Topic: MTB Value in SG

Posted on: 15th Apr 2019 12:33 PM    Quote and Reply

Hi!

New to this forum. but general question because i'm considering selling my MTB.

Its a 2018 Canyon Exceed SLX Pro 

I kaykiang bought last year, use(don't laugh) on PCN and my house garden. 

Now realised spend almost SGD 8K on a bike.. that i use for less than 10 times.. to cycle in my garden.

Last time guai guai cycle garden also thotough clean everything. 

now realise don't know for what also.

I'm not dying to sell it. But keep also no point. 

Question is.. people always say keep this one-of-a-kind bike in SG got value. Will go up. True or not? I feel like value goes down everytime people post their bikes online.

What do you guys think?

Freshie Forumer
1 posts
Forum Rep: 0

Singapore
Posted on: 18th Jun 2019 9:13 AM    Quote and Reply

You must have a really big garden lol. Based on the size of your abode you obviously can easily afford a $8K bike so just enjoy it. It doesnt matter if its under uterlized now as long as you know you will use it when you have the mood. I was crazy about biking back in the 2000s then left the hobby after i was working overseas and now back in the biking hobby and just bought a road bike. I also asked myself if i did the right thing in buying a >$2K bike (all my past bikes are below $1.5K) but i have a good track record in cycling as a hobby throughout my life so i think its worth it. Unless your interest was just a fleeting one or you have totally lost interest.

Once bought everything drops in value even if its a one week old item. If can sell then sell, if cannot sell just keep it.

Freshie Forumer
6 posts
Forum Rep: 0

Singapore
Login to see your Forum Rankings