to pay me back d difference in 2 weeks time and d difference would be with d $2000 he paid n d highest bidder then.... and pls read d sms properly again... read carefully what he replied... do u think a person that says that he would pay me back only when he is happy and on his own terms, a person who ask me to shut up and stop my nonsense, a person who is asking me to pay twice as much as was originally agreed, a person who doesnt answer calls from me, is going to pay me back?!?!? i can only HOPE AND PRAY!!

Regular Forumer
85 posts

Singapore
Posted on: 28th Jul 2009 10:29 PM    Quote and Reply

Whining here can let of some steam, yes.

But do plan how to take actions against him or something, isn't that your friend's bike? What has he got to say?

If you think you're too 'young' to do shits about it, get some adult or whoever that can aid you in this incident. 

Life is like riding a bicycle.
To keep your balance you must keep moving

Albert Einstein
Regular Forumer
136 posts

Singapore
Posted on: 28th Jul 2009 10:36 PM    Quote and Reply

Quote:
"Formerly posted by Andy0912:

Whining here can let of some steam, yes.

But do plan how to take actions against him or something, isn't that your friend's bike? What has he got to say?

If you think you're too 'young' to do shits about it, get some adult or whoever that can aid you in this incident. 

"

yep i agree, all im doing here is like pissing in a pot..

actions? yeah if i see him i will punch n kick d f out of him.... maybe since he like d bike so much i will shove it up his... well u know...  n d most dissapointing thing was that i let my friend down... luckily he is a very reasonable n nice guy, he also made d decision with me to sell d bike to him as we all met together... does that make us both idiots? lol. well we're both in d shit hole so no point arguing or scolding each other...

and trying to find some adults but parents dont want to support us as they find this very childish... they feel that if they have given us d responsibility to sell our own stuff then if we step on shit dont find them... will be trying to call that bastar* every day until he pick up his bloody phone..... 

Regular Forumer
85 posts

Singapore
Posted on: 28th Jul 2009 10:38 PM    Quote and Reply

Sorry we can't do much here after reading all this...

I only wish you "Good Luck" & "All the best" in resolving this issue all by yourself...

Then again........

I always say "good luck" to teenage boys & girls who step into PLU cafe because they are curious and unsure of what they want in life...

Then when they decided to swing over to the other side after coming out from PLU cafe I always wish them "All the best" in their future endeavours...

So.... "Good Luck" & "All the best"!!!

Regular Forumer
3,280 posts

Singapore
Posted on: 28th Jul 2009 10:43 PM    Quote and Reply

Quote:
"Formerly posted by Maskrider:

I only wish you "Good Luck" & "All the best" in resolving this issue all by yourself...

Then again........

I always say "good luck" to teenage boys & girls who step into PLU cafe because they are curious and unsure of what they want in life...

Then when they decided to swing over to the other side after coming out from PLU cafe I always wish them "All the best" in their future endeavours...

"

lol... thanks! anyway read ur thing about how to deal with bike stealers... maybe can do d same here? i find it very appealing! 

Regular Forumer
85 posts

Singapore
Posted on: 28th Jul 2009 10:46 PM    Quote and Reply

Ok, since you're young and amit your "mistakes" for all these.  Perhaps you could leave us his contact no. and we can be an axxhole by calling him whenever we feel like it?  Since that fella is being childish by acting childish and saying childish stuff, we too can be childish to him?!

I ride before:
BeOne Carbon Hardtail
Merida XC
Boardman Team Carbon
Chumba EVO
Dahon Boardwalk modded to 10 speed

I am currently using:
Tonino Lamborgini Concetto 20 speed
Dahon Curve D7 modded to 10 speed
Ridley Fenix SL
Regular Forumer
37 posts
Forum Rep: 2

Singapore
Posted on: 28th Jul 2009 10:59 PM    Quote and Reply

Quote:
"Formerly posted by daryllow: Ok, since you're young and amit your "mistakes" for all these.  Perhaps you could leave us his contact no. and we can be an axxhole by calling him whenever we feel like it?  Since that fella is being childish by acting childish and saying childish stuff, we too can be childish to him?!"

ok. but im quite scared that he may realize that i started this and may not pay me back... now there is a slim chance, around 30%? but i think if i let go of his no, it will automatically go to 0%.... i will try calling him tmrw and speaking to him again, if he really is a bastard then i will release his no with much joy! so wait! anyway appreciate ur help in this matter... THANKS! 

Regular Forumer
85 posts

Singapore
Posted on: 28th Jul 2009 11:01 PM    Quote and Reply

Your seeking for the protocol to be administered is understood base on the current sentiment you are going thru.... but I must apologetically refuse to take up such a case as those protocols are cautiously designed for handling captured bike thieves... your case must be resolved on a one to one basis. Not a threesome, foursome as it would turn into a mass orgy if resolved wrongly... 

Quote:
"Formerly posted by crankiest:
Quote:
"Formerly posted by Maskrider:

Then again........

"

lol... thanks! anyway read ur thing about how to deal with bike stealers... maybe can do d same here? i find it very appealing! 

"

Regular Forumer
3,280 posts

Singapore
Login to see your Forum Rankings