Topic: Tern link A7 - Seeking advice newbie 1st time to buy foldie

Posted on: 14th Sep 2020 3:29 PM    Quote and Reply

Hi Guys,

I'm looking to buy an affordable folding bike since the doctor advised me to stop jogging due to "Plantar Fasciitis" and do cycling instead. I'll mostly be using it for light exercise & leisure twice a week.  I know nothing about a bicycle, and after reading a few posts I'm considering Dahon Vitesse/Tern D8/Java Aria to purchase from a local bicycle shop instead of online with a reason for after-sales support. However, most of the shops are currently OOS.

I just found one shop that still has a stock of Tern link A7, and  I would really appreciate it if you guys could advise me or share the experience with this bike.

I'm also open to any other advice for folding bike with the following requirement:

- 20", 7 speed or more and light/not too heavy

- Easy to fold and push around as I won't be able to cycle all the way for long-distance and might need to take bus/MRT in between.

- Budget up to $1K

Thank you.
Freshie Forumer
2 posts
Forum Rep: 0

Singapore
Posted on: 15th Sep 2020 10:44 AM    Quote and Reply

can also consider a crius, fnhon or travelo, these fit your budget and criteria. they are about 10kg. 

Freshie Forumer
7 posts
Forum Rep: 1

Singapore
Riding:
Posted on: 15th Sep 2020 10:50 AM    Quote and Reply

Quote:
"Formerly posted by ImGabC: can also consider a crius, fnhon or travelo, these fit your budget and criteria. they are about 10kg. "

Thank you 😊 Will put in my list.

Freshie Forumer
2 posts
Forum Rep: 0

Singapore
Login to see your Forum Rankings