Topic: PotHoles Alert /Caution.!

Posted on: 8th Dec 2012 8:50 AM    Quote and Reply

Hi all cyclists,

Just to kick start this thread to alert/caution riders where the road in local got potholes.

Ok, last nite cycled along the Loyang Ave towards CV got 2 potholes on left lane near to bus stop. Dun kena the holes, beware.

Just feel free to alert here in this thread. and ride safe.

Regular Forumer
1,342 posts
Forum Rep: 17

Singapore
Riding:
Posted on: 8th Dec 2012 9:11 AM    Quote and Reply

Quote:
"Formerly posted by kona-bros: Hi all cyclists,

Just to kick start this thread to alert/caution riders where the road in local got potholes.

Ok, last nite cycled along the Loyang Ave towards CV got 2 potholes on left lane near to bus stop. Dun kena the holes, beware.

Just feel free to alert here in this thread. and ride safe.

"

Do also mention near which lamppost(s), when reporting to the LTA for such repair. Many thanks.

Regular Forumer
6,183 posts
Forum Rep: 42

Singapore
Posted on: 8th Dec 2012 9:15 AM    Quote and Reply

It's important to look far when on road bike. I find a lot of bumpy roads especially near construction. Constructions make Singapore an ugly place.

Regular Forumer
1,348 posts
Forum Rep: 3

Singapore
Posted on: 8th Dec 2012 10:52 AM    Quote and Reply

Quote:
"Formerly posted by nolight:
It's important to look far when on road bike. I find a lot of bumpy roads especially near construction. Constructions make Singapore an ugly place."

I believe you meant the house-keeping at construction sites, not the construction of new buildings. 

Regular Forumer
6,183 posts

Singapore
Posted on: 8th Dec 2012 2:00 PM    Quote and Reply

Quote:
"Formerly posted by rbc1891:
Quote:
"Formerly posted by nolight:
It's important to look far when on road bike. I find a lot of bumpy roads especially near construction. Constructions make Singapore an ugly place."

I believe you meant the house-keeping at construction sites, not the construction of new buildings. "

Yes when completed, the buildings look nice. But during construction, the construction sites look horrible. A large portion of Singapore is in a perpetual state of in-progress construction, spoils the scenery.

And the temporary roads make cycling bumpy.

Regular Forumer
1,348 posts

Singapore
Posted on: 8th Dec 2012 5:24 PM    Quote and Reply

I got back a while ago from the saturday ride from Pasir Ris down to Bedok Reservoir and to  East Coast Park , lunch at Changi and Loyang back to Pasir Ris.

I still hope to see you guys on Sunday at RRR.

I was on the Tampenis Park Connector when that turned to the left  from Tampenis Ave to join to Reservoir Road.
(if guys on this ride know the exact location, join in here)

I did not realised the turning to the left consisted of 2 paths, next to each other and the other path about 3- 4 inches lower.  I was on the outer lower path and I saw that ending and I needed to get back to the inner path.  I thought the level was the same and visually , you cannot see the differences in height.

The wheel got caught and I spilled.  A bloody shock and I palmed the ground.  Luckily I was wearing my new gel padded gloves.  Skin on knee tore up.  A few minutes to realised that was about the worse of it all.

If you all cycle here, BEWARE.  This part is more dangerous than potholes as the approach is on part of a curve.  If anyone here know who to cow bear cow pu to, do that.  I was lucky.  The next one might not be so lucky.

My right hand wrist which palmed the ground now starting to swell up with about the strenght to touch type and to hold a cup of coffee.  I should still be at RRR unless the wrist swelled up even more.  Even so I still think I see you all Sunday at RRR.  

You do not mind if I do not shake your hands though.

Shanlung
山 龍
Mountain Dragon
http://shanlung.com
Regular Forumer
277 posts
Forum Rep: 9

Singapore
Posted on: 8th Dec 2012 7:43 PM    Quote and Reply

Quote:
"Formerly posted by shanlung: I got back a while ago from the saturday ride from Pasir Ris down to Bedok Reservoir and to  East Coast Park , lunch at Changi and Loyang back to Pasir Ris.

I still hope to see you guys on Sunday at RRR.

I was on the Tampenis Park Connector when that turned to the left  from Tampenis Ave to join to Reservoir Road.
(if guys on this ride know the exact location, join in here)

I did not realised the turning to the left consisted of 2 paths, next to each other and the other path about 3- 4 inches lower.  I was on the outer lower path and I saw that ending and I needed to get back to the inner path.  I thought the level was the same and visually , you cannot see the differences in height.

The wheel got caught and I spilled.  A bloody shock and I palmed the ground.  Luckily I was wearing my new gel padded gloves.  Skin on knee tore up.  A few minutes to realised that was about the worse of it all.

If you all cycle here, BEWARE.  This part is more dangerous than potholes as the approach is on part of a curve.  If anyone here know who to cow bear cow pu to, do that.  I was lucky.  The next one might not be so lucky.

My right hand wrist which palmed the ground now starting to swell up with about the strenght to touch type and to hold a cup of coffee.  I should still be at RRR unless the wrist swelled up even more.  Even so I still think I see you all Sunday at RRR.  

You do not mind if I do not shake your hands though."

So sorry to read of your injury. I wish you speedy recovery. Do also email to the Authority about that booby-trap that hurts you. I believe those who designed them never cycle at all.
Looking forward to meet you again (weather forcast: cloudy).

Regular Forumer
6,183 posts

Singapore
Posted on: 9th Dec 2012 7:53 AM    Quote and Reply

Will be good to have photos of these spots.

Regular Forumer
1,348 posts

Singapore
Posted on: 9th Dec 2012 5:41 PM    Quote and Reply

Narrow but deep pothole outside one Newton condo near newton circus... Got a rude shock when I saw it... Lucky managed to veer inches aside...

Regular Forumer
63 posts
Forum Rep: 0

Singapore
Posted on: 9th Dec 2012 5:46 PM    Quote and Reply

When do mention near which lamppost, when reporting such potholes to the Authority. This make it very easy for them to find the potholes to be repaired.

Regular Forumer
6,183 posts

Singapore
Login to see your Forum Rankings