Topic: beware of scammer PM you to deal and arrange shipment

Posted on: 15th Jan 2018 7:48 AM    Quote and Reply

Recently I received offer for 2 items ads that I post for sell. This playrainbow2 request me to email him at ba3220433@gmail.com. I replied only cash deal and please SMS me then he didn't reply. After few days he post the same message to the other item that I posted too. I think this is scammer who targeting around for desperate seller.

I saw his joined date is recently 16 Jan 2018. So I go to google and did some searching, many online seller feedback they received and email reply with attachment of invoice. after clicking it will bring you to fake google login page and that's how some careless people will enter their password and thus the account will be hack.

So seller please beware and don't feel happy too early as someone interested to buy your items.

Regular Forumer
27 posts
Forum Rep: 2

Singapore
Posted on: 15th Jan 2018 12:13 PM    Quote and Reply

Thanks for the headsup!! I just received a few buy requests too.

Hope Togoparts can Ban his account to prevent further soliciting to trap innocent people.

"Playrainbow2" with gmail account ba3220433@gmail.com 

CHeers

Freshie Forumer
5 posts
Forum Rep: 7

Riding:
Posted on: 16th Jan 2018 5:44 PM    Quote and Reply

I got this scammer before email address look similar but changed nick.

if you go all the way, ended in paypal which you send the payment request to them.
and he will reply to you that he had done the payment.
you will not see that payment until he receive the item which he claims is under USA paypal law.

I stop my transaction there and blocked him.

Do what u deem is correct and be responsible on your own actions

Blog on My Cycling Journey including slimming down; https://thecyclingjourney.blogspot.sg

https://www.instagram.com/terencetan1978/?hl=en

Marketplace selling list: http://www.togoparts.com/marketplace/listings.php?range=5&lat=1.2945599446037&lng=103.8383102417&item=new-used&uname=terencetan1978&location=

Build on Fuji SL1.1: http://www.togoparts.com/forum/showthread.php?fid=29&tid=78278&loc=active&cb=showforum.php%3Ffid%3D29%26page_id%3D1&highlight=

Build on Sworks SL6 Tarmac: http://www.togoparts.com/forum/showthread.php?fid=29&tid=79128&page_id=-1#last
'Togo Admin'
181 posts
Forum Rep: 79

Riding:
Posted on: 16th Jan 2018 9:11 PM    Quote and Reply

Thanks pal. I received a message from the same account and asked for my email. Responded via Togoparts but there is no response. 

Freshie Forumer
1 posts
Forum Rep: 1

Singapore
Posted on: 17th Jan 2018 10:11 AM    Quote and Reply

And the PayPal email goes like this. Be v wary of this motherless fcker. 

Dear Valued Customer,

Payments by PayPalYou have an Instant Payment of SG:$112 from (ba3220433@gmail.com) to your Paypal account (xxxxxx@yahoo.com.sg)

This PayPal Payment has been deducted from the buyer's account but can not be credited into your account until you send us shipment confirmation E.G Tracking Number or a copy of the Shipment Receipt.

You can now go and ship out the buyer's merchandise and send the tracking number to us.

Regular Forumer
12 posts

Posted on: 17th Jan 2018 11:03 AM    Quote and Reply

PayPal will only release payment when you bought something on eBay and upon received the item you give a positive feedback then the money will credited to seller account.

If buyer straight send money from his PayPal to your account it will be credit immediately. No need to wait as there isn't involve any online retailer transaction.

If you really ship item to other counter make sure send by registered post with tracking only. Cause if buyer report he never receive the package and insist asking for refund PayPal will refund it to buyer if you cannot prove the delivery.

Regular Forumer
27 posts

Singapore
Posted on: 17th Jan 2018 4:22 PM    Quote and Reply

Omg, I almost decided to deal with him!

Now thinking of how to troll...XD

Regular Forumer
91 posts
Forum Rep: 10

Posted on: 17th Jan 2018 6:05 PM    Quote and Reply

Wow. Thanks for notifying us!

Freshie Forumer
9 posts
Forum Rep: 3

Posted on: 18th Jan 2018 11:22 PM    Quote and Reply

pls dont get the bike from this person.he will req to transfer deposit than he dissappear.
seller acc.   gadgetriders45 .nickname, chuawei49.contact no 86177504 .he will send u an ic pic name woo chee meng ic.S8728699A , address 734 yishun ave 5 #06-402 S760734
mostly his post all santa cruz bike.
he will try to convine u by sending his ic n pic to u. than he will mia after received ur deposit.

Pls do take note.

Freshie Forumer
1 posts
Forum Rep: 1

Singapore
Posted on: 19th Jan 2018 5:53 AM    Quote and Reply

did you went to the address and find out if he using someone else NRIC? if yes then can file a police record as this is consider crime.

Regular Forumer
27 posts

Singapore
Posted on: 19th Jan 2018 5:28 PM    Quote and Reply

Same person using 'ba3220433@gmail.com':
playrainbow2 - Joined 12th Jan 2018

His/Her msg, is always the same:
Hi! Is it still for sale? Email me to ba320432@gmail.com"> ba320432@gmail.com to schedule meet up or shipment.

And he/she never replied my PMs. Extremely doggy.

The msg set off alarms!

Have a safe & enjoyable ride!

Regular Forumer
719 posts
Forum Rep: 35

Singapore
Riding:
Login to see your Forum Rankings