Topic: Buy / sell bicycle ? take note.

Posted on: 27th Jan 2011 5:12 PM    Quote and Reply

Message from a ex owner that sold the boys his OCBC 08 polygon @$260 ...

"actually i realised that too. but the kid told me he was getting it for himself and he was really keen to get a bicycle. the ones they are trying to sell are their old bicycles..
anyways i will take noted."

well...e intention was wrong...yes..buy low sell high is totally fine...good for him.....but cooking up stories and stuff is just not too right....isnt that close to con-ing? . i believe there are many other seller that  encounter the same situation......we shldnt encourage such practise But educate them ... who knows when they grow up...u will be their next prey for something Bigger ??

Btw i am not e owner of JBC and i have not deal with u before..so get the right person Before u fire ur Guns...But then again..thanks for e info u gave on e JBC....    smart boy...

Freshie Forumer
2 posts
Forum Rep: 0

Singapore
Posted on: 27th Jan 2011 6:12 PM    Quote and Reply

Aiyah everyone cooks up stories. Other time, this hawker stall selling Jap food jerked up price and I asked why, and she actually said: "Oh the guy who made the sign made a mistake." So she used the new price! This kind of story with strange reasoning also got!! Some peole got fahter, mother, sister, brother to feed. Everyone got story to tell!

That's life man!!
Cest la vie!

Regular Forumer
561 posts
Forum Rep: 1

Singapore
Riding:
Posted on: 28th Jan 2011 12:54 AM    Quote and Reply

Yeah, knew that the JBC seller didn't know I got a younger brother, so most probably you are the guy who sold me the spoilt diamondback bike. Ahh, is this the way you wanted to get back to me after you got humiliated so hard? lol, try denying that, it would be funny to see that if i managed to find out similar ip address from 'vin1234' and 'shcboy' .

From the typing style, and the registration date of 'shcboy' , i could see you are vin1234, Name: Klvin Tan should i metion your hp?

'the kid told me he was getting it for himself'
Yes, I got the bike for myself, rode it and sold it away! Is this even wrong?

'the ones they are trying to sell are their old bicycles'
of course, they are obviously old, you mean you expect me to call it new when it was already more than a month old? hence the need to sell it away. So basically its merely one perspective view. Cooking up stories or not, does it really matter in the first place as long as one did not break the law? So much of the 'who knows when they grow up...u will be their next prey for something Bigger ??'

Ok, im not going to say anything esle from now on. Take a look at this link :

http://agcvldb4.agc.gov.sg/non_version/cgi-bin/cgi_getdata.pl?actno=1965-REVED-75&doctitle=DEFAMATION%20ACT%0A&date=latest&method=part&sl=1&segid=

not sure whether this case falls any of those, gave up reading it, well let me emphasise THIS: tracking of ip addresses will do nobody good.

If you are just someone who think what i'm doing wrong and hence, you are posting this on the fourms, fine continue doing it. However, once i manged to confirm it through legal means, you would probably know what will happen. Going through the registration of a new 'shcboy', finding information about all these, and finally posting over here where normally people would be too lazy or can't be bothered with it.
Hmm, maybe you had a alternate motive?

Like I said, if you had any personal issues with me, talk to me face to face like how i did. Argh..posting on forums about me just to make yourself feel good? This is disgusting.. You should be grateful when i told my bro to stop and forget everything after that incident..

Freshie Forumer
4 posts

Singapore
Riding:
Posted on: 28th Jan 2011 1:08 AM    Quote and Reply

Quote:
"Formerly posted by kiddingz: Aiyah everyone cooks up stories. Other time, this hawker stall selling Jap food jerked up price and I asked why, and she actually said: "Oh the guy who made the sign made a mistake." So she used the new price! This kind of story with strange reasoning also got!! Some peole got fahter, mother, sister, brother to feed. Everyone got story to tell!

That's life man!!
Cest la vie!"

I agree everybody cooks up stories. maybe the lady was just a worker, working with a heck-care attitude, just say whatever she can think of. All I can say is its up to yourself whether you want to believe it or not =)

Freshie Forumer
4 posts

Singapore
Riding:
Posted on: 28th Jan 2011 1:21 AM    Quote and Reply

what a waste of time, could have used this 2hours learning how to repair a bike instead of raging over a small matter.

Freshie Forumer
4 posts

Singapore
Riding:
Posted on: 5th Feb 2011 6:19 PM    Quote and Reply

If the buyer is able to sell it at a higher price then it is his talent that not everyone have.

Reality Bites !!!
Deal done, move on.

Regular Forumer
152 posts

Singapore
Riding:
Posted on: 11th Feb 2011 5:13 PM    Quote and Reply

Quote:
"Formerly posted by lensman:

If the buyer is able to sell it at a higher price then it is his talent that not everyone have.

Reality Bites !!!
Deal done, move on.

"

Ya but when real estate agents do that, they say unethical.......this is a strange world indeed.

Regular Forumer
1,144 posts
Forum Rep: 24

Riding:
Posted on: 11th Feb 2011 5:39 PM    Quote and Reply

Two things in life that should not be exploited - basic food items and basic housing.

Bicycles and other things... those who have the ability to pay dictate the price level.

Regular Forumer
561 posts

Singapore
Riding:
Posted on: 11th Feb 2011 5:50 PM    Quote and Reply

Quote:
"Formerly posted by lensman:

Reality Bites !!!
Deal done, move on.
"

So if the person tells you a co*k and bull story about having sick parents needing expensive medical care to entice you to pay more, that's considered a talent?    There has to be some sense of ethics.

I've had a number of similiar encounters...   couple years back I sold a set of XT brakes with goodridge hoses.  The buyer said he was getting back into cycling and the usual tight budget excuse was used.  I sold the brakes at a pretty good price, coz I remembered people who did help me when I was starting out years and years ago.  Anyways, the guy promptly resold the brakes for a $30 profit.  I didn't complain online or sms him about it... what's done is done.  but recently I met him again and he really wanted something I had.  But hey, I remembered his shenanegan from before, so I declined to transact this time round.  Not saying karma's a bitch, but I really adhere to a very simple philosophy - treat others as you would want to be treated.

I've made a lot of good biking friends from togoparts via various transactions... sometimes selling, sometimes buying.   Honesty, being upfront, and sharing some knowledge during the transaction starts off any potential relationship/friendship on the right foot.  By taking unethical advantage of the other party during a transaction, you are just thinking very very short-term.   I intend to keep biking until super ripe old age.  So it's just really stupid to lie and cheat to get an extra $20, when you're losing a lot more in the process.

Regular Forumer
1,720 posts
Forum Rep: 3

Singapore
Riding:
Posted on: 11th Feb 2011 5:58 PM    Quote and Reply

Business is business. Charity is charity. I separate the both.

Regular Forumer
561 posts

Singapore
Riding:
Login to see your Forum Rankings