Topic: Why losing weight is not about eating less fat

Posted on: 8th Aug 2013 12:36 PM    Quote and Reply

This guy seems to know what he is talking about and looks at nutrition from a bigger picture. He looks at different examples of food and why they are good or bad for weight loss.

It is not just about calories in = calories out, or eating less fat, but also about:

- keeping liver healthy cos fat burning hormones go to the liver
- protein for fat burning
- vegetable to clean up fat in liver
- cutting carbohydrates especially fast digesting carbs particularly for people with low metabolism (as a side note, increase metabolism through high intensity exercise helps!)
- best food is high in protein, low in fast digesting carbs, low in fats, high in nutrients

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xGZZESrXSgw

Regular Forumer
1,348 posts
Forum Rep: 3

Singapore
Posted on: 8th Aug 2013 9:57 PM    Quote and Reply

"- best food is high in protein, low in fast digesting carbs, low in fats, high in nutrients"

Let's just get straight to the point and list out all the local foods that fulfills the above requirement.

Lor Sor Forumer
1,105 posts
Forum Rep: 5

Singapore
Riding:
Posted on: 9th Aug 2013 12:20 AM    Quote and Reply

Diet should be balanced to cover all areas, but some of the good food to eat for me in general include:

Vegetables - often low in carbs, low in fat, high in nutrients and a must have for cleaning up fat and I heard keeping an alkali environment
Fish - often high in protein, low in carbs, low in fat
Egg - quite high in protein, low in carbs, high in nutrients
Fruits - often low in fast digesting carbs, low in fats, high in nutrients

I always try to make sure I have vegetables and meat as highest priority, followed by other things.

Regular Forumer
1,348 posts
Forum Rep: 3

Singapore
Posted on: 9th Aug 2013 12:53 AM    Quote and Reply

vege protein likeTofu, lentils, nuts, and most other types of pulses- .....chicken breast meat and lean cuts of pork too - but the decent stuff (not factory farmed and pumped full of more drugs than lance armstrong) can be quite expensive

Regular Forumer
2,625 posts
Forum Rep: 234

Posted on: 4th Feb 2017 1:21 PM    Quote and Reply

To loose weight, a proper amount of nutrition and balanced diet should be taken.

Freshie Forumer
4 posts
Forum Rep: 0

Malaysia
Posted on: 25th Sep 2017 12:01 PM    Quote and Reply

I totally agree with you. Many people are not aware about the exact methods for weight loss. Some start dieting to lose weight. But I think it is necessary to know about the exact and appropariate methods to lose pounds. I have seen many people going for thé cellulite for weight loss. Losing weight by choosing the right ways will always benefit the body.

Freshie Forumer
2 posts
Forum Rep: 1

United States
Posted on: 25th Sep 2017 7:16 PM    Quote and Reply

my formula to weight loss:

z4, z5, z6 workouts or frequent racing

and eat whole foods as much as possible. Means no white rice, no noodles. whole foods, wholefoods and wholefoods. 

Lor Sor Forumer
1,105 posts
Forum Rep: 5

Singapore
Riding:
Login to see your Forum Rankings