6th Jun 2013 5:21 PM Quote and Reply
The Togoparts Marketplace provides the Classified Advertisements service to facilitate exchanges among its users. Items offered on Togoparts Marketplace posted as a Marketplace Ad ("Ad") are sold by members of the Togoparts.com website (“Members”), not by Togoparts.com. The Staff and Moderators of Togoparts.com ("Togoparts") hereby reminds all sellers and buyers relying on the advertisements placed on the Togoparts Marketplace that sellers and buyers are solely responsible for all aspects of the transactions in which they choose to participate. All transactions must be consistent with any applicable laws and with Togoparts.com's guidelines, including the Togoparts.com Terms of Service.
The definition of a "Commercial Ad": The item posted as an Ad that indicates or describe its unused state AND that the item is sold for a commercial purpose (profit) is a Commercial Ad.
The definition of a "Non-Commercial Ad": All other Ads that is not a Commercial Ad. That is to say not new, opened, used, 2nd hand, hand-me-down, items only.
Togoparts Marketplace places restrictions that each seller and buyer must understand and agree to:
- Togoparts.com provides Togoparts Marketplace as a platform for Members to connect with one another;
- The Togoparts Marketplace is for commercial and non-commercial use under different ad types and categories.
- Togoparts.com does not participate in, nor is it a party to transactions made;
- Togoparts.com does not screen or control Members who may buy or sell items, nor does Togoparts.com review or authenticate in any way the items offered for sale. Therefore, users of this service must be aware that:
- Sellers and buyers must be 18 years old or older.
- Sellers and buyers are completely responsible for working out the sale and exchange of goods.
- It is the responsibility of sellers and buyers to resolve any disputes that may arise from transactions.
Togoparts.com will not be under any obligation to render any assistance in this regard. Thus it is important to use care throughout your dealings with other people in Togoparts Marketplace.
- Sellers and buyers are responsible for researching and complying with any applicable laws, regulations or restrictions on items, or manner of sale or exchange that may pertain to transactions in which they participate.
- Sellers and buyers are responsible for all applicable taxes and for all costs incurred (if any) by participating in Togoparts Marketplace.
Rules for getting started: Putting up Ads.
Any ads that do not comply with the following rules will be hidden.
Hidden Ads: An ad can only be hidden by a moderator. A hidden ad counts towards your ad quota. For eg. You have 10 ads to post. If you have 7 ads hidden, you can only post 3 ads. Hidden Ads will be automatically removed by the system in 4 months. You cannot remove a hidden ad and the moderator will not be able to unhide it unless the reason is compelling.
Commercial Hidden Ads: An Ad is deem to be an Commercial Ad but posted as a Non-Commercial Ad.
Deleted Ads: You may delete your own ads when it is no longer valid. A moderator may also delete your ad for moderation reasons. A deleted ad is no longer kept in the system and is not retrievable.
Your Ads if does not comply with the following rules will be hidden by the marketplace moderating team:
- UPDATED: Commercial Ads -The item posted as an Ad that indicates or describe its unused state AND that the item is sold for a commercial purpose (profit) is a Commercial Ad. This Ad must be posted as a Paid Commercial Ad
- All other ads are Non-Commercial Ads. In other words, All Used items are Non-Commercial Ads.
- The Staff and Moderators of Togoparts.com reserves the right to decide if the Ad is a Commercial Ad after making sufficient due-diligence. If deception is used by the User, the Ad will be Hidden. If the User repeates the offence, Togoparts reserves the right to disable the User's Account.
- If you are a business person or conducting a business on the side, you can post only post it as Paid Commercial Ads or contact our advertising sales team for discounted options on togoparts.com
- You may only upgrade your ad to Priority Ad Status if you are putting up a Non-Commercial Ad. Otherwise your Ads will be hidden for you to upgrade it to a Commercial Ad if should choose to.
- One item per Ad. You are allowed to post only 1 item per ad.
- No Ad Duplication. You are allowed to post 1 Ad in the correct ad category. Duplicated ads in the same category will be hidden. Duplicated Ads across different categories will be hidden.
- Clear and accurate product information in the Ad Title and Description fields. You must accurately describe the item and indicate the category of the item you are buying or selling correctly both in the Ad Title and Ad Description fields.
- Search integrity. You may not include any language in your listing, including in the listing title, which may confuse potential buyers or cause your listing to be included in search results to which it is not responsive. For example, if you are going to describe your item by stating what it is not, you may not include this information in the listing's title.
- Complete Description of Terms of Sale. You must include information in your Ads that describes the terms of sale, including payment methods accepted, how the goods will be delivered and who will pay the costs, any additional costs associated with the item, and the applicable return or refund policy.
- Appropriate Category. You must list your items in the most appropriate category.
- Appropriate Content. You may not link to, post images or other content, or include advertisements for goods or other matter that: (a) describe items that you are not selling in Togoparts Marketplace, or (b) you do not have right to link to or include. You also may not include any content or images in your listing that are obscene, offensive, harmful to minors, invasive of anyone's privacy, or otherwise inappropriate.
- Rights to and Possession of Items for Sale. You may not offer any item for sale that you do not have the rights to sell.
- Togoparts Brand Controlled items. You may not offer any NEW ITEM for sale at a profit that is already listed as a controlled brand by a local distributor who is subscribed as a partner merchant with a valid account with Togoparts.com.
- Spam. You may not spam Togoparts Marketplace, including: (a) posting any listings that invite users to contact the seller to conduct sales transactions outside Togoparts Marketplace or otherwise advertise within a listing; or (b) sending unsolicited commercial mailings to users of Togoparts Marketplace.
- Compliance with applicable laws. You may not offer for sale or sell items to any buyer in a jurisdiction where the item or terms of the sale violate applicable laws or regulations. You also may not offer for sale any item that violates Togoparts.com's policies as described below in "Items that are Prohibited on Togoparts". For an overview of items not allowed on Togoparts Marketplace, please see below.
Warning: Togoparts.com reserves the right to remove any advertisement that is not in compliance any of the above requirements, without prior notice to you.
Rules for Participating in the Togoparts Marketplace: Buying and Selling.
- Manipulation of service. You may not use or manipulate this service for any fraudulent activity or purpose.
- Disruption of service. You may not disrupt other ads or the Togoparts Marketplace service. For example, you may not post harassing comments in other ad columns.
- Fraud. You may not use this service for any fraudulent purpose, including collecting payment from buyers and not providing the item purchased.
- Signposts. You may not use this service as a signpost that redirects to other sites for the purpose of purchasing the item or like items eg. Placing an ad on the service that leads the potential buyer to another website where the items is placed for public auction.
Items that are Prohibited by Togoparts
It is the responsibility of both the seller and the buyer to ensure that the items listed are appropriate for sale under all applicable laws and regulations. In addition, every item listed on Togoparts Marketplace must be consistent with Togoparts.com's policies, as determined in Togoparts.com's sole discretion. Togoparts.com expressly reserves the right to, but has no duty to, refuse, reject or remove any listing in Togoparts.com's sole discretion.
There are some things that you may not list or sell under any circumstances. These include:
- Any item that is harmful to minors, obscene, or otherwise objectionable in Togoparts.com’s sole discretion.
- Adult-oriented materials. You may not list any items that are "adult oriented" in nature or marketed in an objectionable manner, as determined in Togoparts.com's sole discretion.
- Illegal or restricted weapons and related accessories, including the following:
- Firearms and firearm accessories, including ammunition, scopes, and silencers
- Switchblade knives
- Any concealed weapon
- Any explosive device
- Martial arts weapons
- Cigarettes, illegal drugs, drug paraphernalia (including items to grow, manufacture or distribute the same), prescription drugs and medical devices, including any medical device that requires fitting by a certified practitioner or licensed seller.
- Any item that infringes the rights of a third party, including items that violate copyrights, trademarks, publicity, or privacy rights of third parties. Examples may include, but are not limited to:
- unauthorized copies of software, music, video games, movies, photos or other media
- bootleg recordings of concerts, movies, or other performances
- sale of unauthorized back up copies of software
- Any item that is counterfeit or stolen, including items that are:
- "replicas," "knock-offs," in the same "style" as, or "fake" versions of a name brand product;
- counterfeit, or for the purpose of producing counterfeit, currency, stamps, government identification;
- non-authentic sports collectibles, celebrity autographs, or otherwise non-authentic versions of memorabilia or other items with non-authentic signatures
- any item for gaining unauthorized entry to a place or vehicle including lock-picking devices, vehicle master keys, and other devices.
- Any item that promotes, glorifies, or is directly associated with groups or individuals known principally for hateful or violent positions or acts. Expressive media, such as books and films, may be subject to more permissive standards as determined by Togoparts.com in its sole discretion.
- Any animal items that are subject to regulations or laws for the protection of animals, including endangered species and domesticated animals, as well as any products made from or including any parts of an animal protected by law or regulation. Please note: Pets are only allowed to be offered for sale on Togoparts Marketplace. The Agri-Food & Veterinary Authority of Singapore (AVA) prohibits certain types of animals to be kept as pets. For more information, refer to the AVA's advice on permitted pets.
- Any item used for hacking, intercepting, jamming, descrambling, or otherwise obtaining unauthorized access to wire, electronic, or other types of communications.
- Bodies, body parts, bodily fluids. For example: cadavers, organs, "clean" urine for drug tests, sperm, eggs, blood, breast milk.
- Fireworks, explosives, or any hazardous material or restricted chemical.
- Government-issued identification documents, whether authentic or counterfeit (e.g., fake Ids for age verification, fake government credentials, passports, birth certificates).
- Stocks and securities.
- Gambling items (lottery tickets, sweepstakes, pyramid schemes, grab bags, raffles, slot machines, etc.).
- Individual contracts, services, and any item that is non-transferable.
- Any used goods not appropriate for resale for safety, health, or other reasons, including any clothing items that have not been appropriately cleaned (e.g., used underwear).
- Any other item that violates any applicable law or regulation or which Togoparts.com determines, in it sole discretion, is inappropriate for sale through the services provided by Togoparts.com.
Updated and Effective 30th May 2012
Forum Rep: 0