Topic: Singapore to Kota Tinggi ride 8 June to 9 June

Posted on: 5th Jun 2013 8:25 PM    Quote and Reply

I'm doing a ride this Saturday to Kota Tinggi via JB, stay there overnight, and Sunday ride down to Penggerang and return to SG via ferry. On touring bike, expected ave speed 22 - 25km/h. Anyone keen to join me?

Regular Forumer
70 posts
Forum Rep: 0

Singapore
Posted on: 5th Jun 2013 8:38 PM    Quote and Reply

. Great, enjoy the trip. bro.

Regular Forumer
1,342 posts
Forum Rep: 17

Singapore
Riding:
Posted on: 6th Jun 2013 1:28 AM    Quote and Reply

Bring adequate isotonic drinks. Kota Tinggi undulating and dehydrating route I cycled and ran out of water.

Regular Forumer
6,192 posts
Forum Rep: 42

Singapore
Posted on: 6th Jun 2013 11:10 AM    Quote and Reply

Thanks for the tip!

Regular Forumer
70 posts

Singapore
Posted on: 6th Jun 2013 5:38 PM    Quote and Reply

Bro i am keen. Can watsapp me at 81125072. Thanks - Roy

Freshie Forumer
2 posts

Singapore
Posted on: 6th Jun 2013 10:18 PM    Quote and Reply

Pm you ... Can message me as well @ 96668395, thanks. 

Freshie Forumer
1 posts

Singapore
Posted on: 7th Jun 2013 4:35 PM    Quote and Reply

Ssuperzonic bro, ready for tmr trip?

Regular Forumer
1,342 posts
Forum Rep: 17

Singapore
Riding:
Posted on: 7th Jun 2013 5:23 PM    Quote and Reply

I brought and consumed 1.5L of isotonic drinks just to reach Kota Tinggi. So had to return without hydration (dehydrated). Those 2 nos of 750ml water bottles may not be adequate without topping up at some petrol koisks, if we happen to find any along the route. Drink water/isotonic drinks at the petrol koisks in JB before you cycle towards Kluang/Kota Tinggi. Police in Police Station may not be well-versed on road names when we were lost and seek direction from them. A map from street directory can be useful. Enjoy your trip.

Regular Forumer
6,192 posts
Forum Rep: 42

Singapore
Posted on: 7th Jun 2013 5:39 PM    Quote and Reply

Quote:
"Formerly posted by rbc1891: I brought and consumed 1.5L of isotonic drinks just to reach Kota Tinggi. So had to return without hydration (dehydrated). Those 2 nos of 750ml water bottles may not be adequate without topping up at some petrol koisks, if we happen to find any along the route. Drink water/isotonic drinks at the petrol koisks in JB before you cycle towards Kluang/Kota Tinggi. Police in Police Station may not be well-versed on road names when we were lost and seek direction from them. A map from street directory can be useful. Enjoy your trip."

Thanks! I'm mentally prepared to get lost, but that's part of the fun isn't it! In any case, will be bringing my Garmin Edge so that will help too. 

Regular Forumer
70 posts

Singapore
Posted on: 7th Jun 2013 5:41 PM    Quote and Reply

Quote:
"Formerly posted by kona-bros: Ssuperzonic bro, ready for tmr trip? "

Yeah bro! It's gonna be a slow and leisure ride. The smell roses, song-song take a break for smoke kind... Not the podium finishing chionging kind.

Only concern is the weather.... 

Regular Forumer
70 posts

Singapore
Posted on: 7th Jun 2013 5:48 PM    Quote and Reply

It seams pretty predictable at the moment - rain in the late afternoon - just make sure you start early enough and should be fine.
I prefer to cycle from JB to Kulai and take route 94 to Kota Tinggi rather than route 3 - it always seems to have a lot less traffic

Regular Forumer
2,625 posts
Forum Rep: 234

Login to see your Forum Rankings