Topic: If it seems too good to be true, it probably isn’t true.

Posted on: 3rd Jan 2021 5:10 AM    Quote and Reply

Why would anyone sell you a 6k bike for 1.2k especially when it is in pristine condition? Because, he is a scam. 

If a listing is too cheap to be real it probably isn't real, but ofc it doesn't hurt to check it out, just be extra wary and thorough about it. There's nothing wrong with asking what feels like too many questions and googling the listing and the images the seller is providing. Better safe than sorry. Anyways I was scouring for a new bike and came upon a listing of a canyon aeroad at 1.2k what a steal right? So I chatted up the seller on telegram and he seemed equal parts nice and sketchy so I googled his listing and found the same images he sent me on another listing on eBay which was weird because he claimed the bike was in sg, while the eBay listing said that the bike was in uk, so I chatted up the eBay seller who was real nice about it, and entertained my weird questions like "so is the bike in uk?"
to which he replied yes and told me the bike specs, further more his listing had more images which are clearer too then the one the scammer sent, which was how I was sure he is the real seller of the bike not to mention his reviews on eBay not some sketchy website that the scammer sent.

the scammer listing have over 500 saves so hopefully the mods take it down before anyone gets scammed. (Or anymore people get scammed, he is asking for a $300 deposit) and says that due to company policy we can't go down to view the bike before deposit is placed. 

Scammer link: https://www.togoparts.com/marketplace/ad-details/1054280/canyon-aeroad-cf-size-xs

Actual listing from which he sources his details and images: https://www.ebay.com.sg/itm/154257667025

Freshie Forumer
1 posts
Forum Rep: 0

Singapore
Posted on: 9th Jan 2021 6:42 PM    Quote and Reply

Seems like the person is also posting to sell cervelo R5 Disc with sram red etap at $3999

Freshie Forumer
1 posts
Forum Rep: 0

Singapore
Login to see your Forum Rankings