Topic: How Old are your Bicycles?

Posted on: 30th Apr 2016 10:47 AM    Quote and Reply

Quote:
"Formerly posted by worldsofmind: I was updaing my bicycle profiles in the "rides" section and I saw lotsa new pretty bikes as well as some more evergreen retro bikes.

Thus I am just wondering

1) What is the age of your bike that you are frequently and actively riding now?

2) What is the oldest age of your bike that you own now (may not ride it that frequent)?

"

1) Got 3 bicycles in action so far - kona cinder cone 2004(semi-retired), Bike Friday Companion 2011(active) & A Black 26'' Tour bike 2015(Tour active).

2) Kona cinder Cone 2004 till present 2016(from all rounder status to now specific status -makan ride, short tour ride/etc.

Regular Forumer
1,342 posts
Forum Rep: 17

Singapore
Riding:
Posted on: 1st Jun 2019 10:37 AM    Quote and Reply

Quote:
"Formerly posted by kona-bros:
Quote:
"Formerly posted by worldsofmind: I was updaing my bicycle profiles in the "rides" section and I saw lotsa new pretty bikes as well as some more evergreen retro bikes.

Thus I am just wondering

1) What is the age of your bike that you are frequently and actively riding now?

2) What is the oldest age of your bike that you own now (may not ride it that frequent)?

"

1) Got 3 bicycles in action so far - kona cinder cone 2004(semi-retired), Bike Friday Companion 2011(active) & A Black 26'' Tour bike 2015(Tour active).

2) Kona cinder Cone 2004 till present 2016(from all rounder status to now specific status -makan ride, short tour ride/etc."

updates - 2 additionals under my wings. Another brandless 26" tour bike 2016(active) and a bickerton portables pilot 2018(active).

Regular Forumer
1,342 posts
Forum Rep: 17

Singapore
Riding:
Posted on: 1st Jun 2019 3:38 PM    Quote and Reply

Quote:
"Formerly posted by noobscyclist:
Quote:
"Formerly posted by Zappadeedoohdah: LOL - I called in at an LBS on my Ultegrs 6703 road bike the other day and one of the staff commented that my drive train was out of date and that they were having an offer on Di2.

Not just bike shops Though I heard a sales guy at a very reputable electronics chain spinning a sucker that his new 60" TV absolutely needed a $75 gold plated HDMI cable to get the best quality 1080p picture. When I pointed out that it's a digital signal not some analog HIFI thing - it either works or it doesn't he wasn't very happy, but the sucker still bought the cable"

But than, if you are cycling in groups, sure bow down to peer pressure & poisoned.

face value/ appreance very important....example: underwear wear 10 years also never mind, but handphone must change every one to 2 years.  

:-) "
Usually there is some poisoning out of perception/ignorance. So lucky, not met any issue from others who collected more cycling podium medals, than my steel road bike. I do find the padded tighs more comfortable. But do not like the idea of clipless shoes/pedals (GCN said slowed the cyclist).

Regular Forumer
6,184 posts
Forum Rep: 42

Singapore
Posted on: 1st Jun 2019 4:07 PM    Quote and Reply

My backup bike is a 2005 Raleigh HT MTB ^^

Regular Forumer
181 posts
Forum Rep: 30

Singapore
Posted on: 1st Jun 2019 4:16 PM    Quote and Reply

Quote:
"Formerly posted by pinelights: My backup bike is a 2005 Raleigh HT MTB ^^"
Lucky guy, I only manage one vintage steel road bike.

Regular Forumer
6,184 posts

Singapore
Posted on: 1st Jun 2019 6:25 PM    Quote and Reply

1st bicycle I bought was a fake road bike made in China. Every week one crank loosen when I pedal out of the saddle. Gave away to my brother, who also gave away to his colleague. Bought my current (2nd) road bike from a self-introduced ex-Yeo Hiap Seng factory staff. He told me he got it through its D & D lucky draw. But no one in his family could cycle bicycle. He had kept it as sovenir, but going to shift house, so decided to sell it. Vintage steel road bike, but still adequate to make many aluminium/carbon road bikes look defectively heavy and fragile. This road bike should be more than 20 years old, and a collector told me he had a similar one in his Tibet monastry.

Regular Forumer
6,184 posts

Singapore
Posted on: 1st Jun 2019 6:48 PM    Quote and Reply

Quote:
"Formerly posted by rbc1891: 1st bicycle I bought was a fake road bike made in China. Every week one crank loosen when I pedal out of the saddle. Gave away to my brother, who also gave away to his colleague. Bought my current (2nd) road bike from a self-introduced ex-Yeo Hiap Seng factory staff. He told me he got it through its D & D lucky draw. But no one in his family could cycle bicycle. He had kept it as sovenir, but going to shift house, so decided to sell it. Vintage steel road bike, but still adequate to make many aluminium/carbon road bikes look defectively heavy and fragile. This road bike should be more than 20 years old, and a collector told me he had a similar one in his Tibet monastry."
Just saw literature this road bike built 1988 (31 years old now).

Regular Forumer
6,184 posts

Singapore
Posted on: 2nd Jun 2019 9:05 PM    Quote and Reply

My bike is 10 years old but have been modifying a lot and upgrading!

Regular Forumer
24 posts
Forum Rep: 2

Posted on: 2nd Jun 2019 9:18 PM    Quote and Reply

Quote:
"Formerly posted by Bluesky3000: My bike is 10 years old but have been modifying a lot and upgrading! :)"
Encountering problem getting 9 x 2 shifters for replacing my existing shifters.

Regular Forumer
6,184 posts

Singapore
Posted on: 22nd Jul 2019 3:26 PM    Quote and Reply

Current bike is and adventure bike which is 10 months old. Had a hybrid one from 2009 to 2016.

Regular Forumer
11 posts
Forum Rep: 0

Singapore
Login to see your Forum Rankings