Topic: Tonino Lamborghini folding bike (18speed)

Posted on: 6th May 2015 6:49 PM    Quote and Reply

the lambo uses the standard bsa threading bb shell.

the bb used must be compatible with the crankset.

the crankset - the very popular fsa gossamer is typically a bb30 crank, unless they use the fsa mega exo version.

which means if your crank is a bb30 crank, sorry no go

if its the megaexo version, you use the fsa megaexo bb. that is if i recall correctly.

geddit?

so if I were you, go and find out what type of fsa gossamer crank it is, if its the bb30, sorry, you just have to sell it or find another use for it.

Regular Forumer
112 posts
Forum Rep: 11

Singapore
Posted on: 7th May 2015 10:54 AM    Quote and Reply

Quote:
"Formerly posted by joule: the lambo uses the standard bsa threading bb shell. the bb used must be compatible with the crankset. the crankset - the very popular fsa gossamer is typically a bb30 crank, unless they use the fsa mega exo version. which means if your crank is a bb30 crank, sorry no go if its the megaexo version, you use the fsa megaexo bb. that is if i recall correctly. geddit? so if I were you, go and find out what type of fsa gossamer crank it is, if its the bb30, sorry, you just have to sell it or find another use for it."

Ya. Mine is a bb30 crankset. Sian.. now have to hunt for it again.

Anyone have any idea if I just throw the bike to mbs to do all the upgrades. maybe just the dropbar and shifter. (Keep to the 9 speed) how we much will the damage be?  

Regular Forumer
15 posts
Forum Rep: 0

Singapore
Posted on: 7th May 2015 1:37 PM    Quote and Reply

MBS only services bikes sold by them.

So as for getting them to mod, FORGET ABOUT IT.

Try Scootz or L & T, they can do these kind of things. 

Regular Forumer
112 posts
Forum Rep: 11

Singapore
Posted on: 8th May 2015 2:51 PM    Quote and Reply

Yap, they only do dahon, tern, moulton, bickerton and tyrell . Also u have to buy the mods from them. Its differcult to one shot upgrade all , unless u wanna pay a really hefty price tag. Espically the gear set as almost all lbs always sell them in a set and always the latest 10 speed. If u wish to retain the 9 speed, its better u source each part individually and 1 short sent it to your lbs to install.
Dun get disheartened,  try to readup more on these on wiki or hang out often at lbs or groups.. u slowly learn.begining mistakes are normal. 

Regular Forumer
871 posts
Forum Rep: 102

Singapore
Riding:
Posted on: 22nd May 2015 2:02 AM    Quote and Reply

Sorry newbie here. May I know why only compare lambo to Java? Anyone can compare it to Tern X10? Tried my friend X10 and loving it but seem like lambo is much more affordable. Any senior here to share comparison between the 2?

Freshie Forumer
3 posts

Singapore
Posted on: 22nd May 2015 10:36 AM    Quote and Reply

because both are potenialy good bikes for newbies and at an affordable price of less than 1k with decent parts.

of course theres a diiference between X10 and lambo. 1 is a good brand and the either is unheard of with good parts, 1 is ex the other is reasonably price. 1 is 1X10 speed and the other is 2X9 speed..

u can actually view the specs on tern website and GP bikes facebook web page 

Regular Forumer
871 posts

Singapore
Riding:
Posted on: 22nd May 2015 11:30 AM    Quote and Reply

Quote:
"Formerly posted by albatross: because both are potenialy good bikes for newbies and at an affordable price of less than 1k with decent parts.

of course theres a diiference between X10 and lambo. 1 is a good brand and the either is unheard of with good parts, 1 is ex the other is reasonably price. 1 is 1X10 speed and the other is 2X9 speed..

u can actually view the specs on tern website and GP bikes facebook web page "

May I know what is 2x9 speed? I'm hoping to have the same ride feel of X10 but the price too steep. Will Lambo be better or equal to X10? Like the Lambo brand and shape.

Freshie Forumer
3 posts

Singapore
Posted on: 23rd May 2015 11:56 AM    Quote and Reply

2 speed on crank 9 speed on rear. speed vs climb...1x10 speed acceleration faster speed faster. 2x9 , can climb slopes easier...see your preference. no good no bad

Regular Forumer
871 posts

Singapore
Riding:
Posted on: 27th May 2015 4:19 PM    Quote and Reply

What is the front and rear hub size for Lambo? thanks.

Freshie Forumer
2 posts

Singapore
Posted on: 30th May 2015 10:10 AM    Quote and Reply

100mm & 135mm

Regular Forumer
33 posts

Singapore
Login to see your Forum Rankings