Topic: Best wheel truing shop/mechanic? In need.

Posted on: 6th Feb 2013 12:23 PM    Quote and Reply

what's the quotation for truing?

Freshie Forumer
8 posts
Forum Rep: 1

Singapore
Posted on: 6th Feb 2013 12:41 PM    Quote and Reply

$5~$10 I would imagine

Regular Forumer
2,625 posts
Forum Rep: 234

Posted on: 6th Feb 2013 10:18 PM    Quote and Reply

for reassurance get an old uncle to build the wheel
its usually a 2hr job and you should at least sit through it and learn a thing or 2 about how your wheel is laced and tensioned .... fascinating 

Regular Forumer
284 posts
Forum Rep: 8

Singapore
Posted on: 3rd Jul 2013 6:17 PM    Quote and Reply

I provide wheel trueing at East side from $10 per wheel (island wide pick up and delivery $10) , this include radial , lateral and tension setting
there will be no express service as i am doing this as a passion with a token , wheel building service from $20 , normal stainless steel spokes $0.80 per pcs colour spokes $0.90 subjected to my supplier avaliabilty
Rebuilding wheel set mean if u want to change your hub of the same using old spokes and rim charges from $30 excluding nipple replacement Do contact me on whatsapp 97895334 Peter reply can be late at time as i work on shift

Certified DT swiss wheel builder & UBI certified whatsapp 97895334
https://www.facebook.com/wheelconcept/
Regular Forumer
238 posts
Forum Rep: 7

Singapore
Posted on: 8th Sep 2013 9:08 PM    Quote and Reply

Than you for your support , I have started a home base bicycle work shop for bike service
Labour @. $50 , island wide pick up  add $20 subjected to my time slots as doing this freelance
Include wheel trueing, F/R de cleaning service , BB/and head set repack grease , hub bearing greasing if needed
Parts where anti seize required like pedal axle to crank if needed ,chain check & rear cassette cleaning inspection
Whatsp me 97895334 Peter 

Regular Forumer
238 posts

Singapore
Posted on: 5th Oct 2013 7:26 PM    Quote and Reply

Hi, can anybody suggest me someone or a shop around east or central area for truing my Dura Ace wheelset? After came back from mount faber, one of spokes was very loose and the rim became extremely wobble right and left as well as up and downSome shops i went doesn't have the tools because the nipples are bigger than standard. Then the last shop i went can only do simple truing without tension setting. So the spoke is still very loose and the rim a bit wobble up and down (radial side) and slightly on the lateral side. Bought it second hand, but love it since used to be quite perfect. So i guess i need a good truing now
Thank you

Freshie Forumer
7 posts
Forum Rep: 0

Singapore
Posted on: 5th Oct 2013 8:27 PM    Quote and Reply

Quote:
"Formerly posted by photographer: Than you for your support , I have started a home base bicycle work shop for bike service
Labour @. $50 , island wide pick up  add $20 subjected to my time slots as doing this freelance
Include wheel trueing, F/R de cleaning service , BB/and head set repack grease , hub bearing greasing if needed
Parts where anti seize required like pedal axle to crank if needed ,chain check & rear cassette cleaning inspection
Whatsp me 97895334 Peter "
Should had read this article earlier. I just sent for the GXP BB to be re-greased. (GXP BB need to re-grease after about 100 hours usage).

Regular Forumer
6,195 posts
Forum Rep: 42

Singapore
Posted on: 5th Oct 2013 8:35 PM    Quote and Reply

Noted, will contact him. Thanks rbc1891!

Freshie Forumer
7 posts
Forum Rep: 0

Singapore
Posted on: 5th Oct 2013 11:04 PM    Quote and Reply

just a little info every new wheel set or custom build should go for at least one trueing as due to spokes stretch and embedded into hub become loose , so it should be tune up but i was putting advise on some FB cycling replied to me was it was not call for not until 2 yrs after his spokes break , wheel build should have use linseed oil or spoke preb , linseed oil will help to prevent spokes from winding up during building but will become gummy after a day or two that will create a temp bond and also prevent spokes coming loose , spokes breakage due to unequal tension just contributing some info
lately i have just come across a newly factory build wheel with unequal tension and seizure of 2 spokes
front 15 /20 spokes out of tension rear 18 /24 this pair of wheel just a couple of month old and free wheel almost dry up inside
do take not if getting a new pair of new wheel do check with shop if they provide first true setting and tension setting

http://wheelfanatyk.blogspot.sg/2009/06/wheel-building-tip-no-3-stop-spoke-wind.html

Regular Forumer
238 posts

Singapore
Posted on: 14th Nov 2015 2:24 AM    Quote and Reply

Hi all just to share my experience last 3 days i had a nightmare about my  carbon wheel. I  came to see one of the home based shop to check and he recomend my wheel to be trued so i left my bike to him. After a day i recieved a call from him and said that my spokes of my rare wheel are all loosen and canot be trued. So as i want to stock my wheel i told him to get remedy on it,. I waited and he told me to pick up the bike and just pay 20sgd for 2 wheels. I Surprised when i collected my bike suddenly left wheel touching now the  left chain stay. I asked him what happened he saod my wheel canot be trued but he sugest to bring to other shop hence he blaimed my spokes all loosen. I dont believed that my spokes are losen and canot be tightend coz before i came to see him i just rode my bike 78km and if spokes are loose my opinion shuold break the spokes. I dont have the choice not to pay him coz he spoil my stuff.
I visited togo and i found 1 guy  with his post in togo forum he is near to my block. I approched him and did not concluded to my problem and just ask me to bring to his house the wheel. I was surprized that my will spokes arw over tightened and almost going to break. Luckily he managed to save my wheel and ion the same day i get it bak to me and just payed 20 bucks. This guy is not making money for truing coz he have his work and truing to him is just a partime job. I highy recomend this guy just call 97895334 and he will attend to u very acomodating guyy! Tnx bro my wheel is safe !

Freshie Forumer
1 posts
Forum Rep: 1

Singapore
Login to see your Forum Rankings