Topic: My TWO beloved bikes have been stolen!

Posted on: 13th Nov 2010 2:33 AM    Quote and Reply

My TWO bikes were stolen from my house today (Queenstown, Stirling Road, house just opposite Queens condo), between 8:30am-8:30pm when nobody was at home. Have already filed a police report and the police came to my house to take statement. They also took away a cable lock left behind by the thief(s), to see if they can recover some fingerprints of the criminal(s). The cable was originally coiled up and cliped onto a holder on the seat post of the Giant bike.

Bike 1: 2007 Louis Garneau Bart Pro (frame serial #: F708Y01??, not very sure, photo taken when just bought is not very clear). Dark brown (very rare!). Almost stock components, except Fi'zi:k Nisene HP saddle, Ergon GE1 Enduro grips (black) and Easton Flatboy DH Pedals.

Bike 2: 2009 Giant XTC2 (frame serial #: GK875190). White. Also almost all stock, except saddle, Ergon GE1 grips (white) and Crank Brothers 5050 (blue) pedals.

Both bikes have a Topeak Panoram V12 Widescreen Computer on the handle bar, a Topeak Tribag on the top tube and a Topeak Aero Wedge saddle bag (large).

The bikes were not locked though, just parked in my back yard. The place is sheltered and not obvious to people walking by the fence. On hind sight, should have kept the bikes inside the house even though they were covered with the mud I brought back from Bukit Timah.

Any kind soul sees them, please contact me at 94852758. THANKS!
Freshie Forumer
6 posts
Forum Rep: 0

Singapore
Riding:
Posted on: 13th Nov 2010 5:51 AM    Quote and Reply

Sad man.

Regular Forumer
1,144 posts
Forum Rep: 24

Riding:
Posted on: 13th Nov 2010 6:13 AM    Quote and Reply

I believe whoever stole them has got better eyesight than you thought. Just be more careful about bike security

Regular Forumer
6,171 posts
Forum Rep: 42

Singapore
Posted on: 13th Nov 2010 8:54 AM    Quote and Reply

and the lock wasn't locking up the bikes.
"The cable was originally coiled up and cliped onto a holder on the seat post of the Giant bike."

I <3 Coffee!

Regular Forumer
2,412 posts
Forum Rep: 1

Philippines
Riding:
Posted on: 13th Nov 2010 9:21 AM    Quote and Reply

With so many cases of bike theft recently all riders out there should be more vigilant and not complacent! Guess you are just too complacent...an expensive lesson to learn.

Regular Forumer
55 posts

Singapore
Posted on: 13th Nov 2010 10:18 AM    Quote and Reply

will keep a lookout for you when i'm on the road, bro...hopefully the bikes havent been painted over...sigh...u would think there are better things to steal than bikes...cant believe people would do this kind of thing....

Regular Forumer
73 posts

Singapore
Riding:
Posted on: 13th Nov 2010 1:38 PM    Quote and Reply

Singapore is relatively safe..but honestly.. petty crimes are still rampant.. 

Regular Forumer
478 posts

Singapore
Login to see your Forum Rankings