Topic: Are LCK, Neo Tee, Seletar/Punggol, Tampines Industrial safe from stray dogs at night?

Posted on: 17th Jun 2013 5:44 PM    Quote and Reply

Quote:
"Formerly posted by nolight:
It's probably just a nightmare."

It's quite scary really but i feel that dogs are still man's best friend, just that we are in their path at night with some silly blinking lights they cant understand, especially when we get nearer to them with 2 legs going round and round they get too excited and if one of the alpha or bravo male give chase, that's the trigger the whole pack is going to have fun running after you, i heard of people who stop riding and dismounted from bike and all these chasing stopped...just that i dont have enough guts to try it out knowing i can outcycle them...by calling AVA and if they are caught thats most likely an end to their life which i find myself hard to do ley...

Regular Forumer
62 posts
Forum Rep: 0

Singapore
Posted on: 17th Jun 2013 8:28 PM    Quote and Reply

Quote:
You got broad daylight version too?

Regular Forumer
6,195 posts
Forum Rep: 42

Singapore
Posted on: 17th Jun 2013 8:33 PM    Quote and Reply

Quote:
"Formerly posted by Adrakky:
Quote:

It's quite scary really but i feel that dogs are still man's best friend, just that we are in their path at night with some silly blinking lights they cant understand, especially when we get nearer to them with 2 legs going round and round they get too excited and if one of the alpha or bravo male give chase, that's the trigger the whole pack is going to have fun running after you, i heard of people who stop riding and dismounted from bike and all these chasing stopped...just that i dont have enough guts to try it out knowing i can outcycle them...by calling AVA and if they are caught thats most likely an end to their life which i find myself hard to do ley..."
I had pat many dogs. I had out-accelerated many dogs with my cycling. What if I had failed to out-accelerated them? Would I be here to share all the safety precautions with real life encounters I had, hoping none of you have to entertain similar risks/danger/injuries? 

Regular Forumer
6,195 posts
Forum Rep: 42

Singapore
Posted on: 17th Jun 2013 9:24 PM    Quote and Reply

Quote:
"Formerly posted by rbc1891:
Quote:
You got broad daylight version too?"

Most strays are active at night time, when the moon is full. Hardly got a daytime attack ley brudder although not totally unheard of...

Regular Forumer
62 posts

Singapore
Posted on: 15th May 2017 7:03 PM    Quote and Reply

Hi fellow cyclists,

i was was chased by dogs while I was Cycling along Seletar North Link around 5am yesterday. This was the 3rd time I was chased by (I think) the same peck. Luckily, managed to outran them. Don't wish to have similar encounter again and hope no one got attacked by any of them!

Regular Forumer
16 posts
Forum Rep: 1

Singapore
Posted on: 2nd Jul 2017 3:35 PM    Quote and Reply

Quote:
"Formerly posted by mercury1971: Hi fellow cyclists,

i was was chased by dogs while I was Cycling along Seletar North Link around 5am yesterday. This was the 3rd time I was chased by (I think) the same peck. Luckily, managed to outran them. Don't wish to have similar encounter again and hope no one got attacked by any of them!

"

Hi Mercury1971, 

I encountered your ordeal last night and i really really have to cycle like hell to outran them :( 

Freshie Forumer
2 posts

Posted on: 31st Aug 2017 9:34 AM    Quote and Reply

Same here. Got chased by 2 dogs at Seletar Northlink for 2 nights straight at around 1am. Yesterday and the night before. Didnt really outrun them, they stopped chasing after I'm out of their territory. At about 36km/hr they were still right beside me. Quite a scary experience, one of them were so close to my right leg, it could have jumped to bite if it want to.  They tend to ambush from the walkway and chase you from behind..

i have riden that area many times before and saw those dogs but never once they chased me until 2 nights ago. 

Freshie Forumer
1 posts

Singapore
Posted on: 1st Sep 2017 6:22 PM    Quote and Reply

Ya... I always prefer to cycle around 5am but always worry about stray dogs. Guess they only laying out in the open during night time and before the sun rises.

Regular Forumer
16 posts
Forum Rep: 1

Singapore
Login to see your Forum Rankings