Topic: Need some advice on choosing a hybrid bike for commuting

Posted on: 19th Jun 2019 1:39 PM    Quote and Reply

My commute to work is mostly PCN, but some parts on pavement and some parts on road. The pavement can be quite rough because broken up by tree roots. 

I'm not familiar with bikes so really a newbie and appreciate any suggestions for specific models or features! For example, what type of tires, size of tires, do I need suspension? I may want to cycle a bit off-road like on rail corridor, but not super rough terrain. 

Regular Forumer
20 posts
Forum Rep: 0

Singapore
Posted on: 19th Jun 2019 3:51 PM    Quote and Reply

Quote:
"Formerly posted by redryder: My commute to work is mostly PCN, but some parts on pavement and some parts on road. The pavement can be quite rough because broken up by tree roots. 

I'm not familiar with bikes so really a newbie and appreciate any suggestions for specific models or features! For example, what type of tires, size of tires, do I need suspension? I may want to cycle a bit off-road like on rail corridor, but not super rough terrain. 

"

I think a fully rigid 29er would make a great all terrain bike? Some peeps do trails on them on top of roads and feel having 2 wheelsets makes sense but others feel its just a matter of pumping up pressure for roads/trails with the correct all terrain tire choice ^^

Regular Forumer
191 posts
Forum Rep: 32

Singapore
Login to see your Forum Rankings