Thread is Sticky Topic: Pay pal scam or DHL

Posted on: 16th Sep 2020 2:43 PM    Quote and Reply

Yup lots of scammers lately seems togoparts infested with these losers. And yep do not click on any link like the one above. More police reports made will rid this scam epidemic. Yes, they are tracking

Freshie Forumer
1 posts
Forum Rep: 5

Singapore
Posted on: 6th Nov 2020 7:48 AM    Quote and Reply

wish i read this earlier...i just got scammed of $1290 by +61488892818. Wanted to buy my Brand new Canyon Pathlite 7.0, asked me to request payment from PAYPAL, then used the info PAYPAL sent him to generate an authentic looking note from PAYPAL, saying buyer sent bike+freight+taxes (to ship bike to Philippines), but money is on hold till i remit the freight+taxes to Philippines, then PAYPAL will release the money.....stupid i fell for it!!! Always click reply to suspect emails, the click the email address....it may show paypal, but once you click it it shows something totally different.

Freshie Forumer
2 posts
Forum Rep: 1

Singapore
Posted on: 6th Nov 2020 8:52 AM    Quote and Reply

Quote:
"Formerly posted by echoo: wish i read this earlier...i just got scammed of $1290 by +61488892818. Wanted to buy my Brand new Canyon Pathlite 7.0, asked me to request payment from PAYPAL, then used the info PAYPAL sent him to generate an authentic looking note from PAYPAL, saying buyer sent bike+freight+taxes (to ship bike to Philippines), but money is on hold till i remit the freight+taxes to Philippines, then PAYPAL will release the money.....stupid i fell for it!!! Always click reply to suspect emails, the click the email address....it may show paypal, but once you click it it shows something totally different."

So sorry to hear, that is a lot of money already.

Reminder to all the buyers to not do initial transfers/deposit via Paypal or Bank Transfers if you do not fully know the users you are in conversation with. These scammers will always try to reason out that they would need to receive the deposits first and usually refuses upfront payment during meetups or cash on deliveries. 

We are also removing these people from the marketplace as much as we could track and spot. Encourage everyone to flag the accounts if you encounter them. Thank you! 

Regular Forumer
437 posts
Forum Rep: 50

Togoparts Team Member

Riding:
1) Test
Posted on: 7th Nov 2020 9:51 AM    Quote and Reply

Thanks...yes $1290 is a lot of money but at least i still have that bike at home, though now i have to relist again ! Beware of numbers begining with +61.....seems this guy has tried to scam before on this platform and i wish i read the earlier threads. his whatsapp profile is a little girl so i assumed was his daughter and seems like a decent person. 

Freshie Forumer
2 posts
Forum Rep: 1

Singapore
Login to see your Forum Rankings