Topic: Bike Rentals

Posted on: 15th Jan 2013 3:29 PM    Quote and Reply

Hi, we are joining the Singapore Cyclefest next month but we are one bicycle short of our whole family joining. I can't buy one as there are space (as well as cost!) considerations, so I wanted to find out if there are any bicycle shops that will rent a good bike for the weekend. 

Do let me know, thanks!

Chrys 
Freshie Forumer
1 posts
Forum Rep: 0

Singapore
Posted on: 15th Jan 2013 4:25 PM    Quote and Reply

I believe most/all bike rental koisks do offer such service. Can contact them for details

Regular Forumer
6,196 posts
Forum Rep: 44

Singapore
Posted on: 15th Jan 2013 5:42 PM    Quote and Reply

Google `Druthers Bicycle Rental Spore`.  They have folding road bikes.

Regular Forumer
197 posts

Singapore
Posted on: 15th Jan 2013 9:06 PM    Quote and Reply

I remember at pasir park there is a bike rental shop thats rent at a low price . Maybe u can check it out 

Regular Forumer
48 posts

Singapore
Posted on: 24th Jan 2013 9:59 PM    Quote and Reply

hi all,

Anybody knows the contact number for Kit Runners, the bikes renting shop at East Coast Park? What time they open during weekends? 

Thanks!  

Freshie Forumer
1 posts

Singapore
Posted on: 7th Feb 2013 10:04 AM    Quote and Reply

-1 for kid runner at ECP.

i went there 2-3weeks ago to view their bicycles and probably make reservations for OCBC Cycle 2013 but the experiance turn out to be v bad. the bikes are priced across a wide range and its obvious that the average or lower priced bikes are totallly unsafe for use. they were rusty and look totally worned. the decent looking range of bikes are those priced at $15/hr and above. IMO, those lower priced bikes shldnt be made available for rental at all. it compromise safety of cyclist.

anyway,  just my 2ct. i ended up renting from S-Lite Event bicycle. i went to their store to view the bikes and they are decent looking and definately "newer". ordered bikes with them for OCBC Cycle 2013 and lets hope it turns out to be a good race. pictures of their bikes are online. do a search on S-Lite.

Freshie Forumer
4 posts

Singapore
Posted on: 19th Feb 2013 8:37 PM    Quote and Reply

Be careful when u r renting bikes from ecp bike shops. some bikes there are very low quality and not maintained properly. Make sure to check the bike's condition before renting. i once saw a rented bike with a rusty and bent chain ring!!!

Theres a rental bike shop that opened not very long ago near the fairprice finest/popular/underpass there. There bikes seems to be in a better condition.

Cheers and Ride safe

Freshie Forumer
2 posts

Singapore
Freshie Forumer
5 posts

Singapore
Login to see your Forum Rankings