Topic: Bumboat fees to Pengarang @ Changi Point ferry

Posted on: 9th Nov 2012 5:44 PM    Quote and Reply

Does anyone know if there are any massage or SPA kind of activity in Pengarang?

Freshie Forumer
3 posts
Forum Rep: 0

Singapore
Posted on: 11th Nov 2012 2:01 PM    Quote and Reply

Quote:
"Formerly posted by goldfishub: Does anyone know if there are any massage or SPA kind of activity in Pengarang?"

No idea leh. Perhaps can ask the locals and find out more. 

Regular Forumer
1,342 posts
Forum Rep: 17

Singapore
Riding:
Posted on: 22nd Dec 2012 7:09 PM    Quote and Reply

As returned from yesterday's overnite trip from pengerang. Update u again. Daily 0700hrs to 1600hrs, no fixed departure time, $11 per pax and $2 per bike, 1 hour plus boat ride due to tekong plus sometimes low tide. 12 pax or less but topping up the fares to make boat set off. As heard from a taxi man in pengerang earlier on, yesterday got 3 riders doing Desaru ride missed the boat timing in pengerang th jetty on return to spore. No choice gonna pay 100plus plus RM for taxi fares to JB customs and cycled back woodlands checkpoint there. Do bring extra $$$ and estimate timing for boat rides. No hoo haa. Oh ya, if missed the pengerang jetty boat timing, can try the Belungkor ferry. Any ideas?

Regular Forumer
1,342 posts

Singapore
Riding:
Posted on: 23rd Dec 2012 9:47 AM    Quote and Reply

Quote:
"Formerly posted by kona-bros: As returned from yesterday's overnite trip from pengerang. Update u again. Daily 0700hrs to 1600hrs, no fixed departure time, $11 per pax and $2 per bike, 1 hour plus boat ride due to tekong plus sometimes low tide. 12 pax or less but topping up the fares to make boat set off. As heard from a taxi man in pengerang earlier on, yesterday got 3 riders doing Desaru ride missed the boat timing in pengerang th jetty on return to spore. No choice gonna pay 100plus plus RM for taxi fares to JB customs and cycled back woodlands checkpoint there. Do bring extra $$$ and estimate timing for boat rides. No hoo haa. Oh ya, if missed the pengerang jetty boat timing, can try the Belungkor ferry. Any ideas?"

That's me. Haven't gone back for 2 years+; the ride only tells me 2 things: I'm getting old, and don't always trust the posters even though various online information correlates it. We figured that heat exhaustion was getting to us and we couldn't make pengelih by 1530, so we headed to Sebana instead thinking there were ferries. Apparently they stopped services 2 years ago. And also they serve as an expat residence now, so no more massages there. For massage and spa you'd probably have better luck around kota tinggi area or head to the resorts at desaru. Again, ask them locals. Malaysians are the friendliest people I know here.

Regular Forumer
44 posts

Singapore
Riding:
Posted on: 23rd Dec 2012 4:07 PM    Quote and Reply

Quote:
"Formerly posted by isengrim:
Quote:
"Formerly posted by kona-bros: As returned from yesterday's overnite trip from pengerang. Update u again. Daily 0700hrs to 1600hrs, no fixed departure time, $11 per pax and $2 per bike, 1 hour plus boat ride due to tekong plus sometimes low tide. 12 pax or less but topping up the fares to make boat set off. As heard from a taxi man in pengerang earlier on, yesterday got 3 riders doing Desaru ride missed the boat timing in pengerang th jetty on return to spore. No choice gonna pay 100plus plus RM for taxi fares to JB customs and cycled back woodlands checkpoint there. Do bring extra $$$ and estimate timing for boat rides. No hoo haa. Oh ya, if missed the pengerang jetty boat timing, can try the Belungkor ferry. Any ideas?"

That's me. Haven't gone back for 2 years+; the ride only tells me 2 things: I'm getting old, and don't always trust the posters even though various online information correlates it. We figured that heat exhaustion was getting to us and we couldn't make pengelih by 1530, so we headed to Sebana instead thinking there were ferries. Apparently they stopped services 2 years ago. And also they serve as an expat residence now, so no more massages there. For massage and spa you'd probably have better luck around kota tinggi area or head to the resorts at desaru. Again, ask them locals. Malaysians are the friendliest people I know here."

+1. Years back, one of them readily fetch us to JB Immigration Checkpoint, when I was overcomed by fatigue, cycling back from Kota Tinggi.

Regular Forumer
6,184 posts
Forum Rep: 42

Singapore
Posted on: 13th Aug 2013 7:30 PM    Quote and Reply

Hi, can I get the contact of the boatman to pengerang pls?

Thanks
Shireen 

Freshie Forumer
3 posts

Singapore
Posted on: 16th Aug 2013 2:02 PM    Quote and Reply

Quote:
"Formerly posted by kona-bros: ... yesterday got 3 riders doing Desaru ride missed the boat timing in pengerang th jetty on return to spore. No choice gonna pay 100plus plus RM for taxi fares to JB customs and cycled back woodlands checkpoint there ..."

imo, if timing permits, they could have stayed the night over at Rengit then head back the next morning but of course again nothing beats home

Regular Forumer
152 posts

Singapore
Riding:
Posted on: 16th Aug 2013 2:43 PM    Quote and Reply

Not forgetting makan lobster seafood and admiring the small seafood paradise town before it is gone in another ten year time. recently 7-8 seafood restaurants. my favourite wild boar dish.

Regular Forumer
1,342 posts

Singapore
Riding:
Posted on: 16th Aug 2013 3:05 PM    Quote and Reply

You buying over those restaurants?

Regular Forumer
6,184 posts
Forum Rep: 42

Singapore
Posted on: 30th Oct 2013 9:37 PM    Quote and Reply

Tis coming weekend going over and check boat fees again...

Regular Forumer
1,342 posts

Singapore
Riding:
Login to see your Forum Rankings