Topic: Lack of courtesy/manners or just plain rude?

Posted on: 10th Mar 2015 10:56 AM    Quote and Reply

There are so many people that's lacking courtesy/manners or just plain rude.

After I have given them info, these rude people can't be bother to reply with a simple 'thank you'.

Thus these will be getting a negative score in their feedback.

Have a safe & enjoyable ride!

Regular Forumer
720 posts
Forum Rep: 35

Singapore
Riding:
Posted on: 10th Mar 2015 1:20 PM    Quote and Reply

I've come to not expecting anything in return.

What I give, I give freely, knowing that if my help does benefit someone, that's thanks in itself.

Regular Forumer
304 posts
Forum Rep: 5

Riding:
Posted on: 10th Mar 2015 1:33 PM    Quote and Reply

It's still basic courtesy/manners to give thanks for services rendered, info received, etc. Or has S'pore de-generated into such rude behaviour?

Such a sad state.

Regular Forumer
720 posts

Singapore
Riding:
Posted on: 10th Mar 2015 4:22 PM    Quote and Reply

It's called entitlement.

I'm entitled to be helped so thanks are not required.

Regular Forumer
304 posts
Forum Rep: 5

Riding:
Posted on: 10th Mar 2015 5:48 PM    Quote and Reply

Since they are 'entitled' to behave in such un-civil manner, I am entitled to give them negative feedback and will not sell or buy from them.

Regular Forumer
720 posts

Singapore
Riding:
Posted on: 10th Mar 2015 7:14 PM    Quote and Reply

It takes all sort of people to make a world. Many people can have many ideas. Some people can volunteer without expecting/looking forward to be thanked. Some people may even expect their victim(s) to apologise/prove before admitting mistake(s).
Example: someone said 'IF'

Its gracious to be thankful. But can be disappointing to be expecting it from others.

Perhaps some of us are transforming towards less gracious sate of civilisation, so will not be so thankful for help received.

Regular Forumer
6,187 posts
Forum Rep: 42

Singapore
Posted on: 10th Mar 2015 11:09 PM    Quote and Reply

small thing only, more serious stuff are, they "screw around with u (die hard low balling or indecisiveness)" or fly aeroplane on you, then that would warrant a bad feedback

Regular Forumer
871 posts
Forum Rep: 102

Singapore
Riding:
Posted on: 11th Mar 2015 12:07 AM    Quote and Reply

It's a matter of basic courtsey or manners.

When someone opens a door for you, you should at least ack the gesture with a simple nod, or smile. Saying cheers/tia/thanks is good manners.

Rushing through the door is just plain fraking rude.

A simple message: Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
It seems our behaviour, as a society, has grown increasingly worse and worse. It has de-generated to the point of being un-civilised. And people do not know how to say thank you anymore.

Quote:
"Formerly posted by albatross: small thing only, more serious stuff are, they "screw around with u (die hard low balling or indecisiveness)" or fly aeroplane on you, then that would warrant a bad feedback"

That's serious and deserve a blackmark. People should be warned about these people via the forum and feedback system.

Quote:
"Formerly posted by rbc1891:
Its gracious to be thankful. But can be disappointing to be expecting it from others."

Some things are basic manners. As a gracious society, saying thanks should come naturally.

Blame it on poor up bringing?
Un-educated?

Enough ranting. Time to sleep.

Regular Forumer
720 posts

Singapore
Riding:
Posted on: 11th Mar 2015 1:38 AM    Quote and Reply

Perhaps its got to do with 'party against people' welcoming such cultural immigration. Otherwise, more or less the parenting/upbringing short-coming. I seems to observe more of the same too.

Regular Forumer
6,187 posts
Forum Rep: 42

Singapore
Posted on: 11th Mar 2015 3:31 PM    Quote and Reply

being the only resource available, we have been "socially engineered" (starting from the baby boomers, through the educational and other channels) to strive for material gains - an every man for himself, shape up or ship out attitude -, hence eroding all other core values. A vicious cycle that had spiralled through three generations.

"..all in all you're just another brick in the wall.."

Regular Forumer
11 posts
Forum Rep: 3

Singapore
Posted on: 11th Mar 2015 5:09 PM    Quote and Reply

Quote:
"Formerly posted by qijiaoche:
"..all in all you're just another brick in the wall..""

Pink Floyd - Another Brick In The Wall
https://www.youtube.com/watch?gl=SG&v=YR5ApYxkU-U&hl=en-GB