Topic: Stolen Bikes - Let the community help you look out.

Posted on: 27th Apr 2013 6:53 PM    Quote and Reply

Was wondering any of you put the Singapore Police Force bicycle security label? Or anyone lost a bike with the label and found it back?

Want to check how useful it is.

Asked the officer he said once someone peel of the label, the number will be etched on the bike and they have a way to trace it back. 

Regular Forumer
18 posts
Forum Rep: 0

Singapore
Posted on: 27th Apr 2013 7:02 PM    Quote and Reply

If they happen to scan it, yes, possible. But most thieves will spray the bike or possibly wipe it down with thinner to remove whatever chemicals are left over from the sticker. 

I'm just here to tone my belly
Regular Forumer
741 posts
Forum Rep: 2

Singapore
Riding:
Posted on: 27th Apr 2013 8:37 PM    Quote and Reply

Ahh I see. Meanwhile, I've created a group for lost and found bicycles and motorbikes: https://www.facebook.com/groups/235645919893858/

Do join and post photos of your lost bike!

Regular Forumer
18 posts

Singapore
Posted on: 26th Jun 2013 4:08 PM    Quote and Reply

MERIDA TFS 300 29er STOLEN
from Marine Parade/Sea Avenue off East Coast Rd on the 24 Jun 2013

- Black colour with Lime Green/White trim
- White Grip, Seat and Brake handle set
- 29" Wheel and 19" Frame
- has a rear rack (not shown in picture)

The thief came into condo's carpark and cut the bicycle lock in the middile of the night. Somewhat inside job coz cannot see the bike from outside or main road. Thief target and stolen only my bike eventhough there are other older mtb around. Condo has no security guard. The thief must have seen the bike while on other business in the condo e.g. contractor, delivery, cleaner etc. No offence to these professions, just citing possible suspects. Police report done but not expecting much.

29er is not unique but still quite rare in Spore. Anyone with information or spot the stolen bike  ... please contact me 9749 48 three 7. Also asked that bike lovers do not support buying stolen bikes or parts. Pls do diligences to ensure legit before transaction. I'm very sad coz the bike is only 3mths old and I use it regularly. But now I'm wondering if I should buy a new one (not safe to lock in carpark).

Thank you
(Will also upload to Lost and Found) 

Freshie Forumer
3 posts

Singapore
Posted on: 26th Jun 2013 8:47 PM    Quote and Reply

Quote:
"Formerly posted by ahmad0420: Ahh I see. Meanwhile, I've created a group for lost and found bicycles and motorbikes: https://www.facebook.com/groups/235645919893858/

Do join and post photos of your lost bike!"

Great idea thanks, will spread the news! 

Regular Forumer
181 posts

Singapore
Riding:
Posted on: 3rd Jul 2013 10:31 AM    Quote and Reply

Additional information on the specs in case dismantle and sold off ... 

Brake set: Tektro Draco Hydraulic (White handle) 
Tires: 29" Maxxis Crossmark
Shifters: Shimano SL-M430 (Alivio)
Front Derailleur: Shimano M390 (Acera)
Rear Derailleur : Shimano Deore XT 

Quote:
"Formerly posted by AhChuen:

MERIDA TFS 300 29er STOLEN
from Marine Parade/Sea Avenue off East Coast Rd on the 24 Jun 2013

- Black colour with Lime Green/White trim
- White Grip, Seat and Brake handle set
- 29" Wheel and 19" Frame
- has a rear rack (not shown in picture)

The thief came into condo's carpark and cut the bicycle lock in the middile of the night. Somewhat inside job coz cannot see the bike from outside or main road. Thief target and stolen only my bike eventhough there are other older mtb around. Condo has no security guard. The thief must have seen the bike while on other business in the condo e.g. contractor, delivery, cleaner etc. No offence to these professions, just citing possible suspects. Police report done but not expecting much.

29er is not unique but still quite rare in Spore. Anyone with information or spot the stolen bike  ... please contact me 9749 48 three 7. Also asked that bike lovers do not support buying stolen bikes or parts. Pls do diligences to ensure legit before transaction. I'm very sad coz the bike is only 3mths old and I use it regularly. But now I'm wondering if I should buy a new one (not safe to lock in carpark).

Thank you
(Will also upload to Lost and Found) 

"

Freshie Forumer
3 posts

Singapore
Posted on: 5th Jul 2013 12:37 AM    Quote and Reply

Anyone lost a focus mountain bike?
Please call or text and update bike model color  and details to 93866160 

Freshie Forumer
7 posts

Singapore
Posted on: 21st Jul 2013 11:16 AM    Quote and Reply

Hi,

My GT avalanche 3.0 was stolen a few days ago near Geylang lorong 33, it is black and green color:

Please do let me know if you see a bike like this around. Thanks.

Freshie Forumer
1 posts

Posted on: 10th Mar 2014 7:49 PM    Quote and Reply

Did anyone have a GT Karakoram 29er stolen recently? Bike is Grey color with white Kore stem, Gold Kore Torsion riser bars and gold spacers This bike was seen locked in Kovan near the house of a guy who has been stealing bicycles.

Regular Forumer
197 posts

Singapore
Posted on: 12th Mar 2014 10:10 PM    Quote and Reply

Passed by the spot where the bike is locked, the Kore Torsion handlebar, Kore stem, gold spacers, seatpost, seat, seatclamp, brake levers and disc brake calipers have been stripped off the bike. I guess the thief is taking apart the bike. Talked to someone who knew the thief, he said that the thief accidently said that the bike was taken recently from Woodlands.

Regular Forumer
197 posts

Singapore
Login to see your Forum Rankings