Topic: Bumboat fees to Pengarang @ Changi Point ferry

Posted on: 29th Oct 2012 6:27 PM    Quote and Reply

Quote:
"Formerly posted by kona-bros: As recently took a bumboat ride to Pengarang. Price include bike $13 remained. Boat ride timing 1hour plus abit. Boat waiting time is extremely 'unpredictable', take note sometimes can wait for hours due to boatman and boat launches aat certain days or periods. A qoute 'Passengers proposed, Bumboat disposed'. "

Aiyah, for Pengerang Rides, it's better to always pre-book the ferry...for a round/return trip. Only catch is full ferry cap is at 12/13pax per ferry....so best is to have that numbers of pax for the ride! Saves a lot of downtime, have ease of mind, no headaches of missing the last ferry etc. Which leaves you only the need to concentrate on enjoying the trip/ride...LOL!

A Blue Horizon Is Appearing
Regular Forumer
116 posts
Forum Rep: 0

Posted on: 31st Oct 2012 9:01 PM    Quote and Reply

Quote:
"Formerly posted by IvanLim:
Quote:
"Formerly posted by kona-bros: As recently took a bumboat ride to Pengarang. Price include bike $13 remained. Boat ride timing 1hour plus abit. Boat waiting time is extremely 'unpredictable', take note sometimes can wait for hours due to boatman and boat launches aat certain days or periods. A qoute 'Passengers proposed, Bumboat disposed'. "

Aiyah, for Pengerang Rides, it's better to always pre-book the ferry...for a round/return trip. Only catch is full ferry cap is at 12/13pax per ferry....so best is to have that numbers of pax for the ride! Saves a lot of downtime, have ease of mind, no headaches of missing the last ferry etc. Which leaves you only the need to concentrate on enjoying the trip/ride...LOL!"

U are rite dude. Also depends dude, sometimes not going with full 12 or 13 paxs dude. 

Regular Forumer
1,341 posts
Forum Rep: 17

Singapore
Riding:
Posted on: 31st Oct 2012 10:45 PM    Quote and Reply

Quote:
"

U are rite dude. Also depends dude, sometimes not going with full 12 or 13 paxs dude. "

thats a lot of dudes in one sentence, dude...just sayin' 

Regular Forumer
1,361 posts
Forum Rep: 11

Singapore
Posted on: 1st Nov 2012 4:15 AM    Quote and Reply

I believe there is a signage stating ferry licensed to carry 12 Passengers, just like those going to Pulau Ubin.

Regular Forumer
6,167 posts
Forum Rep: 42

Singapore
Posted on: 5th Nov 2012 12:34 PM    Quote and Reply

It all depends on whether any of the riders are certified boatman or not......
Some of our riders are!.....so 13pax is then possible - of course!

Regular Forumer
116 posts

Posted on: 5th Nov 2012 8:35 PM    Quote and Reply

During NS days ever saw boatman piloting one of those ferry booked by the then Marine Police for fetching more than 12 pax on board (boatman mistaken Army personnels are non-fare paying so got waiver from restriction).

Regular Forumer
6,167 posts
Forum Rep: 42

Singapore
Posted on: 5th Nov 2012 11:23 PM    Quote and Reply

Quote:
"Formerly posted by motomuppet:
Quote:
"

U are rite dude. Also depends dude, sometimes not going with full 12 or 13 paxs dude. "

thats a lot of dudes in one sentence, dude...just sayin' "

He's not your dude, bro.

I'm just here to tone my belly
Regular Forumer
741 posts
Forum Rep: 2

Singapore
Riding:
Posted on: 6th Nov 2012 11:16 AM    Quote and Reply

Quote:
"Formerly posted by IvanLim:
Quote:

Aiyah, for Pengerang Rides, it's better to always pre-book the ferry...for a round/return trip. Only catch is full ferry cap is at 12/13pax per ferry....so best is to have that numbers of pax for the ride! Saves a lot of downtime, have ease of mind, no headaches of missing the last ferry etc. Which leaves you only the need to concentrate on enjoying the trip/ride...LOL!"

Hey Ivan,

you mentioned that we have to prebook the bumboat to pengerang. Am planning a trip this saturday. Wonder if you can provide some pointers on how can i prebook the bumboat.

Oh ya, any suggestion on where can i rent good quality bike for pengerang cycling? I seen those at changi village and their condition kind of old.

All suggestions are welcome. Thanks bikers. 

Freshie Forumer
1 posts

Singapore
Posted on: 6th Nov 2012 6:29 PM    Quote and Reply

Quote:
"Formerly posted by iwantthose88:Hey Ivan, you mentioned that we have to prebook the bumboat to pengerang. Am planning a trip this saturday. Wonder if you can provide some pointers on how can i prebook the bumboat.
Oh ya, any suggestion on where can i rent good quality bike for pengerang cycling? I seen those at changi village and their condition kind of old.
All suggestions are welcome. Thanks bikers. "

Hi,
Have pm you the boatman contact HP & name....
When you are there, please ask also for another boatman's HP & name...increase the pool ma!
As for good quality rental bikes - I am not sure about this.
The last time we rented in Pengerang was 3/4 years ago.....
That time, the MTB bikes were still relatively "new" and now, don't even know if they are still in biz/operation or not.
Have to ask another rider for this info....standby!

Regular Forumer
116 posts

Posted on: 9th Nov 2012 5:43 PM    Quote and Reply

Hi Bro, I'm also planning a trip in the near future, can PM the contact as well? Thank youin advance...

Freshie Forumer
3 posts

Singapore
Login to see your Forum Rankings