Topic: Highway that bicycle can not ride

Posted on: 12th Mar 2013 12:35 PM    Quote and Reply

Any road with a prefix E in Malaysia is an expressway and I am pretty sure bikes are not allowed (kopi money and you'll probably be OK, but fast moving traffic and dangerous) - Tuas is 24hrs but if coming from Singapore SG ICA will not allow bicycles to cross. Have read about people being let through from Malaysia and then hassled / patronised / threatened with being sent back when they get to SG checkpoint. If I go to malaysia these days cycling I always go by Changi / Pengarang ferry - JB checkpoint cycles allowed but is narrow fume ridden and completely unplesant.

Regular Forumer
2,625 posts
Forum Rep: 234

Posted on: 12th Mar 2013 12:59 PM    Quote and Reply

Quote:
"Formerly posted by Zappadeedoohdah: Any road with a prefix E in Malaysia is an expressway and I am pretty sure bikes are not allowed (kopi money and you'll probably be OK, but fast moving traffic and dangerous) - Tuas is 24hrs but if coming from Singapore SG ICA will not allow bicycles to cross. Have read about people being let through from Malaysia and then hassled / patronised / threatened with being sent back when they get to SG checkpoint. If I go to malaysia these days cycling I always go by Changi / Pengarang ferry - JB checkpoint cycles allowed but is narrow fume ridden and completely unplesant."

Nowadays i go by pengerang.

Regular Forumer
1,341 posts
Forum Rep: 17

Singapore
Riding:
Posted on: 12th Mar 2013 1:46 PM    Quote and Reply

Hi All,

thanks for the advices. 

I will not go by Tuas as I am not familier with that route.  I will be going by woodland as I am more familier with that part of JB.

Another thing is that I don't have to go to Masai anymore as my cousin is not there anymore. Therefore, I don't have to ride on Pasir Gudang highway anymore. But I still go to Pontian and I will re-route my route to Pontian without taking the highway or minimal use of highway. 

thanks

Life is a journey and I am just an another wanderer.
http://www.mybikesnhikes.com
Regular Forumer
525 posts
Forum Rep: 8

Singapore
Riding:
Login to see your Forum Rankings