Topic: 29th August exploring "journey to the west" lol

Posted on: 27th Aug 2014 12:48 AM    Quote and Reply

actually just going to explore the western adventure loop
http://www.nparks.gov.sg/cms/index.php?option=com_visitorsguide&task=parkconnectors

Please note that I only aga aga know how to get there....

hence, this is more of exploring ride.

details
29th august 2014
Meeting point : Bishan Park Mcdonald
Time : 10.15pm
Moving off time 10.30pm SHARP!!

ROUTE (aga aga)
Bishan Park Mac -> thomson road -> chancery Lane -> bukit timah -> western adventure loop -> bukit timah -> thomson road - > bishan Park.

distance: dunno

speed: 20km to 25km.

slow riders dun worry, we will wait for u! those that cannot wait, dun come next time!

Please bring spare tubes, helmet, lightings and money.

Terms & Conditions:
Being thread starter, this friendly event is a voluntary cause to make this cycling trip possible. I/we as the group are not liable for any damages and injuries for this event. We ride together as adult so safety S.O.P as usual.

anyone have a better and safer route to the western adventure loop, please advise...

i firmly believe cycling is about comradeship and of coz cycling. In my opinion, it is not how much the bike cost, it is ur attitude towards cycling and the respect to your fellow cyclist.
Regular Forumer
108 posts
Forum Rep: 5

Singapore
Riding:
Posted on: 27th Aug 2014 1:35 AM    Quote and Reply

Quote "
low riders dun worry, we will wait for u! those that cannot wait, dun come next time!"

thats sentence sound cool....LoL....hope to be there...just got a injured knee, dont think can keep it to 20km...

Regular Forumer
139 posts
Forum Rep: 30

Singapore
Posted on: 27th Aug 2014 2:14 AM    Quote and Reply

oppps, i just copy and paste from the earlier ride post, i never even realised i wrote that lol...

i firmly believe cycling is about comradeship and of coz cycling. In my opinion, it is not how much the bike cost, it is ur attitude towards cycling and the respect to your fellow cyclist.
Regular Forumer
108 posts

Singapore
Riding:
Posted on: 27th Aug 2014 3:32 PM    Quote and Reply

Hi there, was wondering if the route passby Lornie Road or are there alternative? I am keen!

Freshie Forumer
5 posts
Forum Rep: 0

Singapore
Posted on: 27th Aug 2014 3:34 PM    Quote and Reply

Sorry! Please ignore my question. Just saw Chancery Lane

Freshie Forumer
5 posts

Singapore
Posted on: 27th Aug 2014 8:20 PM    Quote and Reply

where is western adventure loop???tuas??

Regular Forumer
139 posts
Forum Rep: 30

Singapore
Posted on: 27th Aug 2014 11:46 PM    Quote and Reply

bro,

my suggestion : go by mandai rd, woodlands rd, bkt timah rd. then to where u want to lead. 

only on return we take : bkt timah rd - chancery lane - thomson rd back.

in this manner, less cars also along bkt timah rd, there are some constructions at the rd side here & there. and more traffic during this timing 11-11.15pm when we reach the point.

on the way back, should be past 12am, so less vehicles on the rd.    

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Junius !! if you are reading this, it's a good chance for you to test out mandai rd !!      

Regular Forumer
76 posts

Singapore
Riding:
Posted on: 27th Aug 2014 11:50 PM    Quote and Reply

Quote:
"Formerly posted by waltzy: Hi there, was wondering if the route passby Lornie Road or are there alternative? I am keen!"

hey,
where is your place?  if it's around lornie rd area, it'll be advantage on the way backbecause you reach home first.

Regular Forumer
76 posts

Singapore
Riding:
Posted on: 28th Aug 2014 1:06 AM    Quote and Reply

western adventure loop comprises of bukit timah, little gulin etc.
http://www.nparks.gov.sg/cms/images/WAPCN_map.pdf

energiser, nice idea. actually i just wanna ride nia, i just saw this loop seems to be more scenic hence propose this route.

in actual fact, never done this route hehe.,....

waztly, i trying to avoid lornie becoz it seems to be too dangerous.....

junious and friend is coming, i brining my good friend who will be riding my bike and for this ride i will be on a cheap velo... raigeih mv8....

engerizer, u coming? waztly?

Regular Forumer
108 posts

Singapore
Riding:
Posted on: 28th Aug 2014 2:21 AM    Quote and Reply

Quote:
"Formerly posted by Enegizer:

bro,

my suggestion : go by mandai rd, woodlands rd, bkt timah rd. then to where u want to lead. 

only on return we take : bkt timah rd - chancery lane - thomson rd back.

in this manner, less cars also along bkt timah rd, there are some constructions at the rd side here & there. and more traffic during this timing 11-11.15pm when we reach the point.

on the way back, should be past 12am, so less vehicles on the rd.    

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Junius !! if you are reading this, it's a good chance for you to test out mandai rd !!      

"

haha sure, im okay with anything! definitely going to make it 

Regular Forumer
16 posts
Forum Rep: 1

Singapore
Posted on: 28th Aug 2014 12:31 PM    Quote and Reply

Yes I am keen! But not sure if i can keep up with the pace and the distance! I am quite a new beginner!

Freshie Forumer
5 posts

Singapore
Login to see your Forum Rankings