Tour de Bintan 2017
MALCOML GOH | 20th January 2017 | NEWS
Tour de Bintan registrations are closing soon! Back for the 7th year, the Tour de Bintan is an established cycling event in Southeast Asia. New for this year is a 55km Gran Fondo Discovery, the perfect Sunday ride, far from Singapore’s hustle and bustle taking place on 5th March.
Accessible with hassle-free bike logistics, Bintan is just 50 minutes by ferry from Singapore, and the new 55km is the ideal weekend ride getaway for weekend warriors.
Well-known for its scenic views, Tour de Bintan offers a spectacular cycling course, with smooth and undulating roads with very little traffic through the countryside. The rides treats the participants with a picturesque ride on the island, including the spectacular view of the Lagoi reservoir, past dense lush green forests and cheerful villagers – coffee and cake, making it an amazing ride for cyclists looking for a change of scenery.
The organisers have put together a Day Trip package as well as Spectator package to bring your family and loved ones to cheer you on, and have a great time in Bintan. Sunday lunch is offered for Sunday cyclists.
The serious competitive cyclists should be pleased to know that Tour de Bintan has been awarded the UCI label where the 17km Individual Time Trial on 3 March and the 140km Gran Fondo Classic on 4 March are now qualifiers for the Gran Fondo World Series (GFWS) Championships. The first 25% of each age category automatically qualifies for the 2017 World Championship event.
Craving for a picturesque ride over the weekend? Slots are running out, sign up now before the fees increase after 6 Feb!
Other ride options:
Race options perfect for weekend riders and for cyclists of all levels:
Leave Singapore early morning and be back in the afternoon- Includes post-race lunch
• Saturday, 4 March – 82km Gran Fondo Challenge
• Sunday, 5 March – 55km Gran Fondo Discovery
Race options for more competitive cyclists
• Friday, 3 March – 17km Individual Time Trial**
• Saturday, 4 March – 140km Gran Fondo Classic**
• Sat-Sun, 4-5 March – 247km Gran Fondo Double Package (140km + 107km, over 2 days)
• Fri-Sun, 3-5 March – 264km Tour de Bintan Package (17km+ 140km+ 107km over 3 days)
**Qualifier race for the UCI Gran Fondo World Championship
Day trip Package includes:
• Return Ferry Ticket
• Ferry Bike Slot
• Pick-up from the ferry terminal in Bintan and transfer to the race venue (for cyclists and bikes)
• Return transfer to the ferry terminal
• Post-race lunch
• Post-race shower facilities at Nirwana Gardens