Topic: OCT 2019: SG- MERSING- TANJUNG BELUNGKOR (close to Desaru)

Posted on: 5th Aug 2019 8:09 PM    Quote and Reply

Hi all,

Per Dawn/ Dusk ride to MERSING sometime mid October 2019.

Best Laid Plans
- Expected Mileage, 300km
- Road bike or similar
- Have pump, spare tubes and patches
- 330am Meet up at Woodlands Checkpoint Area (Esso along Old Woodlands Road) and cross the border together.
- Reach Mersing by around 10am
- Reach Ferry Tanjung Belungkor Ferry Terminal in time to catch the 630pm Ferry

There is a time constraint to catch the last and only ferry so expect the first leg from SG to Mersing to be a little faster (30kmh-32kmh , except upslopes) to make the best use of the cool weather.

Return leg will be more chill as we will have more time. Probably roll along at 25-27kmh.

ALTERNATIVELY: Stay the night at Sungei Rengit Lobster Town and catch the Pengerang bumboats back to SG the next morning. I'm good with either.

Route is here.

Drop me a PM if interested and we can arrange. Safe riding wishes to all.

Regular Forumer
11 posts
Forum Rep: 0

Singapore
Posted on: 27th Aug 2019 8:09 PM    Quote and Reply

Hi All,

Ride is set for Last week, 25th - 26th Oct 2019. Please note the following Monday is a Singapore Public Holiday.

There are some changes. It will be a 1 way or 2 way ride (Depending on popular vote).

1. We will spend the night in Mersing.

2. Route is the same.

3. Those who wish to ride back are free to do so, otherwise, there is option to catch the 530pm bus back to SG (Bugis, Kovan, Singapore Flyer) at SGD$26.

4. With sufficient riders, probaby arrange for support vehicle

5. Intention is to cross the border at 530am, grab breakfast somewhere and start the ride expecting 7-8hrs saddle time. Faster rider are free to go ahead and catch us at check points or at hotel (To be determined)

Drop me a PM if interested.

Regular Forumer
11 posts
Forum Rep: 0

Singapore
Login to see your Forum Rankings