Topic: Marketplace improvements

Posted on: 10th Oct 2011 3:44 PM    Quote and Reply

Just a thought to improve the marketplace.

In the complete bikes section, how about your ask for the bike size and then post that in the title of the ad.  That way there's no need to open an ad to find the bike the size - this is usually the most important aspect of the bike ad.  Often times i guess the size from the pic, then open to find it's the wrong size.

Same with wheels - if selling a wheelset, need to know if it's Campy or Shimano/SRAM freehub - put that in the ad title.    
Freshie Forumer
9 posts
Forum Rep: 0

Singapore
Posted on: 10th Oct 2011 6:25 PM    Quote and Reply

Another suggestion from my experience of just posting up two ads- increase the image size limit please. We live in an era where a large percentage of pictures you see online are captured by high res DSLRs, surely the crisp resolution of these images won't be within the 1MB limit that TGP sets right? This is just a suggestion, as I have noticed more ads don't have an accompanying image, maybe due to more users having pictures of more than 1MB? Just an observation, correct me if i'm wrong =)

Regular Forumer
104 posts

Singapore
Posted on: 11th Oct 2011 12:19 AM    Quote and Reply

Quote:
"Formerly posted by hellopeople: Another suggestion from my experience of just posting up two ads- increase the image size limit please. We live in an era where a large percentage of pictures you see online are captured by high res DSLRs, surely the crisp resolution of these images won't be within the 1MB limit that TGP sets right? This is just a suggestion, as I have noticed more ads don't have an accompanying image, maybe due to more users having pictures of more than 1MB? Just an observation, correct me if i'm wrong =)"

Shoot using your camera phone set at 2 megapixels is enough, forget about DSLR pictures. Photos in ads are not in for photo competition, so those high-res ones that is Mbs in size get rejected for sure.

I think it is to conserve bandwidth in their servers.  But if you think you want to show off your photos taken from DSLR, togoparts is really not your playground.

Regular Forumer
209 posts

Singapore
Posted on: 12th Oct 2011 12:08 PM    Quote and Reply

Quote:
"Formerly posted by fugthepug:
Quote:
"Formerly posted by hellopeople: Another suggestion from my experience of just posting up two ads- increase the image size limit please. We live in an era where a large percentage of pictures you see online are captured by high res DSLRs, surely the crisp resolution of these images won't be within the 1MB limit that TGP sets right? This is just a suggestion, as I have noticed more ads don't have an accompanying image, maybe due to more users having pictures of more than 1MB? Just an observation, correct me if i'm wrong =)"

Shoot using your camera phone set at 2 megapixels is enough, forget about DSLR pictures. Photos in ads are not in for photo competition, so those high-res ones that is Mbs in size get rejected for sure.

I think it is to conserve bandwidth in their servers.  But if you think you want to show off your photos taken from DSLR, togoparts is really not your playground.
"

Nope, didn't use a DSLR to take the 'FB-linked' photos in my ad, just a digital camera to take a few shots of my helmet and headset. And yes, I do agree that a simple phone camera shot of the product will do but sometimes the pictures turn out to be too unclear and blurry. Maybe due to my poor photog skills?

Regular Forumer
104 posts

Singapore
Login to see your Forum Rankings