Togoparts.com
Login Togoparts!    userID: Password: New? Join Togoparts! Forgot your Password?
   Launch PM  You are currently browsing from United States 

States/Region/District:

City/Town:

Advertisement
Forums  >  General Biking Topics & Events  >  Announcements & Useful Information Forum Search
Topic: Tampines Bike Park is now open.
Posted on: 6th Nov 2010 11:49 AM    Quote and Reply

Tampines Bike Park is now open starting as of today. The trails are assessible for cyclist but the bmx track remains closed for maintenance. Opening hours are from Tues - Sun,  8am - 6pm. Sign in and out is required.
kruger Portrait Uploaded
6th Dec 2002
Posted on: 6th Nov 2010 4:57 PM    Quote and Reply

I passed by there too and saw the ominent yellow notice board missing and the gate opened and assume it is accessible to public now.
However I am disappointed that it is closed every Monday bacause it is my regular off day.

fndjuman Portrait Uploaded
2nd Oct 2010
Posted on: 6th Nov 2010 5:46 PM    Quote and Reply
do we need to pay go get in cos i heard about older forum saying that we need to pay to get access inside the track?
synyster55

1st Jun 2010
Posted on: 6th Nov 2010 7:32 PM    Quote and Reply
Quote:
"Formerly posted by kruger: Tampines Bike Park is now open starting as of today. The trails are assessible for cyclist but the bmx track remains closed for maintenance. Opening hours are from Tues - Sun,  8am - 6pm. Sign in and out is required. "

COOL! But whats the purpose of signing in and out for?
5ZIGEN Portrait Uploaded
17th May 2007
Riding:
1) Morewood Zula
2) Scott Scale 40
Posted on: 6th Nov 2010 7:59 PM    Quote and Reply
Quote:
"Formerly posted by 5ZIGEN:
COOL! But whats the purpose of signing in and out for?"

Maybe one of the new services is a massage parlour onsite.... 
chwee Portrait Uploaded
29th Mar 2005
Riding:
1) Chumba XCL - M ...
Posted on: 6th Nov 2010 11:08 PM    Quote and Reply
That will be good to have after a ride.
5ZIGEN Portrait Uploaded
17th May 2007
Riding:
1) Morewood Zula
2) Scott Scale 40
Posted on: 6th Nov 2010 11:15 PM    Quote and Reply

was at the trail after a 9 months closure .. almost half of the old trail was fenced up including the jungle section. the current trail is about 3km long ...with parts like Ubin double diamond like steep rock obstacles...  
its abit confusing navigating the trail with no proper markers , can see other cyclists got into each other ways .... 

overall , abit disppointing ... kindda miss the old trail , now only left with 2 small hill sections... although the trail is more rideable now , no more loose pebbled trail like before  ....

peanut

30th May 2010
Posted on: 7th Nov 2010 10:40 AM    Quote and Reply
Just to let you all know
i recall some joker mentioning that the technical sections are closed
- It is not closed, it's just been made even more technical so it seems higher and rockier, and yes the trail is open!

neverquit

26th May 2008
Riding:
1) GT ava 1,0 2008...
Posted on: 7th Nov 2010 5:52 PM    Quote and Reply
I was there with my son this afternoon. The trail was very forgiving, good for beginners to practice basic skills before attempting the challenging trails elsewhere. However, there was a rocky slope with technical obstacles which I think was designed for more seasoned bikers. Refer to the first iPhone photo, my son was gliding down the slope. The 2nd photo shows the pump trail.

http://mytwowheelers.blogspot.com/
chris9888 Portrait Uploaded
31st Aug 2010
Posted on: 12th Nov 2010 8:52 PM    Quote and Reply
need to wear helmet in? previous forum some1 mentioned a must to wear helmet in..
cutepoison90 Portrait Uploaded
21st Jun 2010
Posted on: 12th Nov 2010 9:25 PM    Quote and Reply
Besides helmet, I will not do it without wearing knee and shine guards. Helmet can save your life bro

http://mytwowheelers.blogspot.com/
chris9888 Portrait Uploaded
31st Aug 2010
Next 1 2 Last Reply
Post a Reply
Forum Etiquette & Rules . Report Abuse
Go to:

Home  .  Terms of Service  .  Privacy Policy  .  About  .  CareersWe are hiring!   Advertise  .  FAQ Become a fan! Follow us on Twitter All times are GMT +8 Hours 
Togoparts.com is the number one bicycle portal in Singapore featuring classifieds marketplace for buying and selling Mountain Bikes, MTB, Road Bikes, Tri Bikes, Time Trial Bikes, Folding Bikes, Recumbent Bikes, Singlespeed Bikes, Tandem Bikes. Find useful bike products and services information like Suspensions Forks, Wheels, Frames, Brakes, Handlebars, Pedals, Stems, Seatposts, Jerseys and Accessories. Read consumer reviews, in-depth bike product reviews and event coverages.
Copyright© 2001-2014 Togoparts.com
All Rights Reserved.