Topic: Whats is the current NS practice?

Posted on: 8th Jun 2015 6:30 AM    Quote and Reply

Heard latest is: no chin up since too many operationally not ready for chin up. When will we have not IPPT?
Regular Forumer
6,193 posts
Forum Rep: 42

Singapore
Posted on: 8th Jun 2015 3:40 PM    Quote and Reply

Wait long long?? 😅

"Can't shit dun blame the hard floor"
Old Salt Forumer
1,336 posts
Forum Rep: 3

Singapore
Riding:
Posted on: 9th Jun 2015 1:17 PM    Quote and Reply

Push up, situp and running lor.. indeed no chinup

Regular Forumer
871 posts
Forum Rep: 102

Singapore
Riding:
Posted on: 9th Jun 2015 7:22 PM    Quote and Reply

Current record is 69 push up in 1 min, 73 sit up in 1 min and 8.49 min for 2.4km. Full points. By a lady. 

Regular Forumer
343 posts
Forum Rep: 15

Singapore
Riding:
Posted on: 9th Jun 2015 8:20 PM    Quote and Reply

Many thanks to you all.
I were wondering if we would consider cycling next? Cycling helped during the WW2 and Vietnam War. Cycling can be helpful with the current 'war' against daily peak-hours motorised traffic jams. I believe can be faster transport during such peak-hours motorised traffic jams to be cycling instead. I used to do so during peak-hours when my work required me to visit 2 to 3 work places within the daylight hours. 

Regular Forumer
6,193 posts

Singapore
Posted on: 9th Jun 2015 10:28 PM    Quote and Reply

i dun think they can affort the time to put someone on the bike trainer and montitor or let them endure at 30km speed for 2 hrs xD

Regular Forumer
871 posts
Forum Rep: 102

Singapore
Riding:
Posted on: 10th Jun 2015 2:25 AM    Quote and Reply

The idea pop-up since we have train breakdowns more frequently, and the buses may not cope well with the breakdowns. The high COE means lesser people drive around.

Regular Forumer
6,193 posts

Singapore
Posted on: 10th Jun 2015 11:28 AM    Quote and Reply

The issue would be the weather.... It is too hot and humid during daylight hours 😳

"Can't shit dun blame the hard floor"
Old Salt Forumer
1,336 posts

Singapore
Riding:
Posted on: 10th Jun 2015 1:45 PM    Quote and Reply

They should include both pushups and pullups in IPPT. Training only push movements can lead to muscle imbalance. NS nowadays is pathetic.

Regular Forumer
1,348 posts

Singapore
Posted on: 10th Jun 2015 4:01 PM    Quote and Reply

One of my engineers just back off a 3 year deferred Reservist due to working overseas failed his IPPT. He's got 12 weeks of RT and he's never going to pass, that's a lot of time to give up for free. seriously should people be punished like this after NS it's his choice to be a fat bastard, he's done his duty, does the country really need 35 year old reservists that can jog along east coast?

i did warn him that he would be in the shit if he carried on consuming and doing nothing he was going to get in the shit so perhaps it's his own stupid fault

Regular Forumer
2,625 posts
Forum Rep: 234

Posted on: 10th Jun 2015 7:57 PM    Quote and Reply

Quote:
"Formerly posted by chdennis: The issue would be the weather.... It is too hot and humid during daylight hours 😳"
So lucky, only caught in the rain average of twice a year so far. Hot weather is irregular encounter. On Saturdays I would start around 5am for 40Km trip (sight-seeing cum training cum commuting to work). Afternoon, I would do the 10-minutes interval to reach home (nearby). Lol.

Regular Forumer
6,193 posts

Singapore
Login to see your Forum Rankings