1,372 posts
Forum Rep: 23

Singapore
Riding:
Posted on: 22nd Nov 2013 4:13 AM    Quote and Reply

Quote:
"Formerly posted by WD_40Bike:
Quote:
"Formerly posted by MP3juz4u: I have yet to purchase the WD40 for bicycle. But does it still smell as bad? I prefer GT85 for the nice smell."

In regards to this I have no idea at the moment, but will definitely feedback to HQ on this issue. Hopefully the issue does not persist anymore "
I believe we all would appreciate if they do not introduce coachroaches into our houses with lemon fragrance.

Regular Forumer
6,196 posts
Forum Rep: 44

Singapore
Posted on: 22nd Nov 2013 4:17 AM    Quote and Reply

Quote:
Quote:
"Formerly posted by rbc1891: Used WD40 for chain cleaning and 1 short race chain lubricant. Now switched to cheaper brands."

Oh did you import in yourself? Just curious haha "
Bought during promotion, Thailand made RP7 available from NTUC Hypermarket. Got even cheaper China made brands at budget shops.

Regular Forumer
6,196 posts

Singapore
Posted on: 22nd Nov 2013 4:18 AM    Quote and Reply

Quote:
"Formerly posted by nolight: I use WD40 non-bike as degreaser for bike."
+1.

Regular Forumer
6,196 posts

Singapore
Posted on: 22nd Nov 2013 4:21 AM    Quote and Reply

Quote:
"Formerly posted by WD_40Bike: Went to Chinatown Bike terminal today but didnt managed to get hold of the boss. Apparently they did parallel import for the products. Pricing for the items were all quite expensive except for the lube which were priced reasonably at $15. 

The normal WD-40 which comes in the lube containment is priced at $15 for 4oz, which is too expensive. Normal wd-40 is priced at $6.30 for 3 oz and $6.90 for 191ml.

The rest of the cleaning of the items are priced at $25 which inclue degreaser, foam wash and frame protectant.

I expect price to be lowered once we bring it in to the market.

Good news is, I'm 80% sure it will appear in the Singapore market.

:) "
Established brand usually a little higher priced, but I buy cheaper ones if it can work equally well for me (not tried others for chain-lubricant )

Regular Forumer
6,196 posts

Singapore
Posted on: 22nd Nov 2013 7:43 AM    Quote and Reply

Quote:
"Formerly posted by nolight: I use WD40 non-bike as degreaser for bike."

Not recommended. 

Regular Forumer
599 posts
Forum Rep: 16

Singapore
Riding:
Posted on: 22nd Nov 2013 9:43 PM    Quote and Reply

Bike specific stuff is often an excuse to charge a premium. It's like calling fuel Ferrari-specific fuel.

Regular Forumer
1,348 posts
Forum Rep: 3

Singapore
Posted on: 22nd Nov 2013 9:50 PM    Quote and Reply

Quote:
"Formerly posted by nolight:
Bike specific stuff is often an excuse to charge a premium. It's like calling fuel Ferrari-specific fuel."

Its a niche market so I think for price wise they are currently set by the market leaders. I agree with your observation but have to say this is sort of like human perception i guess? Just like if you buy a cherry qq and you buy a ferrari, the treatment to the car is definitely different. I wouldnt say all products are worth every penny they are paid for, but definitely there are great products out there which charge higher prices and are worth while to get it 

Regular Forumer
15 posts
Forum Rep: 1

Singapore
Posted on: 22nd Nov 2013 9:51 PM    Quote and Reply

Quote:
"Formerly posted by rbc1891:
Quote:
Quote:
"Formerly posted by rbc1891: Used WD40 for chain cleaning and 1 short race chain lubricant. Now switched to cheaper brands."

Oh did you import in yourself? Just curious haha "
Bought during promotion, Thailand made RP7 available from NTUC Hypermarket. Got even cheaper China made brands at budget shops. "

As long everything is fine its up to personal choice (Y) :) 

Regular Forumer
15 posts
Forum Rep: 1

Singapore
Posted on: 23rd Nov 2013 7:03 AM    Quote and Reply

Quote:
"Formerly posted by nolight:
Bike specific stuff is often an excuse to charge a premium. It's like calling fuel Ferrari-specific fuel."

If you want to go WD-40 for your bike components go ahead but I don't know of any mechanic who would recommend that you do so.

And, if you feel that WD-40 for Bike is just a relabeling of the original, then, use something else that you don't think is a rip-off like paint thinner.

Regular Forumer
599 posts
Forum Rep: 16

Singapore
Riding:
Login to see your Forum Rankings