Topic: Cycling in Taiwan

Posted on: 17th Jan 2012 9:30 PM    Quote and Reply

I've cycled mostly within ASEAN, went cycling in Taiwan recently. It's really cycling friendly in terms of infrastructure and cultureIt's got mountains (cycled up 2,600m), plains, road and offroad.
Story here: http://lifecyclesg.blogspot.com/2012/01/taiwan.html

Go where you've not been to in life. Cycle.
lifecyclesg.blogspot.com
Senior Forumer
118 posts
Forum Rep: 0

Singapore
Posted on: 5th Dec 2012 6:16 PM    Quote and Reply

I just finished reading your report and shared the days and photos of your trip in Taiwan.
I am very happy for you that you have been there and got to know how incredilbly friendly the Taiwanese were.  The taxi drivers probably not Taiwanese.

I think I wrote somewhere here that no one cycle in Taiwan during the winter.  I would not.  I guess since you from Singapore, you would not have known how cold Taiwan can be in winter.   Your cycling there in winter not counted.

Taiwan winter is miserable  because cold together with humidity can really hit hard.  And to read you cycled up Alishan in winter!  I can only smile when I was reading your report.  The good thing about Taiwan in winter is that there are hundreds of good hot springs, where I spend much of the winter in.

I found staying in other countries with -10 to -20  was less cold than Taiwan.  Largely because when the temperature drop below 0, moisture came out of the air and dry cold air is ok.

May you have many more Taiwanese trips.

Shanlung
山 龍
Mountain Dragon
http://shanlung.com
Regular Forumer
277 posts
Forum Rep: 9

Singapore
Posted on: 3rd Jan 2013 11:28 PM    Quote and Reply

Hi, thanks for your post. Yes, it really was cold, with the wind, the rain and inappropriate clothing.

The warmth of the Taiwanese people more than made up for the cold :) 

Go where you've not been to in life. Cycle.
lifecyclesg.blogspot.com
Senior Forumer
118 posts
Forum Rep: 0

Singapore
Login to see your Forum Rankings