Topic: Red and Blue Lights

Posted on: 6th May 2016 6:43 PM    Quote and Reply

Hi All,

Is it illegal in Singapore to have the red and blue light combination behind the bike flashing at the same time? If no, then would I get stopped by the police/TP/LTA more often for questioning because of the combination?

Thanks.
Regular Forumer
10 posts
Forum Rep: 0

Singapore
Posted on: 6th May 2016 7:40 PM    Quote and Reply

yes it is as red and blue are the sirun of police cars nd they might be curious that are u a cop on bike.

Go Ride ur life Out
Regular Forumer
44 posts
Forum Rep: 7

Singapore
Riding:
Posted on: 6th May 2016 10:13 PM    Quote and Reply

I saw some cops on bikes at East Coast Park a couple of weeks back - they were tucking into latte's and cakes at Starbucks....lol

Regular Forumer
2,625 posts
Forum Rep: 234

Posted on: 6th May 2016 10:27 PM    Quote and Reply

Extracted from the Road Traffic Act (Chapter 276, Section 140)

"Restriction on nature of lights

(1)  No bicycle shall show a red light to the front.

Hope the above info helps to clarify your query.

I have no respect for irresponsible drivers. Neither do I have any respect for irresponsible cyclists and pedestrians. Its not one rule for "them" and another rule for "us".
Regular Forumer
223 posts
Forum Rep: 22

Singapore
Riding:
Posted on: 16th May 2016 9:41 AM    Quote and Reply

Quote:
"Formerly posted by worldsofmind: Extracted from the Road Traffic Act (Chapter 276, Section 140)

"Restriction on nature of lights

(1)  No bicycle shall show a red light to the front.

Hope the above info helps to clarify your query. :)"

Show that to those clowns using red lights in front. Which dimwit thot that was a good idea????

Have a safe & enjoyable ride!

Regular Forumer
719 posts
Forum Rep: 35

Singapore
Riding:
Posted on: 18th May 2016 1:23 PM    Quote and Reply

Some cyclist still don't know the colour light requirements for front and rear. 
In their minds, it is just ''as long as front and rear got light, other people can see, everything okay''

Maybe if you encounter those cyclists with red light at the front or white light at the rear, or even having red and blue lights, you can kindly inform them to change. No harm informing them, unless they become violent after you inform them. LOL

Lorenzo Sim

Bike Technics Mechanic
Freshie Forumer
2 posts
Forum Rep: 0

Riding:
Posted on: 24th May 2016 9:20 AM    Quote and Reply

Ya is true, some pp dun like to be told. Coud ended up in a fight.

Regular Forumer
245 posts
Forum Rep: 16

Singapore
Posted on: 24th May 2016 9:50 AM    Quote and Reply

I don't think that the RTA applies to Park bicycle tracks and PCN's that aren't classed as roads, not sure about the PCN's that are basically enhanced footways at the side of the road, but they are managed by Nparks (NEA) not the LTA.

The restrictions on the use of lights in the RTA only applies to bikes being used on the road, PCN's I don't think the LTA / TP will stop you except on the underpasses / overhead bridges which are generally classed as footways and you are not allowed to ride a bike anyway.

Regular Forumer
2,625 posts
Forum Rep: 234

Login to see your Forum Rankings