Topic: 1000 km Ride to Thailand

Posted on: 23rd Oct 2010 12:31 PM    Quote and Reply

Anything that comes on the stock bike. A Shimano SLX wheelset with Mavic 317 rims. Tough nut! Ortlieb should be world traveller series.

Regular Forumer
46 posts
Forum Rep: 0

Singapore
Posted on: 23rd Oct 2010 6:13 PM    Quote and Reply

do check the rim tape, and not sure what stock wheelsets have as the rimtape. better to have solid rim tape , takes one mysterious puncture creator (even old high-pressure rim tape caused me some phantom punctures every 2.5km and it was really annoying) out of the list. turns out it was old and shifts/cuts the tube when the wheel rolls so it causes a very consistent puncture every 2.5km

I <3 Coffee!

Regular Forumer
2,412 posts
Forum Rep: 1

Philippines
Riding:
Posted on: 24th Oct 2010 4:02 PM    Quote and Reply

the wheels had been used pretty well and so far its been working fine, hope it stays fine. We will be leaving on the 1st Bumboat on the 30th Oct from Changi Ferry Point and our first night would be spent in Desaru. It should be an easy ride on the 1st day so as not to kill ourselves on the 1st day.

Regular Forumer
46 posts

Singapore
Posted on: 24th Oct 2010 4:12 PM    Quote and Reply

no harm to check the rim tape and see what you have. i took my rim tape for granted, and it failed on me even though it was a good quality vittoria high-pressure rim tape. you do not lose anything other than some time and effort.

I <3 Coffee!

Regular Forumer
2,412 posts

Philippines
Riding:
Posted on: 29th Oct 2010 7:51 PM    Quote and Reply

Dear all,

we will be leaving Singapore via Changi Checkpoint tomorrow morning at 7am. We will be on the 1st bumboat to get out of Singapore. See ya.

Regular Forumer
46 posts

Singapore
Posted on: 29th Oct 2010 8:08 PM    Quote and Reply

Have a god ride bro!

Remember to update us your adventure if you have the chance to access Internet. Better still, post some photos.

Be safe, good luck :) 

http://mytwowheelers.blogspot.com/
Regular Forumer
176 posts

Singapore
Riding:
Posted on: 10th Nov 2010 2:42 PM    Quote and Reply

Hi all, 

we are back in Singapore this morning. The trip is not as tough as we had expected. After 3 days, the ass hurts big time! Abrasion. After the rolling hills of Kota Tinggi to Mersing up to Kuala Rompin, the rest of the way is basically FLAT. The only resistance, being the very strong NE monsoon and the draught of the big truck. The boredom of making your way through KMs of flats is excrusciating however, meeting lots of nice people through the journey and lots of food of course makes it bearable. Even on our very last day in Tak Ba, Thailand, we met a couple who owns a saddlery and treated us to a good bowl of mee, such genriosity! Travelling by bike is not difficult, we will post pictures soon.

Anyone game to join a ALL WOMENS TEAM?  

Thanks!  

Regular Forumer
46 posts

Singapore
Posted on: 10th Nov 2010 6:48 PM    Quote and Reply

Read somewhere a lady cyclist was attacked during the recent Tour de Bintan. Do take precautions against such events

Regular Forumer
6,171 posts
Forum Rep: 42

Singapore
Posted on: 10th Nov 2010 8:19 PM    Quote and Reply

trip blog up yet? with some pics?

I <3 Coffee!

Regular Forumer
2,412 posts

Philippines
Riding: