Topic: 1000 km Ride to Thailand

Posted on: 18th Oct 2010 5:53 PM    Quote and Reply

Hi, I'm embarking on a ride to Thailand from 1st Nov. Its probably gonna be a 10 days ride very free and easy. Will leave Singapore via Changi point to Penggarang and start the journey from there. I'll ride along the coast and sleep by the beach, hotel, or whatever that comes around. Coming back via Kota Bahru via Coach. If anyone keen to embark on this journey, part of or in full, pls PM me. 

Cheers! 
Regular Forumer
46 posts
Forum Rep: 0

Singapore
Posted on: 18th Oct 2010 6:48 PM    Quote and Reply

Any particular reason(s) for the schedule?
I thought year end monsoon can be much more difficult to do it (can be raining days in a row with flash flood).  

Regular Forumer
6,187 posts
Forum Rep: 42

Singapore
Posted on: 18th Oct 2010 8:07 PM    Quote and Reply

Quote:
"Formerly posted by Adventurer: Hi, I'm embarking on a ride to Thailand from 1st Nov. Its probably gonna be a 10 days ride very free and easy. Will leave Singapore via Changi point to Penggarang and start the journey from there. I'll ride along the coast and sleep by the beach, hotel, or whatever that comes around. Coming back via Kota Bahru via Coach. If anyone keen to embark on this journey, part of or in full, pls PM me. 

Cheers! "

Hi sir, you have my respect!

Wish you a smooth journey.

If you can afford the time, I hope you are able to share some of the photos here.

Good Luck!

Regular Forumer
758 posts

Singapore
Riding:
Posted on: 18th Oct 2010 11:43 PM    Quote and Reply

Yep, raining days make it more fun. I've got another friend to attempt it with me. If anyone's keen, just join in for a day ride or two? We will be departing Singapore via Changi Ferry Point on the 30th Morning 1st Bumboat. Also, Pls donate to UNICEF and UNIFEM to see us suffer. We will provide the donation infor soon. It was a last minute decision, hope everything goes smooth. Cheers! 

Regular Forumer
46 posts

Singapore
Posted on: 19th Oct 2010 12:20 AM    Quote and Reply

I am not sure my brother down there can take it. 

My next gen not done with yet, what if because of this ride the didi cannot se-dia?

1000 km in 10 days for this trip as compared to 1000 km in 365 days for my bike.

Anyway, all the best for your trip, I don't think I am ready to suffer with you even though I love cycling.

Regular Forumer
125 posts
Forum Rep: 2

Singapore
Posted on: 19th Oct 2010 6:45 AM    Quote and Reply

Quote:
"Formerly posted by Adventurer: Yep, raining days make it more fun. I've got another friend to attempt it with me. If anyone's keen, just join in for a day ride or two? We will be departing Singapore via Changi Ferry Point on the 30th Morning 1st Bumboat. Also, Pls donate to UNICEF and UNIFEM to see us suffer. We will provide the donation infor soon. It was a last minute decision, hope everything goes smooth. Cheers! "

Can share with us what are UNICEF and UNIFEM?
I am concern for your safety, as I had been blown across the road by crosswind there during fair weather (so lucky no on-coming traffic at that point in time)
I wish you both a nice and enjpyable trip

Regular Forumer
6,187 posts

Singapore
Posted on: 19th Oct 2010 6:48 AM    Quote and Reply

Quote:
"Formerly posted by fugipug: I am not sure my brother down there can take it. 

My next gen not done with yet, what if because of this ride the didi cannot se-dia?

1000 km in 10 days for this trip as compared to 1000 km in 365 days for my bike.

Anyway, all the best for your trip, I don't think I am ready to suffer with you even though I love cycling."

Can share with us do you really cycle so little in a year? The rubber tire decomposed before they get worn? If you concern about your health/mandom, check your bike fit and practice cycling often 

Regular Forumer
6,187 posts

Singapore
Posted on: 19th Oct 2010 11:16 AM    Quote and Reply

Quote:
"Formerly posted by rbc1891:
Quote:
"Formerly posted by fugipug: I am not sure my brother down there can take it. 

Anyway, all the best for your trip, I don't think I am ready to suffer with you even though I love cycling."

Can share with us do you really cycle so little in a year? The rubber tire decomposed before they get worn? If you concern about your health/mandom, check your bike fit and practice cycling often "

Not bad liao, since I have so many bikes to ride on depending on my mood.   The milege is spread out amongst the bikes I have.  The bikes are my other wives since I cannot have them in human form when I already have one.

My bikes are in cold storage all the time, so rubber rot is not going to be an issue in low temp and low humidity condition.  Anyway bike tires are not costly consumables that cost at most $250 a pair.  If you have to change it, don't give a damn, just change it.

Regular Forumer
125 posts

Singapore
Posted on: 19th Oct 2010 11:35 AM    Quote and Reply

that sounds awesome! Please post pics and updates for those of us stuck in the office!

Regular Forumer
1,362 posts
Forum Rep: 12

Singapore
Posted on: 19th Oct 2010 12:38 PM    Quote and Reply

Quote:
"Formerly posted by motomuppet: that sounds awesome! Please post pics and updates for those of us stuck in the office!"

My bikes are mine, not for public display. There is a section in Togoparts for people to post photos of their bike to show off to the world, go there to ogle.

There is this thing call privacy which is so lacking in people today, they publish their life in facebook and blogs without knowing the serious implications that cannot be erased.  Sheer foolishness !

Regular Forumer
125 posts

Singapore
Posted on: 19th Oct 2010 12:48 PM    Quote and Reply

moto, you could rephrase it as 'please post pics of the trip (not the bicycles)...'

I <3 Coffee!

Regular Forumer
2,412 posts
Forum Rep: 1

Philippines
Riding:
Login to see your Forum Rankings