Topic: Are LCK, Neo Tee, Seletar/Punggol, Tampines Industrial safe from stray dogs at night?

Posted on: 20th Apr 2013 9:26 PM    Quote and Reply

I plan to do round island route at night, starting 2am but my concerms are mainly the stray dogs in those queite roads.... anyone have any issues at night in these roads?
Lor Sor Forumer
1,105 posts
Forum Rep: 5

Singapore
Riding:
Posted on: 20th Apr 2013 9:46 PM    Quote and Reply

Have previously encountered stray dogs crossing road near construction area at Jalan Bahar near NTU while cycling at 4-5am once. But I cycle those areas quite frequently in morning.

Regular Forumer
1,348 posts
Forum Rep: 3

Singapore
Posted on: 20th Apr 2013 9:59 PM    Quote and Reply

May be at Seletar North Link/Yishun Avenue 1 junction vicinity. Not sure of other places along regular round island route. Some pepper sprays may be helpful without harming them.

Regular Forumer
6,195 posts
Forum Rep: 42

Singapore
Posted on: 20th Apr 2013 10:19 PM    Quote and Reply

Quite a few stray dogs hang around the Kranji reservoir Dam. Also lots of strays long Neo Teo road coz of all te vegetation. Ride that route frequently at about 2am, and generally undisturbed. Dogs also usually get out of the way

Regular Forumer
31 posts
Forum Rep: 0

Singapore
Posted on: 20th Apr 2013 10:19 PM    Quote and Reply

strays along seletar north link don't bother cyclists so no worries.

Regular Forumer
14 posts

Singapore
Posted on: 20th Apr 2013 10:31 PM    Quote and Reply

Do you think the blinding blinking lights will agitate them?

Lor Sor Forumer
1,105 posts
Forum Rep: 5

Singapore
Riding:
Posted on: 20th Apr 2013 10:40 PM    Quote and Reply

try not to use lorong harlus to connect to pasir ris, if you are riding alone. the stray packs there does behave quite aggressively some times. i have encountered them twice. once, it was quite bad that i had to hold up bike like a shield and retreat slowly.

Regular Forumer
10 posts

Singapore
Riding:
Posted on: 20th Apr 2013 10:40 PM    Quote and Reply

Bismillah and whack only

I'm just here to tone my belly
Regular Forumer
741 posts
Forum Rep: 2

Singapore
Riding:
Posted on: 20th Apr 2013 11:27 PM    Quote and Reply

Mankul bro, the LCK lane 6 i ever kena farm dogs chasing me b4. twice. 1st time an old dog attempted to chased me and it fall into longkang while chase me. secondly is 4 farm dogs attempted to chase me, and i stop my bike and freezed there using my bike to block them away. they go bak their farm which they guarding. this is during daytime. 

Regular Forumer
1,342 posts
Forum Rep: 17

Singapore
Riding:
Posted on: 20th Apr 2013 11:38 PM    Quote and Reply

Quote:
"Formerly posted by Stiffler:  Bismillah and whack only"

THIS. ;D

i know about none of the above mentioned places. but i got chased by a pack of em near the start of the changi runway at the changi village side.

Raleigh M20 > Trek 3500 > KTM UltraSport > GT i-drive 7.0
Regular Forumer
51 posts

Singapore
Riding:
Posted on: 21st Apr 2013 5:37 AM    Quote and Reply

Quote:
"Formerly posted by Mankul: Do you think the blinding blinking lights will agitate them?"

Strays cats around my place scattered when they saw the blinking lights, but not sure about stray dogs.

Regular Forumer
6,195 posts
Forum Rep: 42

Singapore
Login to see your Forum Rankings