Topic: Vintage Bicycle Group?

Posted on: 15th Dec 2009 10:12 PM    Quote and Reply

so long as it looks the part i think its alright isn't it? haha..

i also have a rear rack as front rack...

Regular Forumer
197 posts
Forum Rep: 0

Singapore
Posted on: 16th Dec 2009 8:54 AM    Quote and Reply

chusan,
nice cruiser you got there! Using coaster brake? BTW, where can I find those handle bars of yours? I also have a cruiser but using Raleigh handle bars aka Ah Pek handle bar....keke..
To fudge: you got sharp eyes!! haha...veri difficult to get an original front rack from that period. Guess not in the fancy back then, especially Asia. You can see alot of these racks in UK. Maybe I should visit auction site to get it.

"Ride Safe, Ride Smart"
Regular Forumer
224 posts

Singapore
Riding:
1) flag
Posted on: 16th Dec 2009 2:41 PM    Quote and Reply

i think Blackburn made front racks that are suitable, else can hunt around Nashbar or other US online shops
http://www.nashbar.com/bikes//Product_10053_10052_167593_-1___

woops this one won't work as your coaster bike doesn't have the bosses in front.

I <3 Coffee!

Regular Forumer
2,412 posts
Forum Rep: 1

Philippines
Riding:
Posted on: 16th Dec 2009 4:40 PM    Quote and Reply

Just got a new accessory for my 'girl'. A vintage 'spinning' brass bell! Luv the sound it produces.
I have been searching across straits, oceans and seas for this bell and finally found it right at my 'door-step'. Met a fellow collector and decided to part with it as he can see I'm sincere and down right desperate to have it! haha....Anyone has any information regarding it's manufacturer/history? Anyone else owns one? Pls share....thanks.

"Ride Safe, Ride Smart"
Regular Forumer
224 posts

Singapore
Riding:
1) flag
Posted on: 16th Dec 2009 11:17 PM    Quote and Reply

Quote:
"Formerly posted by 12inchtoys: chusan,
nice cruiser you got there! Using coaster brake? BTW, where can I find those handle bars of yours? I also have a cruiser but using Raleigh handle bars aka Ah Pek handle bar....keke..
To fudge: you got sharp eyes!! haha...veri difficult to get an original front rack from that period. Guess not in the fancy back then, especially Asia. You can see alot of these racks in UK. Maybe I should visit auction site to get it."

actually its the original bars that came with the bike (see above) i just chopped it down a bit since i dun have to deal with brake levers... haha

i'm actually looking for ah pek ones to put on this bike... know where i can buy one for cheap?

Regular Forumer
197 posts

Singapore
Posted on: 17th Dec 2009 10:54 AM    Quote and Reply

white sidewall tires looks so fashionista

I <3 Coffee!

Regular Forumer
2,412 posts
Forum Rep: 1

Philippines
Riding:
Posted on: 17th Dec 2009 1:31 PM    Quote and Reply

Are you refering to this type of handle bars?? :P

"Ride Safe, Ride Smart"
Regular Forumer
224 posts

Singapore
Riding:
1) flag
Posted on: 17th Dec 2009 7:29 PM    Quote and Reply

like the one at the bottom

more like these... where the grips are parallel to the frame.. make sense?

Regular Forumer
197 posts

Singapore
Posted on: 17th Dec 2009 7:31 PM    Quote and Reply

Quote:
"Formerly posted by Fudge: white sidewall tires looks so fashionista"

haha... never thought of them that way..

Regular Forumer
197 posts

Singapore
Posted on: 17th Dec 2009 8:22 PM    Quote and Reply

The last one...I have seen it before. Let me go up North and confirm....but what's the price you're looking? PM me your intended buying price and I see whether it's worth going all the way in to get it. Cheers.

"Ride Safe, Ride Smart"
Regular Forumer
224 posts

Singapore
Riding:
1) flag
Login to see your Forum Rankings