Topic: Buy / sell bicycle ? take note.

Posted on: 19th Jan 2011 10:14 AM    Quote and Reply

take a look at this .

selling bike ...
http://www.togoparts.com/marketplace/ad_details.php?cid=3&aid=255563&page_id=1&done=ad_search.php%3Fpage_id%3D1%26cid%3Dall%26title%3Docbc%26description%3D%26userserachname%3D%26location%3D%26city%3D%26transtype%3D

Sold bike
http://www.togoparts.com/marketplace/ad_details.php?cid=3&aid=253259&page_id=1&done=ad_search.php%3Fpage_id%3D1%26cid%3Dall%26title%3Docbc%26description%3D%26userserachname%3D%26location%3D%26city%3D%26transtype%3D

notice anything? same bike , Same spec details(copy and paste), same offerer contact number, BUT, different price =)

check this out too...

http://www.togoparts.com/members/profile.php?userid=27931

http://www.togoparts.com/members/profile.php?userid=28510

hmmm..new user name when e old one has got a bad reputation

for those that had followed e marketplace well...u all should have a clue about how many bikes have gone thru them =) (JBC storm pro, diamondback etc)

not being a sour grape here....but with a profit driven motive to buy , sell , bargain and earn profit out of e expense of others, is just not too right ...

MORE info of e 'business man'
usually 2 of them, age between 13-16 (brothers)
younger one with specs, elder one with long hair
small build, not tall
stay beside marymount MRT
number they use - 84200688

well nuf said...SPREAD the words to keep the marketplace a worry-free place to do trade in!!!

cheers and ride safe
most impt , Deal smart =)

Freshie Forumer
2 posts
Forum Rep: 0

Singapore
Posted on: 19th Jan 2011 10:47 AM    Quote and Reply

I dont see any problem with this as long there is a willing buyer and a willing seller... and you dont know maybe they are a working students, who knows this small profit they are earning for buy and sell helps them with their daily expenses..
go and bark at cash converter..

Regular Forumer
111 posts
Forum Rep: 8

Singapore
Posted on: 19th Jan 2011 1:02 PM    Quote and Reply

Buy low...sell high...oh my God! They are Capitalists! Watch your back folks...before you know it Singapore will be covered in shopping malls selling the same crap in each one....and people will inexplicably buy buy buy, the favorite national passtime will be shopping...we will all be judged on how well we follow trends....must have the new i phone...must get a big four wheel drive car for my spacialy unaware wife to drive the kids in...wait a minute...we are already there....

Sorry...could not help it.

Seriously though...I get what your saying, and agree with you to a point, but a couple kids see a good deal and have the initiative to jump on an opportunity to make some honest (they are not stealing, just buying low and selling high) cash, good on them. Buyer beware.

Regular Forumer
1,362 posts
Forum Rep: 12

Singapore
Posted on: 19th Jan 2011 2:27 PM    Quote and Reply

Yeah, this is bad.

Recently I was trying to sell something on other sites, one offer came immediately but doesn't want to deal so soon.  Next day that bugger posted the same item for sale at higher price!  He's trying to flip the item for profit without even any cash upfront!

I sold the item off to the next fellow who offered and deal immediately.

Regular Forumer
88 posts

Singapore
Posted on: 19th Jan 2011 3:11 PM    Quote and Reply

Hey boys, time to cut your mummy's apron's string... or should it be Tita's apron's string.

There's nothing wrong with wanting to make a profit. Nobody pulled a chainring infront to you to force you to sell or buy.

If you sell it for a price and the chap that buys it from you sells it at a higher price, it's not your loss but merely his gain. Your selling price is your percieved value of your item, his selling price his. He is just more entrpreuner than you. And you are just jealous and envious.

Regular Forumer
559 posts
Forum Rep: 1

Singapore
Riding:
Posted on: 19th Jan 2011 3:12 PM    Quote and Reply

Quote:
" the favorite national passtime will be shopping..."

Nope. It's eating.

Regular Forumer
559 posts

Singapore
Riding:
Posted on: 19th Jan 2011 3:52 PM    Quote and Reply

Quote:
"Formerly posted by kiddingz:
Quote:

Nope. It's eating."
maybe we just call it consuming...now I am hungry...

Regular Forumer
1,362 posts
Forum Rep: 12

Singapore
Posted on: 21st Jan 2011 7:13 PM    Quote and Reply

I think what he is tryin to say is just to be careful when dealing here to avoid any unhappiness..it is not about getting more or less back or who get more profit but more of not feeling very happy when someone posted e same item but asking a higher price right after buying from u without even packaging it..it is just human nature to feel angry to a certain extend..somemore more than one account is created to avoid being notice..not too cool ya...well..age is not a excuse or reason for many actions and should be judged at e same level..let just all try to make e market place a pleasant dealing venue..if wanna resell, atleast repackage or make it discreet...

Freshie Forumer
1 posts

Singapore
Posted on: 21st Jan 2011 8:54 PM    Quote and Reply

Thanks for linking this topic to me fastwannabe. I don't deny i have been doing this for the past 2months or so, but however please understand that i'm doing a honest trade over here. I didn't cheat, lie, or did anything illegal. Can't see why this is wrong..

Shcboy, i bought your jbc at 350, did some touch-up on it , rode it for a few times before selling it off at 650.
I don't deny that i didn't make a profit of it, but if you have any issue with me, confront me. What's the point of doing all this? What if I bought it and sell it at a loss? Will you still be here talking about it?

In the first place you told me you need the money urgently to prepare ang pao for wedding dinnner, willing to sell it to me at 350, we did the trade, and now why are u doing all this?

There will always be bargaining, lowballing, etc. If you are not feeling comfortable don't feel good, walk away immediately. You exchanged the bike with my cash, so does the bike got to do with you afterwards? Also, the JBC was bought by a friend of mine, including after-servicing. No one approached me for the JBC bike via Togoparts. The JBC Bike ad was removed once my friend bought it.

Try learning some self restraint please, does it makes you happy if i were to say i'm very upset about it?
Not because i had a bad reputation thats why i created a new account. My bro and I wanted to manage the ads efficiently, hence, the 2nd account.

Shcboy, i bought the diamondback with a spoilt derailleur, was furious about it. The guy even sms me after the trade and everything, 'Well, cost of e bike, 170 + taxi fare + useless cassette.'

Lastly, I replaced the derailleur and sold it away. I'm not even complaining about it. No offense, you were older than me and probably better than me in handling this kind of situation.

Once again thanks everybody for reading. I probably have to inform the buyer that i'm a bike reseller. Talk to me if you still feel angry about it, maybe we could find a way to solve this? You do have my number right?

Freshie Forumer
4 posts

Singapore
Riding:
Posted on: 22nd Jan 2011 2:17 AM    Quote and Reply

Good for you kylen3.

For those of you who are venting because someone had made some money and you didn't... hey it's just that this chap understands simple economics and you don't.

Buy low sell high - stocks, property, minerals, gold, rabbits... and Bikes!

Gurung kuni man, Cash converters, pawnbrokers, traders... even tuition centre owners buy the services of a tutors and resell their servicess are a higher price.

Regular Forumer
559 posts

Singapore
Riding:
Posted on: 22nd Jan 2011 5:44 AM    Quote and Reply

Quote:
"Formerly posted by kiddingz:
Quote:

Nope. It's eating."

100% agree that is why I am overweight