Topic: Singapore to Thailand

Posted on: 19th Jun 2017 4:00 PM    Quote and Reply

Hello Everybody!

I'm planning to do a bikepacking from Singapore to Thailand next year during May - July. I have 2 plans in mind now.
1. Ride all the way up to Chiang Mai and do Mae Hong Son Loop & Golden Triangle Loop with bicycle.
2. Ride all the way up to Thailand and travel to most of the cities using bicycle.

As of now, I do not have a bicycle yet. I had tried Mae Hong Son Loop and Golden Triangle Loop using a automatic motorbike last year, roadbicycle was not recommend as some of the road was quite rough.

Can I have some recommendations or advices on the bikes which I should get ? Alternatively, I had thought of buying a bicycle in Chiang Mai then travel there and head downwards to Singapore, but I heard that the bikes can be pretty pricey there.
Freshie Forumer
4 posts
Forum Rep: 0

Singapore
Posted on: 20th Jun 2017 5:27 PM    Quote and Reply

Hmm i too plan to bikepack one day but i would think you do some testing to nearer destinations 1st as a form of training/acclimatisation perhaps? Maybe try Malaysia then Thailand? If i had known i would be cycling 24/7 and would eventually bikepack i would have invested in a nice Titanium 29er hardtail frame to be honest haha

Regular Forumer
158 posts
Forum Rep: 21

Singapore
Posted on: 29th Jun 2017 1:26 PM    Quote and Reply

Wah. I like this. Prepare how many people will join this event?

http://lingeriesss.com
http://plussingapore.com
Freshie Forumer
3 posts

Singapore
Posted on: 29th Jun 2017 1:43 PM    Quote and Reply

Quote:
"Formerly posted by Warning: Singapore to Thailand.  Do it bro!. "

Thank you !

Freshie Forumer
4 posts

Singapore
Posted on: 29th Jun 2017 1:44 PM    Quote and Reply

Quote:
"Formerly posted by grado: Wah. I like this. Prepare how many people will join this event?"

Sadly, only me alone. I'm deciding between a bike touring or bike packing. Planning to put about 2 to 3 months onto this trip.

Freshie Forumer
4 posts

Singapore
Posted on: 29th Jun 2017 4:20 PM    Quote and Reply

Quote:
"Formerly posted by Warning: Any bike will do bro. Singapore to Krabi, Thailand, about 1500 kilometres. Do alone not because you don't have frends but because you brave to face fear. "

Thanks! I planned to ride and visit every city in thailand. I was expecting about 10kkm in total.

I'm fine with doing it alone. I rode motorbike on Mae Hong Son Loop & Golden Triangle Loop alone before, it was pretty adventurous.

Freshie Forumer
4 posts

Singapore
Login to see your Forum Rankings