Loading

Topic: Rant about bike shop bashing and online information.

Posted on: 25th Feb 2013 1:48 PM    Quote and Reply


Quote:
"Formerly posted by togoluc:
I had almost the same double standard treament at Rodalink.

Was at Jurong East branch and browsing water bottles beside the counter. One Ang Mo made purchase and mentioned he did not had his membership card with him. The malay salesman said " Its alright Sir, you dont need it". (I remember those were the exact words)

After I had choosen the bottle and went for paymet. I said I did not have the membership card with me. The salesman replied : "I'm sorry Sir, we will need your card for the discount (can't remember exact word). I was like WTF?? Ang Mo "tua ki" (big weewee)? Trying to be double standard here this salesman. I keep my cool and asked if he could use my IC number instead. Reluctantly he did.

I am  damn disappointed with Rodalink now, all because of such service from your staff. Now I make my purchases online from ChainReactionCycles.com!"


Maybe that angmo fella go there very often until they recognized him?


Lor Sor Forumer
821 posts
Forum Rep: 3

Singapore
Riding:
Posted on: 25th Feb 2013 6:14 PM    Quote and Reply


i had a bike not bought from Rodalink .... brought it there to do some work (I was willing to pay) thought I could save a long drive from Bukit Merah to Katong to switch out some brake and shifter cable housing

Response:  "Sorry we have no mechanic at the store" when I saw the mechanic in work area doing some work

Come on Rodalink, IF you do NOT service bikes NOT bought from your store(s) its OK .... just STATE THE POLICY  ... its fair and acceptable  .... but dont give me the BS that you have no mechanic on premise when there is.  It gave me a really 'you're not welcome here' feeling

Referring to the branch next to Commonwealth MRT station

Regular Forumer
284 posts
Forum Rep: 8

Singapore
Posted on: 25th Feb 2013 8:03 PM    Quote and Reply


I, too once brought my frst road bike NOT from Rodalink and i wanted to change my tyres and wheels of my own as i dont have the tools, i gave them a call but they "rejected" me by telling me to look for other lbs.
I agree, they should write in their policy that ONLY BIKES BOUGHT From their store can be serviced. 
I thought i would get some bikes from their store one day when i upgrade but after this unwelcome feeling,
I am pretty sure i wont.
 

Freshie Forumer
4 posts
Forum Rep: 0

Singapore
Posted on: 25th Feb 2013 8:33 PM    Quote and Reply


A bike shop I came across charged $25 for tuning back brakes. Is this the normal rate? 


I'm just here to tone my belly
Regular Forumer
741 posts
Forum Rep: 2

Singapore
Riding:
Posted on: 25th Feb 2013 8:36 PM    Quote and Reply


Quote:
"Formerly posted by Stiffler: A bike shop I came across charged $25 for tuning back brakes. Is this the normal rate? "


What type of brakes?
Vees or Disc? Mech or Hydraulic? 

Regular Forumer
166 posts
Forum Rep: 0

Singapore
Riding:
Posted on: 25th Feb 2013 8:50 PM    Quote and Reply


Quote:
"Formerly posted by SIM37:
Quote:
"Formerly posted by togoluc:
I had almost the same double standard treament at Rodalink.

Was at Jurong East branch and browsing water bottles beside the counter. One Ang Mo made purchase and mentioned he did not had his membership card with him. The malay salesman said " Its alright Sir, you dont need it". (I remember those were the exact words)

After I had choosen the bottle and went for paymet. I said I did not have the membership card with me. The salesman replied : "I'm sorry Sir, we will need your card for the discount (can't remember exact word). I was like WTF?? Ang Mo "tua ki" (big weewee)? Trying to be double standard here this salesman. I keep my cool and asked if he could use my IC number instead. Reluctantly he did.

I am  damn disappointed with Rodalink now, all because of such service from your staff. Now I make my purchases online from ChainReactionCycles.com!"


Maybe that angmo fella go there very often until they recognized him?"

+1. Ever happen even a couple of banks do not require my identification after a few visits.

Regular Forumer
6,196 posts
Forum Rep: 44

Singapore
Posted on: 25th Feb 2013 11:21 PM    Quote and Reply


Quote:
"Formerly posted by Hack:
Quote:
"Formerly posted by Stiffler: A bike shop I came across charged $25 for tuning back brakes. Is this the normal rate? "


What type of brakes?
Vees or Disc? Mech or Hydraulic? "


Mechanicals. It wasn't mine. For bleeding, I find $15 per side reasonable, considering the price of Shimano oil.   


I'm just here to tone my belly
Regular Forumer
741 posts
Forum Rep: 2

Singapore
Riding:
Posted on: 25th Feb 2013 11:50 PM    Quote and Reply


Try out Rodalink - East Coast branch. Very helpful and friendly service. Compared to all the other branches, I find them to be best. Have helped with bikes/ parts which I didn't purchase from them. 

Regular Forumer
81 posts
Forum Rep: 1

Singapore
Riding:
Posted on: 26th Feb 2013 10:51 AM    Quote and Reply


Quote:
"Formerly posted by Stiffler:
Quote:
"Formerly posted by Hack:
Quote:
"Formerly posted by Stiffler: A bike shop I came across charged $25 for tuning back brakes. Is this the normal rate? "


What type of brakes?
Vees or Disc? Mech or Hydraulic? "


Mechanicals. It wasn't mine. For bleeding, I find $15 per side reasonable, considering the price of Shimano oil.   "


For tuning of mech disc, a lbs near by place is charging $5 only.
$25 definitely way overpriced. 

Regular Forumer
166 posts
Forum Rep: 0

Singapore
Riding:
Posted on: 25th Mar 2013 7:37 PM    Quote and Reply


Chapter 2 Cycles sucks now, those young fellas now running the shop really need to learn the ropes and improve their customer service.

Went to check out some helmets at their small separate shop, which was locked. I gestured to a fella at the main shop, he called out to someone, and then walked away.

The guy who was called upon to open the small shop, gave me the F*** O** attitude the entire time I was inside. He just stood at the half opened door, waiting impatiently for me to finish my 'business'.

I asked for the price for a model, and he just stood there, I had to bring it to him to show him.
And the tone and the way he gave me a reply, was curt.

What crappy attitude!
I miss the 2 senior guys who used to run C2C, now they were impressive.

These new gen guys, cannot make it.


Regular Forumer
67 posts
Forum Rep: 0

Singapore
Riding:
Login to see your Forum Rankings