Topic: Transport Malacca to Singapore with Bikes

Posted on: 19th Nov 2013 6:33 PM    Quote and Reply

Hi there, 

I'm planning a group ride from Singapore to Malacca in December.
I'm looking for the best way to get back from Singapore to Malacca with our bikes.

Has anyone got any experience taking bikes on the express buses between Malacca and Singapore? If so, has anyone successfully taken a bike on a bus, which bus company was it and how much did they charge?

I've been phoning bus companies most of this morning and it seems that they either don't know whether I can take a bike on the bus or that they really don't want me to.

Any tips/suggestions/advice would be HUGELY appreciated! 
Freshie Forumer
2 posts
Forum Rep: 0

Singapore
Posted on: 19th Nov 2013 7:17 PM    Quote and Reply

Once SBS used to provide such service

Regular Forumer
6,193 posts
Forum Rep: 42

Singapore
Posted on: 19th Nov 2013 8:51 PM    Quote and Reply

You are trying to plan a ride from Singapore to Malacca. Once you reach Malacca, you want to find the best way to get back from Singapore to Malacca when you are already in Malacca.

Why do you still want to get back to Malacca when you already cycled there from Singapore? Certainly very confusing to me.

Regular Forumer
343 posts
Forum Rep: 15

Singapore
Riding:
Posted on: 19th Nov 2013 10:59 PM    Quote and Reply

Quote:
"Formerly posted by georgiej01: Hi there, 

I'm planning a group ride from Singapore to Malacca in December.
I'm looking for the best way to get back from Singapore to Malacca with our bikes.

Has anyone got any experience taking bikes on the express buses between Malacca and Singapore? If so, has anyone successfully taken a bike on a bus, which bus company was it and how much did they charge?

I've been phoning bus companies most of this morning and it seems that they either don't know whether I can take a bike on the bus or that they really don't want me to.

Any tips/suggestions/advice would be HUGELY appreciated! "

I am also confusing like what Velomobile said. I hope that you are looking for the way back to Singapore from Malacca.

I took a bus from KL and Malacca before. I am not sure whether it will be OK for a group to take on the same bus if the group size is big. I was on solo trip . So No problem at all. One fact is that I didn't take the bus back to Singapore. I took a Bus back to Larkin, Johor Barhu and cycle back to Singapore as it is a lot cheaper. 

Both of the time, I took off the wheels. I simply brought my already disassemble  bicycle to the counter, showed them my stuff and ask them whether it is OK . No problem at all. No need to pay extra charges. I paid 19RM (7.5SGD) for my ticket to Larkin. Since it is so cheap I bought 2. One for me and one for my bags :D. 

A bus ticket to Singapore may be different as it is not domestic trip. Usually more expensive(2 times more), have to pay in SGD and there may be extra charges. Again, I do not know whether you need to bring your bike at the immigration or can leave it there on the bus. Usually, ppl as to bring their belongings at the immigration. 

Cycle back from larkin is very simple. you take the road lead to JB central, ride along the motobike lane. pass through both immigration through motobike lane. It is finished. you are home. 

Life is a journey and I am just an another wanderer.
http://www.mybikesnhikes.com
Regular Forumer
525 posts
Forum Rep: 8

Singapore
Riding:
Posted on: 20th Nov 2013 5:00 AM    Quote and Reply

Quote:
"Formerly posted by rbc1891: Once SBS used to provide such service"
I meant they did charter out their buses for such occassions.

Regular Forumer
6,193 posts
Forum Rep: 42

Singapore
Posted on: 20th Nov 2013 7:28 AM    Quote and Reply

I see now how I confused you.....yeah, I meant how to get from Malacca back to Singapore using transport for our bikes!

Thanks for the tips - it's good to know that Marius was able to get on a bus with his bike. I was thinking to take off wheels/pack bike and then just show up at the bus check-in counter and bully my way onto the bus!! 

Thanks all. 

Freshie Forumer
2 posts

Singapore
Posted on: 20th Nov 2013 8:01 AM    Quote and Reply

From the title i thought you want to bring malacca to singapore on bikes, just saying....... Quite a heavy load eh......

Paved Road + Lush nature = Time to cycle......

Swag if you want to die, helmet if you still want to live......
Regular Forumer
495 posts
Forum Rep: 3

Singapore
Posted on: 20th Nov 2013 9:41 AM    Quote and Reply

you can probably rent a mini bus to bring you back...dunno how many of you there are...more expensive than a public bus but more comfy and handy

Regular Forumer
1,363 posts
Forum Rep: 12

Singapore
Posted on: 20th Nov 2013 10:19 AM    Quote and Reply

I've taken the train back from Penang to Singapore after cycling there - We just bought tickets and walked on with our bikes - no one stopped us or even mentioned it. However I have heard others say on here that this is not allowed - anyway RM20 usually helps to lubricate the process of dealing with malaysian officialdom although inflation may also have hit that.

Regular Forumer
2,625 posts
Forum Rep: 234

Posted on: 16th Jan 2014 1:50 PM    Quote and Reply

.... if its a group ride then everyone just charter one or more  mini bus/van from Malacca to JB

then u can include durians back to sg too lolzz

most bus transport offices in Malacca can arrange for van charters with drivers  

Regular Forumer
284 posts
Forum Rep: 8

Singapore
Posted on: 19th Jul 2014 10:53 PM    Quote and Reply

Hi everyone,

Recently decided to offer a bike taxi service to help fellow cyclists enjoy exploring our sunny island on two wheels.

Please visit my link at gumtree (http://singapore.gumtree.sg/c-Business-Services-Other-Business-Services-Bicycle-Rider-Transport-Service-Singapore-W0QQAdIdZ607096370)

Malacca > Singapore transport can be arranged with sufficient notice. Please contact me for a quote if interested.

Thanks 

Freshie Forumer
2 posts

Singapore
Login to see your Forum Rankings