Topic: Tonino Lamborghini folding bike (18speed)

Posted on: 7th Jun 2016 11:50 AM    Quote and Reply

Hi Audrey, it is possible for the lambo to be racked and packed; only some might find that its not good and the sort of reasons they gave or even without giving. Perhaps just becoz it is not a well known brand (some big brands have flaws and being recalled btw...).  Heard a few users commented on the jointing not good so on and so forth but I have mine 1st gen lambo concetto still going strong for 2 years plus for now.  This bike is capable of taking roadie parts without the need to find special connectors. nuts or screws just to make it good.  The stock parts are good enough but I modded mine for speed...

I do own a Dahon too; a much relaxed position as compared to lambo and it does need a stem extender for me to reach a little further away from my body due to my needs.

Overall, I spent less than 2K to mod my Lambo to a dropbar, 2 x 10 ultegra with controltech 451 alloy wheelset.  Love it.

I ride before:
BeOne Carbon Hardtail
Merida XC
Boardman Team Carbon
Chumba EVO
Dahon Boardwalk modded to 10 speed

I am currently using:
Tonino Lamborgini Concetto 20 speed
Dahon Curve D7 modded to 10 speed
Ridley Fenix SL
Regular Forumer
37 posts
Forum Rep: 2

Singapore
Posted on: 7th Jun 2016 11:50 AM    Quote and Reply

Plus choice of gears to use. climbs or flats?

Regular Forumer
1,341 posts
Forum Rep: 17

Singapore
Riding:
Posted on: 7th Jun 2016 2:01 PM    Quote and Reply

Quote:
"Formerly posted by kona-bros:
Quote:
"Formerly posted by audreyviviana: hi all - wanted to ask if anybody racked up your tonino lambo and brought it out for touring yet?
i am at a cross road between this foldie and the dahon formula s18 for touring trips ..."

Be sure u got your correct spare tubes for the bike, avoid carbon parts for tours, know basic roadside repairs at least. And proceed for tour....."

Yes i do agree - i will probably not zhng the bike (be it the lambo or formula s) and will also bring along the usual repair kit and extra tubes ... thank you for the advice ... regarding the gearing i cannot predict if will have climbs or not, but i think we will plan the trip for more flats than climbs hahaha ...

Should the need to climb arise, just push bike, pia, or hitch a ride... Kekekeke

Freshie Forumer
8 posts
Forum Rep: 0

Singapore
Posted on: 7th Jun 2016 2:04 PM    Quote and Reply

Quote:
"Formerly posted by daryllow: Hi Audrey, it is possible for the lambo to be racked and packed; only some might find that its not good and the sort of reasons they gave or even without giving. Perhaps just becoz it is not a well known brand (some big brands have flaws and being recalled btw...).  Heard a few users commented on the jointing not good so on and so forth but I have mine 1st gen lambo concetto still going strong for 2 years plus for now.  This bike is capable of taking roadie parts without the need to find special connectors. nuts or screws just to make it good.  The stock parts are good enough but I modded mine for speed...

I do own a Dahon too; a much relaxed position as compared to lambo and it does need a stem extender for me to reach a little further away from my body due to my needs.

Overall, I spent less than 2K to mod my Lambo to a dropbar, 2 x 10 ultegra with controltech 451 alloy wheelset.  Love it."

Thank you! Very much appreciate your detailed sharing on your love for the bike ... Did you get it at GP like most others too? I really don't plan to upgrade anything ... Just want a nice comfortable ride to be honest ... At the moment, I am cycling the hipster-ish tokyobike CS (modded for the handlebars and seatpost) and it is very suited to my comfort level ... so i thought to get a foldie that can meet that for the touring ...

Freshie Forumer
8 posts

Singapore
Posted on: 7th Jun 2016 3:00 PM    Quote and Reply

Quote:
"Formerly posted by audreyviviana:
Quote:
"Formerly posted by kona-bros:
Quote:
"Formerly posted by audreyviviana: hi all - wanted to ask if anybody racked up your tonino lambo and brought it out for touring yet?
i am at a cross road between this foldie and the dahon formula s18 for touring trips ..."

Be sure u got your correct spare tubes for the bike, avoid carbon parts for tours, know basic roadside repairs at least. And proceed for tour....."

Yes i do agree - i will probably not zhng the bike (be it the lambo or formula s) and will also bring along the usual repair kit and extra tubes ... thank you for the advice ... regarding the gearing i cannot predict if will have climbs or not, but i think we will plan the trip for more flats than climbs hahaha ...

Should the need to climb arise, just push bike, pia, or hitch a ride... Kekekeke"

As noticing the trend here recently a number of foldy riders doing their tours with folding bike with panniers on. And fly to various countries to tour about. Just train up & conditioned before any tour occurs. Dunno when there is any bike trend shifting towards to which direction in future. Good luck!

Regular Forumer
1,341 posts
Forum Rep: 17

Singapore
Riding:
Posted on: 8th Jun 2016 6:16 PM    Quote and Reply

A folding bike will still be a folding bike. With all the panniers on, overcoming road bumps etc is a matter of bike control trying not to put too much stress on the joints. Like the photo above, the rider is ready to make a Desaru trip. Pardon the post hijack.

Regular Forumer
188 posts
Forum Rep: 30

Singapore
Riding:
Posted on: 9th Jun 2016 3:25 PM    Quote and Reply

The travelo!

Yes i have seen this set up on Facebook - are you the one that shared the photo with me?
The travelo specs are OK for simple rider like me, and I should plan to go down to test the bike ...

Freshie Forumer
8 posts

Singapore
Posted on: 10th Jul 2016 1:08 AM    Quote and Reply

Hi All

Need some advice.
Was looking to replace my stock handlebar/shifter/brakes into a bullhorn + brifters.
Was wondering if a microshift SB-R492 would work or do i have to change the rest of my stock parts as well? Bullhorn-wise would a normal cheap one suffice?

http://www.ebay.com.sg/itm/MICROSHIFT-Road-Bike-Shifters-For-Shimano-2x9s-/360970786816?hash=item540b891800:g:yccAAOSwRQlXgDMz

Freshie Forumer
1 posts

Singapore
Posted on: 10th Jul 2016 12:31 PM    Quote and Reply

No, u still need to get a stem to fit the 31.8mm diameter  bull horn bars, if u are able to get 1 with 25.8 diamerer, then no need.
yes, those shifters would suffice. dont forget to add in bar tape cost too

here is an example taken from their GP bikes web page, u can use it as a guide

http://gpbikes199.blogspot.sg/2013/09/lamborghini-modification.html

Regular Forumer
871 posts
Forum Rep: 102

Singapore
Riding:
Posted on: 21st Jul 2016 10:28 AM    Quote and Reply

hi

considerin upgradin the wheelset from the stock 451s. any one knows the weight of the stock rims? is it joytech?

comparin between decaf - wheelsport - controltech

ive been googlin to read up on these performances and weight diff but unable to find any good source.

preferably lightweight and silent and of course a boost from the stock rims.

any recommended shops to do the upgrade? haven been to scootz amk. GP seems to cost more on their installation charges. might consider L&T cycle since  its closer to my place.

any one can help to advice?

Regular Forumer
16 posts
Forum Rep: 3

Singapore
Login to see your Forum Rankings