Unquestionably one of the finest producers of quality components for the discerning cyclist, Extralite is the go-to company for gram conscious builds. Responsible for some of the absolute lightest hubs available, Extralite is a company constantly pushing the envelope for what may be possible.
The insanely light CyberRear SPD-2 tips the scale at a mere 146 grams, making it perhaps the lightest disc road hub available to date. Utilizing a multi shaped 17 mm wide axle, the CyberRear SPD-2 proves to not only be an incredibly handsome hub, but also a surprisingly stiff one. In an effort to shave as many grams as possible, while still creating a reliable road hub platform, Extralite chose to use a specially crafted 2 pawl road specific freehub body, mated to an oversized titanium ratchet ring. Doing away with the temperamental freehub bushing, Extralite has added a fourth bearing to the freehub body, making it not only more durable, but additionally much more smooth. As compared to the previous model, the SPD-2 has a better optimized axle construction which is 10% stiffer, QR & 12mm thru axle compatibility and more equalized spoke camber on each side.
Extralite products are 100% designed and manufactured in Italy.
• Weight: 146g
• Drilling: 24H
• Material: special AL7075TX & Grade5 Titanium
• Bearings: ABEC5 cartridges 1x6903-2RS 3x6803-2RS
• Width: 135mm Quick Release and 142mm x 12mm Thru Axle
• Compatibility: Shimano-Sram 8/9/10/11S*, Campagnolo 9/10/11s, SRAM XD Drive
• Axle construction: multishaped 17mm, milled to micro tolerances
• Body construction: 3D multiaxial machining all in 1 stage
• Finishing: black anodized body, "hart-coated" axle-ends
• Micro-tuner: the quickest bearing preload system
• Freewheel: Hyper engineered 2pawls OR-Drive