Topic: 1000 km Ride to Thailand

Posted on: 19th Oct 2010 1:06 PM    Quote and Reply

Quote:
"Formerly posted by fugipug:
Quote:
"Formerly posted by motomuppet: that sounds awesome! Please post pics and updates for those of us stuck in the office!"

My bikes are mine, not for public display. There is a section in Togoparts for people to post photos of their bike to show off to the world, go there to ogle.

There is this thing call privacy which is so lacking in people today, they publish their life in facebook and blogs without knowing the serious implications that cannot be erased.  Sheer foolishness !
"
Dude...this thread is not about you...I could not care less about your bikes...I am talking to the TS....its his thread...go ride one of your bikes;)

Regular Forumer
1,363 posts
Forum Rep: 12

Singapore
Posted on: 19th Oct 2010 1:12 PM    Quote and Reply

Quote:
"Formerly posted by Fudge: moto, you could rephrase it as 'please post pics of the trip (not the bicycles)...'"
haha...yeah my bad...

Regular Forumer
1,363 posts
Forum Rep: 12

Singapore
Posted on: 19th Oct 2010 1:55 PM    Quote and Reply

Hi TS may i know wthats your timing for your 2.4km run. i just need to gauge my stemina

Regular Forumer
10 posts
Forum Rep: 0

Singapore
Riding:
Posted on: 19th Oct 2010 2:00 PM    Quote and Reply

Quote:
"Formerly posted by motomuppet:
Quote:
"Formerly posted by Fudge: moto, you could rephrase it as 'please post pics of the trip (not the bicycles)...'"
haha...yeah my bad..."

yea, you just verbalised what i had in a thought bubble over the top of my head 're:who cares what bicycle he rides', but i do sense that just because people post in showrooms doesn't mean they are showing off. its interesting to see how others pick/setup their bikes, and see which parts work/gel looks great in any given combination

I <3 Coffee!

Regular Forumer
2,412 posts
Forum Rep: 1

Philippines
Riding:
Posted on: 20th Oct 2010 9:09 PM    Quote and Reply

Hey Guys,

thanks for the interest generated. I do realise 1000km in 10 days is a damn siong trip (on knobbies). We are still in the process of setting up the bike. I'm riding a bizango or anthem x if i can get a full sus pannier rack. Panniers are using Ortliebs; just 2 rear panniers as we intend to do hotels / guest house / resort / shelters rather than really rough it out, we do have a tent. 

UNICEF is UN - Children fund
UNIFEM is UN - Womens fund

We will create a blog and add in more infor as we move up and whenever there is a chance to upload photos (of the scenery and ppl we meet).

One this is for sure, IF we hit the thai border, we will definitely pose a "been here, done that" photo.

Regular Forumer
46 posts

Singapore
Posted on: 20th Oct 2010 10:52 PM    Quote and Reply

pls consider changing your tire up to the Schwalbe Marathon supreme, in 1.6  ' if u are going primarily on tarmac... that is if u want a less 'siong' trip. either that or Panaracer t-serv messengers

I <3 Coffee!

Regular Forumer
2,412 posts

Philippines
Riding:
Posted on: 22nd Oct 2010 9:09 PM    Quote and Reply

Thanks Fudge. Will consider that... progress right now, I've just added a pannier. It is not so easy installing a pannier to a disk bike. The selection of panniers is important. It is necessary to bring to a expert installer to reduce pain and time.

Regular Forumer
46 posts

Singapore
Posted on: 22nd Oct 2010 9:33 PM    Quote and Reply

what rear rack did u get? Topeak super tourist DX?

I <3 Coffee!

Regular Forumer
2,412 posts

Philippines
Riding:
Posted on: 22nd Oct 2010 10:16 PM    Quote and Reply

Yep. Topeak Super Tourist Deluxe DX disc mount. Ortlieb panniers. Sweet Steel bizango frame.

Regular Forumer
46 posts

Singapore
Posted on: 22nd Oct 2010 10:47 PM    Quote and Reply

what version of ortliebs? classic? that rack is a good choice (without the slide rail for the click-in system). what rims and hubs?

I <3 Coffee!

Regular Forumer
2,412 posts

Philippines
Riding:
Login to see your Forum Rankings