Topic: possible transport bicycle via those express buses from Sg

Posted on: 25th May 2017 12:30 PM    Quote and Reply

Hi,

Hoping someone will help,'m planning cycle from KL to Sg and take busse back to KL. 

Is it possible for me to transport my bike (neatly packed) via those express buses from SG to KL ?

Hoping that you will share your experience with me.

Thanks!
Freshie Forumer
4 posts
Forum Rep: 0

Singapore
Posted on: 25th May 2017 3:48 PM    Quote and Reply

Yes, of course. Just pack it well with foam in between so that it doesn't rub each other when you dismantle the wheels.

Cover it with motorcycle canvas and tape it well. Make sure everything is packed tightly.

Regular Forumer
187 posts
Forum Rep: 29

Singapore
Riding:
Posted on: 26th May 2017 10:33 AM    Quote and Reply

Thank you so much for the speedy reply,Anyspecific Bus Company?
i called Grassland the answerd is bicycle not allow on board ..

Freshie Forumer
4 posts

Singapore
Posted on: 26th May 2017 1:56 PM    Quote and Reply

Quote:
"Formerly posted by Nuang12345: Thank you so much for the speedy reply,Anyspecific Bus Company?
i called Grassland the answerd is bicycle not allow on board ..

"

You're most welcome. I used an IKEA DIMPA bag to put my folding bicycle in it. I didn't tell them I was going to bring a bike, I just put it in the bus luggage compartment below.

I was on First Coach. Or else, taking the KTM would be a better option for you I guess. 

Regular Forumer
187 posts

Singapore
Riding:
Posted on: 27th May 2017 12:31 PM    Quote and Reply

If you want to take the bus back to Malaysia, I suggest you cycle to JB larkin and take a bus from there. This will save you the hussle of loading and unloading your bike through the customs. In my humble opinion, cycling the bike through customs is easier than carrying it through. Hope this help.

Freshie Forumer
8 posts

Singapore
Posted on: 29th May 2017 11:08 AM    Quote and Reply

Guys really appreciate suggestions above, will consider cycle back to Larkin as my 1st option .cos we got 6 paxs here..may easy for ur just hope in our local bus then claring the custom with our packing .

Thank you for a valuable suggetion.

Freshie Forumer
4 posts

Singapore
Posted on: 29th May 2017 4:11 PM    Quote and Reply

Most welcome, enjoy the ride! Glad to know you're coming by our country! Ride safe!

Regular Forumer
187 posts

Singapore
Riding:
Login to see your Forum Rankings