Topic: Pay pal scam or DHL

Posted on: 1st Jul 2019 12:02 PM    Quote and Reply

Dear all, recently a near missed for me falling into a scammer. I would like to share this so as all the sellers or buyers will take precaution measures. Recently I got a buyer that WhatsApp me with the number +61 , said he is in Australia working and wanted to buy the bike for his Son in Phillipines. 
He wanted to deal with the transaction via PayPal. Sound legit. After awhile I received a paypal email address: service@intl.paypal.com."> service@intl.paypal.com. The amount with additional $500 for the deal that the buyer transferred. However, the additional amount of $500 I need to pay for Transportation Fee. Which I have to go western union to remit it. LOL.. this is so obverse a scam. 
The whole dealing from conversation with the buyer to the paypal transaction if one do not know the details and thought a Deal is closed... might fell into this trap. After I went through some other forum and also paypal forum ....many are being cheated and that has been years. Please beware. 
Freshie Forumer
4 posts
Forum Rep: 1

Singapore
Posted on: 4th Jul 2019 1:18 PM    Quote and Reply

Many thanks. This is educational.

Regular Forumer
6,195 posts
Forum Rep: 42

Singapore
Posted on: 26th Sep 2019 11:13 PM    Quote and Reply

Hello everyone, 

I would like to report similar story 25th September 2019

The person is looking to buy a bike for his son in Philippines. He is willing
to pay full asking price,
to deal with delivery,
to buy size 58 frames for 172cm athlete...

Just dumb.. 

Below copy paste of the WhatsApp 

+61 488 893 241
I'm actually buying it for my son as his birthday gift, currently studying aviation in the Philippines, he's a bike lover :)
they dont really have authentic bikes down there, i'm willing to arrange the shipping of the bike...
Just go to your paypal account, find where it says "request money" click on it and follow up, send me the request of the total cost to suanpoventures@gmail.com"> suanpoventures@gmail.com

I did not go to the invoice process via PayPal, not so sure of the next step, but please be careful. 

Freshie Forumer
1 posts

Posted on: 26th Sep 2019 11:25 PM    Quote and Reply

Yes its the same person or syndicate that is using the same story line. Thanks for sharing. Hope no one get scam by these asssss.. wasting our time too.

Quote:
"Formerly posted by eursgd@yahoo.co."> eursgd@yahoo.co.: Hello everyone, 

I would like to report similar story 25th September 2019

The person is looking to buy a bike for his son in Philippines. He is willing
to pay full asking price,
to deal with delivery,
to buy size 58 frames for 172cm athlete...

Just dumb.. 

Below copy paste of the WhatsApp 

+61 488 893 241
I'm actually buying it for my son as his birthday gift, currently studying aviation in the Philippines, he's a bike lover :)
they dont really have authentic bikes down there, i'm willing to arrange the shipping of the bike...
Just go to your paypal account, find where it says "request money" click on it and follow up, send me the request of the total cost to suanpoventures@gmail.com"> suanpoventures@gmail.com

I did not go to the invoice process via PayPal, not so sure of the next step, but please be careful. "

Freshie Forumer
4 posts

Singapore
Posted on: 27th Sep 2019 3:41 AM    Quote and Reply

Many thanks. This is educational.

Regular Forumer
6,195 posts

Singapore
Posted on: 7th Oct 2019 3:09 PM    Quote and Reply

height 172 bike size 58. This scammer is not even a cyclist haha

30fortycycling.com
Regular Forumer
206 posts
Forum Rep: 2

Posted on: 7th Oct 2019 3:41 PM    Quote and Reply

Cut and paste. Some on YouTube soliciting subscription for sports coaching also are really none sportsmen themselves, and unable to comprehend the rules. Once there was this offer from Dan to coach me for cycling. After a few years, it seems he was advised by his doctor to retire for health reason (could be his training methods unhealthy for him).

Regular Forumer
6,195 posts

Singapore
Login to see your Forum Rankings