Topic: Beware of dishonest seller: Peter aka ooptimizer@yahoo.com

Posted on: 14th Jul 2014 11:16 AM    Quote and Reply

He has many ads posted online, eg: http://www.stclassifieds.sg/sell/bicycles-and-fun-wheelers/sports-and-outdoors/excellent-condition-24-lady-bicycle-bike-no-repairs-needed/ad-3622090

For sale is a 24" lady bicycle in excellent condition. This bicycle is inexcellent condition and no repairs are needed at all.No repairs needed as we are bicycle repairers and we have fully serviced andchecked the bicycle, so you can just buy and start to cycle.Remember bicycle repair costs are expensive so you can save your time and moneyby buying from experienced bicycle repairers.Collect from my block in Ang Mo Kio at a convenient time to both parties.Just email me at ooptimizer@yahoo.com"> ooptimizer@yahoo.com with your hp number if you are interestedto buy.  

First i have to say he is not all bad. He has some good bikes in his stash. The bad however he is a big liar. He would say all kinds of untrue things to trick you to buy his bike.

Before meetup, i already told him i want a good brand steel mtb. Then...

Scene 1

Met him downstairs, he showed me an MTB with oversized tubes and thick welds.

Him: "this is good bike, aluminium"

Me: "i am looking for steel"

Him: "this is steel"

Methinks: are you sure?

Me: "just now you said aluminium"

Him: "i was refering to the stem and handlebar"

Methinks: what the f***, who defines a bike by it's parts?

Me: "so is it steel or aluminium"

Him: "aluminium"

Him: "why not aluminium...aluminium good what...steel can rust"

*rolleyes*

Scene 2

I went to his house to browse his bikes. Saw a few good brands MTBs like Raleigh and Fuji.

I saw one with a bigger wheel size.

Me: "is this 26 inch fractional"

Him: yes

Me, after inspecting the tire: "this is 700"

*rolleyes*

Scene 3 

So i asked to test the Raleigh hybrid with 700c wheels.

Me: "is this steel"

Him: "yes"

Then as i was just about to mount it, i saw "6061" on the frame.

Me: "this is aluminium"

Him: "this is steel...how do you know it's aluminium..."

Me: "6061 is aluminium"

Him: "is it? how do you know?"

Me: "you said you are professional bicycle repairer, but you don't know 6061 is aluminium?"

Him: "that's my father, i only market"

*rolleyes*

Scene 4

So i said no and he went up. As i was walking away he came down again and offered me Aleoca.

Him: "you want steel right? i have the aleoca full suspension. that one confirm steel"

Me: "aleoca canot trust one"

Him: "why cannot trust...aleoca good what...suspension good what"

Me: "bye"
Regular Forumer
149 posts
Forum Rep: 2

Singapore
Riding:
Posted on: 14th Jul 2014 12:25 PM    Quote and Reply

Haha, he sounds more blur blur, clueless and incompetent than deliberately dishonest.

perhaps he is training for a sales job at the vertex 

Regular Forumer
2,625 posts
Forum Rep: 234

Posted on: 14th Jul 2014 10:48 PM    Quote and Reply

Such a funny seller.

Regular Forumer
77 posts
Forum Rep: 11

Singapore
Posted on: 18th Jul 2014 8:30 PM    Quote and Reply

thanks for the amusement lol !

Regular Forumer
85 posts
Forum Rep: 12

Singapore
Posted on: 29th Oct 2016 6:37 PM    Quote and Reply

Peter, Ooptimizer@yahoo.com"> Ooptimizer@yahoo.com is really a liar.

My husband and I saw a bike we liked and messaged him through gumtree.

He confirmed that he still had the bike, and he replied to my email with his details. 

I again sent him the picture of the bike and double, tripled checked that he had the bike... he confirmed via email, and I have the evidence to prove this.

*All this happened on the same day.

When we got there, he showed us a totally different bike, and claimed that he just sold the one we wanted.  He tried to sell me this totally different bike, but we refused.

He is a liar, and he had my phone number, and I have his... I am so enraged right now, I almost want to post his cell phone number.

I should have taken a photo of him and put it on my facebook.

Please dont buy any bikes from this guy!!! he is truely a liar.  You have to ask yourself why he can't put up a picture of the actual bikes he is selling (instead)???

Freshie Forumer
3 posts
Forum Rep: 1

Singapore
Posted on: 24th Nov 2016 11:26 AM    Quote and Reply

Thanks for the headsupFor all trading platforms, there are bound to be instances as this. Please be careful!

Quote:
"Formerly posted by sueanne72: Peter, Ooptimizer@yahoo.com"> Ooptimizer@yahoo.com is really a liar.

My husband and I saw a bike we liked and messaged him through gumtree.

He confirmed that he still had the bike, and he replied to my email with his details. 

I again sent him the picture of the bike and double, tripled checked that he had the bike... he confirmed via email, and I have the evidence to prove this.

*All this happened on the same day.

When we got there, he showed us a totally different bike, and claimed that he just sold the one we wanted.  He tried to sell me this totally different bike, but we refused.

He is a liar, and he had my phone number, and I have his... I am so enraged right now, I almost want to post his cell phone number.

I should have taken a photo of him and put it on my facebook.

Please dont buy any bikes from this guy!!! he is truely a liar.  You have to ask yourself why he can't put up a picture of the actual bikes he is selling (instead)???"

Regular Forumer
111 posts
Forum Rep: 8

Forum Moderator
Singapore
Riding:
Posted on: 13th Feb 2017 5:01 PM    Quote and Reply

Quote:
"Formerly posted by hermanchauw: He has many ads posted online, eg: http://www.stclassifieds.sg/sell/bicycles-and-fun-wheelers/sports-and-outdoors/excellent-condition-24-lady-bicycle-bike-no-repairs-needed/ad-3622090

For sale is a 24" lady bicycle in excellent condition. This bicycle is inexcellent condition and no repairs are needed at all.No repairs needed as we are bicycle repairers and we have fully serviced andchecked the bicycle, so you can just buy and start to cycle.Remember bicycle repair costs are expensive so you can save your time and moneyby buying from experienced bicycle repairers.Collect from my block in Ang Mo Kio at a convenient time to both parties.Just email me at ooptimizer@yahoo.com"> ooptimizer@yahoo.com with your hp number if you are interestedto buy.  

First i have to say he is not all bad. He has some good bikes in his stash. The bad however he is a big liar. He would say all kinds of untrue things to trick you to buy his bike.

Before meetup, i already told him i want a good brand steel mtb. Then...

Scene 1

Met him downstairs, he showed me an MTB with oversized tubes and thick welds.

Him: "this is good bike, aluminium"

Me: "i am looking for steel"

Him: "this is steel"

Methinks: are you sure?

Me: "just now you said aluminium"

Him: "i was refering to the stem and handlebar"

Methinks: what the f***, who defines a bike by it's parts?

Me: "so is it steel or aluminium"

Him: "aluminium"

Him: "why not aluminium...aluminium good what...steel can rust"

*rolleyes*

Scene 2

I went to his house to browse his bikes. Saw a few good brands MTBs like Raleigh and Fuji.

I saw one with a bigger wheel size.

Me: "is this 26 inch fractional"

Him: yes

Me, after inspecting the tire: "this is 700"

*rolleyes*

Scene 3 

So i asked to test the Raleigh hybrid with 700c wheels.

Me: "is this steel"

Him: "yes"

Then as i was just about to mount it, i saw "6061" on the frame.

Me: "this is aluminium"

Him: "this is steel...how do you know it's aluminium..."

Me: "6061 is aluminium"

Him: "is it? how do you know?"

Me: "you said you are professional bicycle repairer, but you don't know 6061 is aluminium?"

Him: "that's my father, i only market"

*rolleyes*

Scene 4

So i said no and he went up. As i was walking away he came down again and offered me Aleoca.

Him: "you want steel right? i have the aleoca full suspension. that one confirm steel"

Me: "aleoca canot trust one"

Him: "why cannot trust...aleoca good what...suspension good what"

Me: "bye""

This is very interesting. 

thanks for your head up

Work Hard, Play Hard, Cycle Hard!
Enjoys while you can
Regular Forumer
66 posts

Singapore
Posted on: 12th Sep 2017 3:00 PM    Quote and Reply

Hi would anyone happen to have ooptimizer's contact number, and if you do, could you PM it to me? Im negotiating a bike purchase from him but he is avoiding my question whenever I ask him for his contact details, and I'm getting worried after reading the poor experiences of transacting with him. Thanks in advance and have a great day ahead

Freshie Forumer
4 posts
Forum Rep: 0

Singapore
Posted on: 12th Sep 2017 3:52 PM    Quote and Reply

9811 1290 His name is Peter

Freshie Forumer
3 posts

Singapore
Posted on: 12th Sep 2017 9:22 PM    Quote and Reply

Quote:
"Formerly posted by sueanne72: 9811 1290 His name is Peter"

Thanks so much sueanne72, much appreciated

Freshie Forumer
4 posts
Forum Rep: 0

Singapore
Posted on: 12th Sep 2017 9:41 PM    Quote and Reply

I think just don't bother buying from him. Not worth your time to go there and the bike you want is no more.

Regular Forumer
149 posts
Forum Rep: 2

Singapore
Riding:
Login to see your Forum Rankings