Topic: Rant about bike shop bashing and online information.

Posted on: 16th Mar 2012 1:10 AM    Quote and Reply

I think the next time shopkeepers give me attitude, I'll purposely ask for the most expensive bike in their shop, tell them i want it and take out my credit card. Once they happy smiling and ready to write the invoice, ask them for a colour that they don't have (pink would be easy), which of course they don't have, and then see their sian face as you walk away, knowing that they just lost a customer with $$$...

Regular Forumer
20 posts
Forum Rep: 0

Singapore
Posted on: 16th Mar 2012 1:21 AM    Quote and Reply

Quote:
"Formerly posted by fncf: Some bike shops have really bad customer service & sales attitude. I really wish I could stick a fork up some of their a**** sometimes. When my friend & I were shopping for my roadie, we visited many bike shops across the island. There was one particular bikeshop, which I will not name in public here, compared a bike which I shortlisted as a possible buy within my budget range like a Korean-made car, while his bikes are Japanese-made car (it's an American brand actually).

That was sufficient to turn us off. We will never go back to that shop to buy anything from that shop. Yes I had a fairly low budget which I strongly adhered to & surely I was looking for something which was worth every single cent of my money. But to insult the bike that I shortlisted was to insult me. As a very technical person, I always do my homework at home after visiting each bikeshops.

There are also some bike shops which really jack up the prices of their stuffs too high. I know some cyclist have bottomless pockets, but not all of us have. So there are some shops which I will always stay clear off no matter how much people say good they are."

Recently I went to Entro & SW.. Entro in particularly I give them 5 stars for their service, even though in the end I didn't get antyhing from them, I'm quite happy that Junaidi(A staff there) explained quite alot of things to me. 

Regular Forumer
111 posts

Singapore
Riding:
Posted on: 16th Mar 2012 11:12 AM    Quote and Reply

WEnt to this LBS, when I enter, the staff saw me but pretend as if he did not  see me..
A few minutes later an angmo came in. Staff to the angmo"good afternoon sir, how can I help"  WTF
C'est La vie

Regular Forumer
111 posts
Forum Rep: 8

Singapore
Posted on: 13th May 2012 1:59 AM    Quote and Reply

Our LBS has no standard.
Hope they raise their standards, it's so low now so it should be quite easy to bring themselves up to speed.
Maybe we should bash them in a constructive manner, to encourage them to improve by lowering their sales.
Boycotting shops will be a good way to start.

As to the fine line between LBS and customers needing each other, I agree.
And we the customers pay for the LBS to exist and nowadays they are doing very well.

I am really not keen in feeding these jokers for them to show a superior and unbearable attitude to any customer!

Regular Forumer
11 posts

Singapore
Posted on: 20th Sep 2012 2:16 PM    Quote and Reply

Expensive stuff may not be "Good" but cheap stuff confirm "No Good"

Freshie Forumer
4 posts

Singapore
Posted on: 21st Sep 2012 3:21 PM    Quote and Reply

Hello guys, what’s going on?  LBS  is now out the standard! oh
i agre with you boycotting is good start.......  i just went 4 months ago to this shop and their behavbior is just disgusting

thank you!
Freshie Forumer
5 posts

American Samoa
Posted on: 21st Sep 2012 7:05 PM    Quote and Reply

Quote:
"Formerly posted by ECLW: Our LBS has no standard. Hope they raise their standards, it's so low now so it should be quite easy to bring themselves up to speed. Maybe we should bash them in a constructive manner, to encourage them to improve by lowering their sales. Boycotting shops will be a good way to start. As to the fine line between LBS and customers needing each other, I agree. And we the customers pay for the LBS to exist and nowadays they are doing very well. I am really not keen in feeding these jokers for them to show a superior and unbearable attitude to any customer!"

Can know which are the ones giving you such dis-satisfaction?

Regular Forumer
6,197 posts
Forum Rep: 44

Singapore
Posted on: 21st Sep 2012 7:12 PM    Quote and Reply

Quote:
"Formerly posted by tfsito:

Expensive stuff may not be "Good" but cheap stuff confirm "No Good" "

So sorry to hear that

Regular Forumer
6,197 posts

Singapore
Posted on: 21st Sep 2012 7:13 PM    Quote and Reply

Quote:
"Formerly posted by marry: Hello guys, what’s going on?  LBS  is now out the standard! oh
i agre with you boycotting is good start.......  i just went 4 months ago to this shop and their behavbior is just disgusting "

Can know which one?

Regular Forumer
6,197 posts

Singapore
Posted on: 21st Sep 2012 7:19 PM    Quote and Reply

So far so good, beeing patronising a LBS that others commented to be expensive charges... He charge me cheap and got cheap almost new components for me. This one lacks the variety I need, so it is compromising on charges/prices when I patronise it.
PRO BIKE may be another one to look at for services.

Regular Forumer
6,197 posts

Singapore
Login to see your Forum Rankings