Topic: attempt to create trouble has failed !

Posted on: 19th Sep 2009 6:07 AM    Quote and Reply

Logged in to find someone wants to create trouble for me. Fail !
i would like to address this person's concern about my advert :
http://www.togoparts.com/marketplace/ad_details.php?cid=1&aid=151916&page_id=4&done=list_ads.php%3Fcid%3D1%26page_id%3D4

This person is obviously trying to stir up trouble. Stop blaming it on trying to help newbies and all that self-rightous bullshit, his argument doesn't even have a point. It's good to help people, but to mislead them is less than honorable. Could it be the same person who wants to just buy the XT crank by itself ?

i'm not targeting newbies, actually find that selling to people who know what they're buying is much better as i don't have to be subjected to as many questions. Component compatibility and such and such. In fact, by charging an extra SGD$100 for installation is lower than any LBS i know of. Component swap / building up a new bike is roughly SGD$80 and up, rebleed of hydros are also SGD$80 and up, cables and jackets are SGD$8 / piece meaning at least SGD$16 for a rear transmission.

CRC is without a doubt one of the most competitively priced stores around. i should point out that using CRC pricing to try to lower my pricing is nonsense enough, but to do so by comparing XT pricing with SLX pricing is downright stupid. Might as well say that since i can get a brand new Deore M590 crankset for $102.33, i should get used Saint cranks in mint condition for the same price. This person seems to think SLX and XT are in the same price range. Meaning to say that just because a crank is last year's model, it should be relegated to a lower grade component ? That's funny as the current model Deore M575 disc brakes are going for $98.84 while the previous year Deore LX M585 is still more expensive at SGD$102.33 ? There are many more examples which i can quote, but i believe that those who chose to read this post are not stupid people and need not have the same idea hammered into them repeatedly.

Here's a list of the items i'm selling with price from CRC >
XT cranks with DH ring - SGD$286.56 if can manage to sell off the 3 rings for the price of a DH ring. Yes, mine's the previous year's model, but this is the only XT there is.
http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=20679
SLX rear mesh - SGD$59.34
http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=28033
XT cog-set - SGD$90.05 don't think it's fair to compare to SLX as it's carrier is only for the largest 3 cogs and not 7 as for XT
http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=20677
Deore M535 DCL - SGD$182.18 so around SGD$91 for just the rear. However, i should point out that no-one will just buy a front shifter, but there are many who only need a rear shifter. Such is why most rear shifters are slightly more expensive.
http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=38701
Deore M525 rear caliper with rotor and IS mount - SGD$49.11 for that price, the adaptor is not a "flood sale" item which is shop soiled as quoted SGD$6, the nice, clean and new item should be SGD$12.26
http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=22741
Disc hose - SGD$32.73 long enough for rear
http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=4422
Bleed kit - SGD$24.54 or pay SGD$80 for LBS bleeding.
http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=663
TOTAL =  SGD$633/-

i'm asking SGD$485 only, saving 33% on already cheap sale price,  and all items are in mint condition. As for the center-lock rotor, all Shimano hubs are using center-lock since the last 2 years or so. A 6-bolt rotor can be purchased from CRC at around SGD$20 ? Don't understand what's the big deal. Also most riders who run chain-device here seem to go with 1 X 9 gearing. Actual short cage users run 1 X 7 or 1 X 6 gearing locking out the largest 2 or 3 cogs. So in effect, long cage rear mesh is better suited if plan to run full 9 speed rear drive. A shorter cage would only be better to avoid getting it mangled on rocks or whatever during ride.

Yes, there are other cheaper options out there, of course. i am selling what is on my ad, not anything more. My pricing isn't high IMO considering the BNIB pricing even compared to CRC, so why the fuss ?

*all pricing correct as of 9/19/09 3:58 AM*

Better to not have friends,
than accepting a bunch of worthless pests only concerned with personal gain.
Regular Forumer
193 posts
Forum Rep: 0

Singapore
Posted on: 19th Sep 2009 1:09 PM    Quote and Reply

I stoooodennnnntttttt! Got discount??

Regular Forumer
1,290 posts

Singapore
Riding:
Posted on: 19th Sep 2009 1:10 PM    Quote and Reply

There can be only ONE....

Muahaha...!

Regular Forumer
265 posts

Singapore
Posted on: 19th Sep 2009 1:54 PM    Quote and Reply

btw, i dont think rebleeding cost 80++....

Regular Forumer
627 posts

Singapore
Riding:
Posted on: 19th Sep 2009 2:37 PM    Quote and Reply

btw, looking at d title, how sure r u tat his attempt has failed? anybody interested in viewing ur parts?

also, i think tat all d tgp members would all agree tat u are d most annoying member... click this link to see why... u are d ulimate spammer in tgp! congragulations!

Regular Forumer
85 posts

Singapore
Posted on: 20th Sep 2009 2:53 AM    Quote and Reply

Who says short cage user lock out the largest cogs? Ive seen lotsa 1X9 users using a super short Saint RD and still utilising all 9 cogs. I dont's see your point and you technical knowledge is bad.

Regular Forumer
391 posts

Singapore
Riding:
Posted on: 20th Sep 2009 12:43 PM    Quote and Reply

I paid my component swap to a new frame for just $50, and surely you are not going to compare your skill to that of a lbs.

Old Salt Forumer
907 posts

Posted on: 20th Sep 2009 3:50 PM    Quote and Reply

nice to know there is overwhelming response. Goes to show that forum users do bother if iconic was genuine in his "help newbies" cause, or just a case of using an excuse to stir up trouble.

Wonder why no-one address the issue of comparing pricing for components of different grade ? Could it be that there is indeed, as i said, a sizable price difference ?

ister_bunny,
unsure how to read your post. Do email me if needed.
Meowfifa,
also unsure what to make of your post, have we met ? Do email me if genuinely interested something. Students don't get discounts, i can't claim GST rebate / tax refund from Mr Lee either if it makes anyone feel better.

for hidayatz01,
naturally i compare the pricing within a 3-4km radius of BT hill, which is the distance i'm confident any cyclist can travel without workable brakes. Charges for a rebleed is somewhere around there. i don't have the authority to post individual pricing of each and every LBS, nor do i want to.

Now to address the personal attacks :
Finn,
in short, yes. My skill to install the items (on my ad) is comparable to any LBS, generous helping of grease on all threaded parts. Can also come back to me after a week to correct cable stretch.

ghostbikers,
watch this >
http://www.pinkbike.com/news/Fabien-Barel-Bike-Check-2009.html
most 1Xwhatever utilizing short cage run a road cog-set on rear. It can be done with MTN 32T-34T cog-set as well but shifting suffers. Locking out is not a must, but do read " cross chaining "  before telling anyone their technical knowledge is bad. Locking out gives a better chain-line and longer cage gives better shifting and better chain-wrap / chain-tension all round. Only down side of having long cage is few grammes more weight and clearance issues with rocks. Telling me pro rider using 7 speed for fun ?  Or company that sponsor him 9 speed cog-set ask him to take out 2 of the cogs for advertistment sake ? Get facts right before posting, else end up looking stupid. Stupid looking enough already.

crankiest,
do back up your accusation. To my knowledge, i haven't spammed anyone nor given other users email to anyone. Either proof, or eat your own foot.

Will the above mentioned post a reply regarding comparing price of different grade components, which was, after all, the main issue ?

Better to not have friends,
than accepting a bunch of worthless pests only concerned with personal gain.
Regular Forumer
193 posts

Singapore
Posted on: 21st Sep 2009 1:23 AM    Quote and Reply

Quote:
"Formerly posted by thewhitebunny12: nice to know there is overwhelming response. Goes to show that forum users do bother if iconic was genuine in his "help newbies" cause, or just a case of using an excuse to stir up trouble.

Wonder why no-one address the issue of comparing pricing for components of different grade ? Could it be that there is indeed, as i said, a sizable price difference ?

ister_bunny,
unsure how to read your post. Do email me if needed.
Meowfifa,
also unsure what to make of your post, have we met ? Do email me if genuinely interested something. Students don't get discounts, i can't claim GST rebate / tax refund from Mr Lee either if it makes anyone feel better.

for hidayatz01,
naturally i compare the pricing within a 3-4km radius of BT hill, which is the distance i'm confident any cyclist can travel without workable brakes. Charges for a rebleed is somewhere around there. i don't have the authority to post individual pricing of each and every LBS, nor do i want to.

Now to address the personal attacks :
Finn,
in short, yes. My skill to install the items (on my ad) is comparable to any LBS, generous helping of grease on all threaded parts. Can also come back to me after a week to correct cable stretch.

ghostbikers,
watch this >
http://www.pinkbike.com/news/Fabien-Barel-Bike-Check-2009.html
most 1Xwhatever utilizing short cage run a road cog-set on rear. It can be done with MTN 32T-34T cog-set as well but shifting suffers. Locking out is not a must, but do read " cross chaining "  before telling anyone their technical knowledge is bad. Locking out gives a better chain-line and longer cage gives better shifting and better chain-wrap / chain-tension all round. Only down side of having long cage is few grammes more weight and clearance issues with rocks. Telling me pro rider using 7 speed for fun ?  Or company that sponsor him 9 speed cog-set ask him to take out 2 of the cogs for advertistment sake ? Get facts right before posting, else end up looking stupid. Stupid looking enough already.

crankiest,
do back up your accusation. To my knowledge, i haven't spammed anyone nor given other users email to anyone. Either proof, or eat your own foot.

Will the above mentioned post a reply regarding comparing price of different grade components, which was, after all, the main issue ?
"

Haha nice reply!  Bro, u looks pro man! Good luck to yr sales and be prepared for bombardment from some forumers who think they are senior enough to teach others a few lessons.

Regular Forumer
926 posts

Singapore
Posted on: 21st Sep 2009 10:51 AM    Quote and Reply

Quote:
"Formerly posted by thewhitebunny12: Now to address the personal attacks :
Finn,
"

You are seriously a joke.  "Generous helping of grease on threaded parts". 
Obviously you've never come across something call loctite. 
And my lbs helps and taught me to tune my gears anytime for free as long as the bike was bought there, and for loitering around there to steal some knowledge.
You overcharge your "services" using grease and you call it a personal attack?

Also, a "non-workable" brake and "inefficient" brake is different situation. 
If someone's hydraulic brake fails at BT hill, and you intend to repair it by rebleeding?  I would rather take a taxi.

Old Salt Forumer
907 posts

Posted on: 21st Sep 2009 11:16 AM    Quote and Reply

Quote:
"Formerly posted by Finn:

You are seriously a joke.  "Generous helping of grease on threaded parts".

"

Generous helping of grease is good; on a part call the anus.

Quote:

Obviously you've never come across something call loctite. 

"

Not too good for the part call anus.

Quote:

Also, a "non-workable" brake and "inefficient" brake is different situation. 

"

Have to learn when to stop and withdrawn, very dangerous situation. Could be something you are not prepared for.

Regular Forumer
1,290 posts

Singapore
Riding:
Login to see your Forum Rankings