Posted on: 14th Mar 2016 11:31 PM    Quote and Reply

maybe u guys can name the place u bought this lubricants

Freshie Forumer
4 posts
Forum Rep: 3

Singapore
Posted on: 15th Mar 2016 7:45 AM    Quote and Reply

Quote:
"Formerly posted by SgtJoe86: Hi albatross, is there any adverse/negative reaction if I continue to use the motorbike chain spray? Since it's already bought, don't want to waste it :p

But if it is going to affect the bike negatively, then I better throw that away before any permanent damage sets in."

Regarding motorcycle lube on bicycle chains I hold a different view. Motorcycle chains move much faster than bicycle chains. Therefore motorcycle lube needs to be thicker to stay on. This has two cons when applied to bicycle chains. 

Firstly, it is inefficient. It takes much more effort to overcome the thick sticky motorcycle lube.

Secondly, it attracts dirt more easily. This will shorten chain life.

Since you are already applying motorcycle lube, I would strongly recommend you to get a bicycle lube to compare the difference. You need a degreaser to completely remove the motorcycle lube before re-applying bicycle lube. 

Regular Forumer
343 posts
Forum Rep: 15

Singapore
Riding:
Posted on: 15th Mar 2016 8:23 AM    Quote and Reply

Quote:
"Formerly posted by Velomobile: Regarding motorcycle lube on bicycle chains I hold a different view. Motorcycle chains move much faster than bicycle chains. Therefore motorcycle lube needs to be thicker to stay on. This has two cons when applied to bicycle chains. 

Firstly, it is inefficient. It takes much more effort to overcome the thick sticky motorcycle lube.

Secondly, it attracts dirt more easily. This will shorten chain life.

Since you are already applying motorcycle lube, I would strongly recommend you to get a bicycle lube to compare the difference. You need a degreaser to completely remove the motorcycle lube before re-applying bicycle lube. 

"

Thanks for the advise. I'll make a trip down to my nearby LBS to get the degreaser and the lub. Only sian thing is that all the LBS I know doesn't open on Sunday :-/
Probably a delivery from e-Store Togoparts?

Regular Forumer
178 posts
Forum Rep: 36

Singapore
Riding:
Login to see your Forum Rankings